Server time: 2017-08-20, 00:25

Sign in to follow this  
Finn

Does your family/roomates question your roleplaying?

Finn    76

I was wondering whether you guys have had problems with Role playing on DayzRP in places where people can hear you.

• I've role played at my College, where people would question my accent, saying "Why are you putting on an accent?" and stuff like that.

• I've role played at my grandmothers house, she said my accent I put on was awesome. Then I told her awesome stories I had from playing the game. This included stories about the masquerade, haha.
  • But when I'm at home, my parent's only hear me if I am yelling.

When I get time to myself, I know I go all out with my roleplaying, Screaming and overreacting to things and such, just using my time while I have it. This upcoming weekend I do have off work and my family is going on vacation, so I am going to spice up some RP with some quality RP.

Mercy    494

My mum thinks that it's perfectly normal because I'm so fucking weird xD

My boyfriend, I don't know, I feel embarrassed to do my chernorussian accent when he's on facetime with me but I can do it with him IG no problem. :S

I have to warn my mum like, "If you hear me shouting at someone.... Ignore it.... I'm roleplaying." But it doesn't even bother or interest her the slightest... #BestMum

zoyo    65

My family knows about it, they dont think its weird.

My brother laughs his ass off when I do a Chernarussian accent. xD

Finn    76

-snip-

I've skyped my GF while RPing and at first she would laugh at it, and after a while she would get used to it. For some reason a Chernarussian accent is cute? dafuq.

Mercy    494

-snip-

I've skyped my GF while RPing and at first she would laugh at it, and after a while she would get used to it. For some reason a Chernarussian accent is cute? dafuq.

I sound like a chicken trying to be an elephant. It doesn't work with me Q_Q

Finn    76

-snip-

I've practiced a Russian accent since I was like 16. So it has a pretty good flow to it, I plan on working on a Scottish, South African or British accent, hopefully using it after a month of practice.

Mercy    494

I've practiced a Russian accent since I was like 16. So it has a pretty good flow to it, I plan on working on a Scottish, South African or British accent, hopefully using it after a month of practice.

I can do accents if i do it like days in a row; like I warm up to it. Like my french accent xD

Ryssen    21

My parents never really said anything about it, but my sister said I scared her when I did my "crazy" voice as Acorn.

When I later lived with a roomate, I just explained what I did and he was completely cool with it.

And now I live by myself so no one hears me anymore :D

Doc Phlox    24

I live with my girlfriend, in a very confined space. She is always weirded out by the way I am talking or what I am doing.

As well, my character has a Chicago accent, so she is always very confused. It is easier during the days when she works or has class and I am free. As Soviet stated, when you are alone you can go all out. And I have noticed I am the same way.

If it is past 10 in the evening and I get tortured I am pretty much stuck to emoting out pain and screams. 

But concessions must be made in a relationship, the fact she hasn't left me from watching me play nd seeing how many hours I have logged on DayZ is still a mystery.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750

My parents probably think I am a total tit but they have never said anything.

They don't know, they don't need to know what I get up to in my man cave. It's better that way, safer too.

Roach    1541

My wife and daughter sometimes wonder why I'm yelling and sound mad lmao "I'm just roleplaying" I say.

But other than that, they don't question it and fully understand that roleplay comes with acting like someone else ;)

Emile    98

Well, my house has paper thin walls and I play an angry Chernarussian. Those two don't work well :(

My family would walk in and just shout "shut the fuck up", occasionally I get my sister in the room and her only thing is "Bro, are you drunk again'? Yeah, my family is weird as fuck to the point where me RPing is more normal than most of the things i do

My parents probably think I am a total tit but they have never said anything.

I mean to be fair, you always have been a tit

Guest Max   
Guest Max

My younger brother walked in on me shouting in my Chernarussian accent and thought I was speaking Arabic. He stared at me freaked out and walked out of my room.

Hebee    2216

My girlfriend absolutely hates it... But oh well. She has no valid argument behind it either she's just a little ball full of anger and hate I suppose.

Tewudin    44

I've woke up my family couple of times while Roleplaying so I had to learn to talk quitely while playing at the evening or night time. I found out that even when I'm talking really quiet, almost as whisper, people usually hear me over my microphone. I don't know if this mic is so good or my voice is so loud. :D Anyway, no one seems to be very interested in what I'm doing. They asked me a couple of times and the only thing they understood was that "I'm playing with friends". I don't mind, I think it's pretty good. They don't have any problems with my RP'ing and I can do it in peace. Although when it's evening or night time I've to watch out while yelling or screaming with pain during tortures. Usually it ends up being emoted in Text RP.

Galland    87

Kind of, try to explain online gaming without RP to your parents and then with RP

needed to make the detour over a "theater play which isnt involving a audience and where everybody is on the stage"

But yeah kind of I guess ^^

My parents think I'm insane fucking straight up.

Hagger    117

My girlfriend often comments if I accidentally go off character or say something that doesn't really sound like my character. She is my quality control.

My parents don't have any idea what I do on computer. Started roleplaying when I was already moved out.

DarkSide    229

My roommate hates it when I initiate on people. She also question me on why I "talk to myself".

CorbSlayer    34

Sometimes my dad will take a seat on the couch behind me when I RP, he doesn't really think it is odd (at least I don't think), and my brother usually comes downstairs to watch at the worst time possible, like when i am getting tortured, or getting initiated on

Clumsy    142

Both my roommate and boyfriend roleplay so I really have no issues. When I lived with my parents I did small voice acting jobs so they were already aware of the 'talking to myself'.

Stradic    254

Kind of awkward having to explain to my roommate what DayZRP was when he overheard me trying to convince some girl from killing herself.

My roommate doesn't care. It's actually made him curious, he wants to build a gaming PC to join into the community at some point.