Server time: 2017-08-20, 15:40

Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Status Report Highlight: 15 March 2016 – 0.60 Blockers & Animations Update

Zero    278

Inventory UI

With the move to Direct X 11, we’ll no longer be able to support the legacy user interface. Thus, functional parity with the legacy UI -has- to be achieved on the new UI. The design team are currently working on resolving the last few bugs blocking us from having that parity.

[align=justify]

Reload mechanics

[align=left]The move in .60 to involving manual bolt cycling, as well as misfire and jamming management via the charging handle on weapons such as the M4 has an impact on every firearm in the game. We’re currently working to resolve some functional hiccups in the switching between magazines, and the need to chamber twice before firing from a new magazine.

Character Loading/Saving

[align=left]A very large volume of unneeded traffic was discovered when investigating issues with character loading – a rewrite of the methods used to save and load from the central hive. Once we restore proper functionality, this area will no longer be a blocker.

[align=left]Tasks Completed

• 0.60 Build Optimization Pass (Performance in cities increased by 50% from initial build – optimization is ongoing however)
  • Cleared Rendering Test Pass list of visual/rendering based bugs
  • Renderer settings UI

[align=justify]Current Focus

• MSAA Hardware Multisampling Support
  • Alpha to Coverage GPU Feature (Which will increase quality of vegetation rendering)
  • Finalization of In-Game UI Features

For more information, click below.

DayZ 0.60 Status Report

It appears that it won't be too long until .60 release, I am very excited for this, and as it marks the game to be fairly close to beta release. 

[video=youtube]

Despite .60 being ridiculously delayed I'm still hopeful for what it can bring. It really looks to be the biggest update the game has had, and if the optimisation is improved it will be a godsend.

Still no zombies :(

Never were any zombies in DayZ, what are you on about?

Guest TCGBuNiTy   
Guest TCGBuNiTy

I hate the fact that we have been waiting for this new renderer and the upgrade from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11, for so long, and they tell us they are going to be moving .60 to experimental. I think they should just work on it very hard, work out the bugs themselves, and move it straight to stable branch. We have been waiting too long for this stuff and they need to add it in already.

SatansNightOut    105

It still disgusts me that they have so much money and they still procrastinate while they instead take pictures of shit.

You KNOW they are partying and traveling and spending their money on rent and car payments instead of devving. ;P

I hate the fact that we have been waiting for this new renderer and the upgrade from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11, for so long, and they tell us they are going to be moving .60 to experimental. I think they should just work on it very hard, work out the bugs themselves, and move it straight to stable branch. We have been waiting too long for this stuff and they need to add it in already.

Working out the bugs themselves is harder than it sounds. The reason for experimental is to give the players the opportunity to help out the devs with finding bugs. Imagine it takes 3 hours for one person to find one bug. The devs have limited numbers and they need to focus on other things than finding out bugs. With Experimental they have a far larger number of testers which speeds up the development process immensly. I honestly appreciate the devs having set up the Experimental to begin with. Otherwise development would be far slower than it already is. And I'd much rather wait a week or two longer than get a proper unstable game, which gets patched every day just to fix minor bugs, which can result in even bigger bugs. Experimental allows the devs to push updates every odd hour while still offering a "working" game with stable branch.

Hooray for optimization o/

Mod has zombies, problem solved :troll:

Rolle    2451

It still disgusts me that they have so much money and they still procrastinate while they instead take pictures of shit.

You KNOW they are partying and traveling and spending their money on rent and car payments instead of devving. ;P

What, like I did? :D

Guest TCGBuNiTy   
Guest TCGBuNiTy

Working out the bugs themselves is harder than it sounds. The reason for experimental is to give the players the opportunity to help out the devs with finding bugs. Imagine it takes 3 hours for one person to find one bug. The devs have limited numbers and they need to focus on other things than finding out bugs. With Experimental they have a far larger number of testers which speeds up the development process immensly. I honestly appreciate the devs having set up the Experimental to begin with. Otherwise development would be far slower than it already is. And I'd much rather wait a week or two longer than get a proper unstable game, which gets patched every day just to fix minor bugs, which can result in even bigger bugs. Experimental allows the devs to push updates every odd hour while still offering a "working" game with stable branch.

Hooray for optimization o/

Lol bro, I obviously understand the need for experimental, but the point I'm trying to make is that they have been working on this patch for months now. They play this game just about everyday and they have local host servers they test these new things on. They have a private network of servers setup so they can test them. It's just like any other video game company, they have game testers on standby that could test out the game, and that DO test out the game. This way they can work out the bugs. We have been waiting too long for this update and they are WAYYYYYY behind schedule for this 0.60 patch.

I obviously understand the need for experimental, but the point I'm trying to make is that they have been working on this patch for months now. They play this game just about everyday and they have local host servers they test these new things on. They have a private network of servers setup so they can test them. It's just like any other video game company, they have game testers on standby that could test out the game, and that DO test out the game. This way they can work out the bugs. We have been waiting too long for this update and they are WAYYYYYY behind schedule for this 0.60 patch.

I agree that they are way behind schedule, they have been since they opened the alpha to the public. But I don't think that skipping the release to experimental is the best thing to do. They have stated that there's at least a 3 day period where the next stable candidate is put on experimental before pushing it to stable branch. It is part of their development circle. I think the question is if the community wants small but frequent updates which might pose problems because there was no long term testing, or if we want bigger patches, possibly more stable, but less frequent.

But it's k.

SatansNightOut    105

What, like I did? :D

LOL. At least my account doesn't get respawned or I get stuck under a forum.

Roach    1542

What are zombies?

:troll:

Seriously though. Why do they keep ignoring zombies? Any other zombie game out there has better zombies than this suppose to be zombie game lol just makes no sense. Would've ben the first thing I optimize before anything else.

But I am happy about the 50% more frames :) my PC is going to like this.

Why do they keep ignoring zombies? Any other zombie game out there has better zombies than this suppose to be zombie game lol just makes no sense. Would've ben the first thing I optimize before anything else.

The zombies aren't being made by the team we get the updates and pictures from, those guys are mostly working on mechanics under the hood of the game. The team in Bratislava are the ones trying to deal with the performance consumption the zombie AI is causing.

That said, you're barking at the wrong tree.

EDIT: And as for the money mentioned above, I'm sure Bohemia wasn't walking down the hall throwing money at everyone who signed onto DayZ. Those guys earn a salary.

Roach    1542

Why do they keep ignoring zombies? Any other zombie game out there has better zombies than this suppose to be zombie game lol just makes no sense. Would've ben the first thing I optimize before anything else.

The zombies aren't being made by the team we get the updates and pictures from, those guys are mostly working on mechanics under the hood of the game. The team in Bratislava are the ones trying to deal with the performance consumption the zombie AI is causing.

That said, you're barking at the wrong tree.

EDIT: And as for the money mentioned above, I'm sure Bohemia wasn't walking down the hall throwing money at everyone who signed onto DayZ. Those guys earn a salary.

Just by talking here I'm barking on the wrong tree, I know that man lol I just thought I'd mention that they as a WHOLE TEAM' have not done shit to get zombies right. Doesn'T matter what I say here, I'm stating facts either way ;) But I get what ya mean man trust me ;) been playing DayZ since it came out on Arma 2 (roughly a week after release, I know this game and staff).

zoyo    65

I keep forgetting to look at this, thank you for sharing this. :)

TheSilent12    2

The animations and new render. Both exciting, animations are good for the RP community, gives the ability to innovate more. And Render I hope will decrease FPS drops for those with lower PC stats.

I'm not really excited about the new UI and how it functions, but I guess it is time to start saying goodbye to the UI we have all gotten so fond of.

I'd be excited for the new UI if they fix it to where you can see your hunger and thirst.

The animations and new render. Both exciting, animations are good for the RP community, gives the ability to innovate more. And Render I hope will decrease FPS drops for those with lower PC stats.

- me running game ultra graphics on 1983 laptop

- gets 300FPS in cherno

- praise the 0.60

- praise the devs

(hopefully how it goes. Could desperately use an FPS boost)

Thanks for sharing Superior Zero!