Server time: 2017-08-23, 23:00

Sign in to follow this  
The Marshal

Recalling my DayZRP journey

The Marshal    351

This has been one of the most amazing communities I have ever been a part of. I have been a member here since June of 2015, still basically a whitename myself despite the fact most people don't associate me with that brand. I've grown and improved so much since the beginning of my path here.

In June, I played on this server for over six hours, accidentally bypassing the whitelist unknowingly. My first time on the server was amazing, and somehow with the only rule I knew being to not KoS anyone, I wasn't involved in a report. I even robbed a developer of a few items(J.D.) without a hitch, but of course I made the basic new person mistake of going OOC a few times because I didn't know any better. I met some anarchists, an insane Joffrey, stole a truck from some random chick with Joffrey, and wandered up to meet my friend that had turned me on to this server.

The whitelist went back up, and I was so in love that I joined the Teamspeak. This is where I met Terra for the first time, perplexed by her accent and intimidated by her attitude(Even to this day she scares me but I love her), and spoke to J.D. as well. They helped me to create an account and get my application started.

The next day I was back in the server. My character, Damon, was better developed, and with a good understanding of the rules. For three days I was on my own, and on the third day I encountered some Irish brothers. They called themselves 'The Shelby Brothers', and they ran a pub outside of Msta. These two were none other than Husshh and DustinRay. I still talk to these guys every now and then, but not enough in my opinion. They took me into their dynamic group and began teaching me the ropes, and I learned a lot about how to follow the rules in RP. But I didn't expand, I was stuck in a bubble, only interacting with the Shelby's connections.

Fast forward to July. The Shelby brothers were presumed dead, Damon's world had begun falling apart. He was near fatally wounded by some people who claimed to be employed by a man named Bo-Jack. He was stabbed repeatedly for not knowing the man's name.

So, I made a new character with the intention of only playing him for a week whist Damon recovered from his wounds. A social experiment, of sorts, to see how people would react to a heavy authority figure that spoke his mind often and wasn't put off easily. Enter U.S. Deputy Marshal Johnathan Jericho Waters. This character was also a companion character to Cody Johnson, played by Jack Cutler. Still new to RP, I thought it would be a good idea to have him as a survivor of the plane crash. Yes, THE plane crash. Unfortunately, that's his backstory and it has stayed that way.

I began talking to a man known as The Chief. He played with me for 3 days on his alt character Vadam before he found me on his main character along with Chaostica, Alitmos, and other Trust members. I immediately fell into a natural place with this group, feeling right at home.

August. I officially became part of the Trust family. These people had started to become my friends IC as well as OOC. I had a lot of great RP moments, and I know I was probably a testing personality among the TS channels for them for a while. The Trust helped me develop my RP ability, and in turn, flesh out my character more. I am what I am today solely because of these people. And after many weeks, I still had yet to realize that Chief was breeding me for my future position as the leader of the group.

I also met the lovely Gamemaster Fish Socks in this time. Her and I connected fairly well right off the bat, and is hands down one of my top favorite people in the world. We connected in-character as well, a romantic spark being set between the two. By this time, I was known IC as The Marshal. Few people knew his real name outside of the group.

September came along, and my story revolved mostly around the group keeping safe, Marshal and Anne's relationship, and being hunted down by Darrion while a counter-hunt was being worked on.

From October onward so much has ensured, from gunfights and hostilities, to negotiations and treaties. My character has gone through a rise and fall of sorts, going to one of the top three most powerful people in the server at that current time, back down to his humble current state that is just trying to keep those he cares about safe. He used to be a mediator, heavily involved in the affairs of others for the sake of doing good. But he grew tired of the ungratefulness that came from many individuals of the effort put forward and the risks taken.

Now, I think back on all these moments, captivated by the intense and complicated story web I have woven, remembering the many faces and names of those that have had this journey with me, many of which are no longer with us for various reasons. I sit here remembering, and it makes me grin. Because I have so many good memories of this place.

And I can't wait to see what the next 9 months will bring to my doorstep!

Alex    453

This is one hell of a post, man. Glad you've had such an amazing time here. The blue text made other stuff blurry after reading :D

Didn't even get a mention kek

The Marshal    351

I'll never forget my guardian angel

Alex    453

I'll never forget my guardian angel

Must have covered your ass at least a few times, haha.

Terra    1374

<3 Love you too.

...but the only thing I can think of right now is you being intimidated by me and irritated by my accent...

it hurts...

Defiance    96

I'm glad to have been involved and able to witness your character and his progression. I, too, am excited to see what the future brings.

Nocheluz    104

I remember the first time I met Marshal, as well as the first time I heard him and Chief play sweet music in the wastes. It was always a pleasure running into you guys. As I dubbed you in your TS description- the voice that calms the savage beasts. What an amazing journey you've had! :)

Chief    598

I am sure one day you will find a whitename and train them in the RP arts, just as I trained you ;) in all seriousness I have learned far more from you than you will ever realize. I am very humbled by this post keep giving the top notch RP you do marshal!

d3Os2lG.gif?noredirect

If it makes you feel better I find you accent to be quite sexy ;)

Terra    1374

If it makes you feel better I find you accent to be quite sexy ;)

you just say that to make me feel better.... Let´s get ontopic again while in the mean time I dry my tears.

Oliv    1572

Nice post man, honestly. It's nice to hear people's beginnings and how they ended up here, are the way they are, etc.

I'm approaching my one year mark soon myself, and honestly don't know why I didn't show up here sooner.

snip

*hands Terra a tissue and offers a shoulder*

Jack the Ripper    252

Marshal, I will never forget the day my character asked you to kill him, and how you tried to make him reconsider. Though the details escape me, I still remember you telling me the story of how you had to execute a homicidal sniper back when you were in the force, some of your quotes that still worm my way into my head to this day, and effect my actions.

IC you've been a kind of father figure at times to Ivan, other times you've been a councilor, offering him advice and guidance. There have been times when Ivan has doubted you, when he has become frustrated at your actions, even going as far as to consider killing you. But at the end of the day he respects you, and behind the anger, the irritated tone, the scars and tattered remains of the man he once was, he considers you one of the few people he genuinely cares about.

As a role-player and a person I also respect and admire you. You've had a great and positive impact on not just my character, but many in this community. Keep at it man.

"It's okay to change... It's how you change that matters." - Marshal 2k15

Keira    1055

I'm glad you've enjoyed your time around Marshal. I am glad you were one of the first people I've met in the community and probably one of the closest friends I have on the server. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for your characters! It's really been amazing.

Marcunt    218

My own journey just started picking up its pace quite a lot and I really hope it will turn out as great as yours. This is a great example of what this community can do to a person's life! Fantastic, just fan-bloody-tastic.

Cheers, man, keep it up.

Stradic    266

I'm glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time here in the community. Meeting you has definitely been one of my highlights within my time here and I definitely look forward to seeing how your character progresses.

FreyZ    6

I loved being robbed by you with Sally and the rest. <3 Don't think I forgot you Sniper.

God damn reading this really reminded me, it's been a whole year since I joined. God damn memories man, all the friends I made and lost, all the drama and OOC crap we have to deal with, the amount of time I spend just doing shit that I would get arrested for in real life, this shit is downright addicting