Server time: 2018-07-21, 04:11 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
Jowad Berekdar

Pretend-inventory items

So everyone here knows that our characters start with a comm. radio on them, despite it not being a physical item in the game. We just pretend that it's there, and emote it or anything regarding it. My question is: What other non-existant items can you own or SHOULD you own aside from the radio?

Can I, say, RP that I have a jar of dirt (as long as I have a reason to have it obvsly), or that I have a stuffed kitty in my inventory despite there not being an in-game equivalent in my actual inventory?

Are there things that I'm not supposed to have in my inventory? (Obviously I'm not gonna RP that I have some gun that doesnt exist in the game or something).

So yea, thats what I have to ask/say. I know this is technically a question but I think it would also work well as a discussion topic.

I've always said don't RP something too large or over the top if it isn't there. Little things are alright, especially if they add significantly to RP.

This thread covers the topic well: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Where-do-we-draw-the-line-with-nonexistent-items-in-game

As long as it's not a big item. You should be fine man :)

You most definitely can RP out that you have something in your inventory that's not actually a thing in game. As long as it's not trolly or way too large, and you RP it out correctly, then it's 100% alright. For instance, a lot of people might RP out that a piece of paper in their inventory is a picture, their ID, a deed to a house, etc. Lots of people emote things out as well, for instance "*The man pulls out a jar containing dirt from his backpack*".

/closed

Jowad you can use the thread bruce provided to continue the discusion.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Where-do-we-draw...ms-in-game