Server time: 2017-10-23, 09:57
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Redneck Rebel

Informing people of your char.

Question

How would one go about informing another person that my character is clean, as in took a bath, or the clothes are in good condition and teeth are brushed, face shaven and all that. would it be "*notice that clothes are cleaner than normal*" or something along those lines? Any help/suggestions would be nice. 

7 answers to this question

Boston    785

Well, it would certainly be an emote. You could do some of the following:

*Chris smiles to reveal a set of pristine, white teeth, looking as though they've been recently cleaned...*

*Chris rubs his face, feeling the sharp, freshly shaven short hairs on his face... As he rubs, a sand-paper esque sound can be heard...*

*Chris unbuttons the top button of his shirt, revealing a clean and in-shape upper body...*

Pretty much words to that effect. Emotes, basically. It doesn't have to be as detailed as those, or it can be even more detailed. It's all up to you. ;)

-Boston

Pussy    382

Pretty much what Boston said! Emotes are going to be your best friend if you are trying to explain physical aspects about your character. Get creative with them and try to add as many descriptive words as possible to explain his appearance. 

Also, hold onto sewing kits and repair any damaged clothes, and take some time to carefully plan your character's outfit! Things like that will add to your character.

Alright, sounds good, thanks for help. I'll start trying those out in game, been trying to make it more interesting for other people.

Pussy    382

Alright, sounds good, thanks for help. I'll start trying those out in game, been trying to make it more interesting for other people.

Sure thing! Not a problem!

I'll solve this now since it seems like you've been given some answers, but I'll leave this open for more discussion from other community members! Some other people may be able to give you some more tips and tricks c:

Nolan    0

Emotes are certainly the way to go, as said by people before me.

However, as clothes have visible qualities to show how damaged they are, people are likely to assume that if your clothes look 'pristine', they also look clean in an RP sense. There was pair of characters a while back who I met that were RPing as some dirty hobos, and were wearing ruined/badly damaged clothes - so if you want to roleplay out the opposite of being clean then that's always an option.

Cow    0

As Nolan said, clothes play a pretty big part in how people perceive someones cleanliness where someone in fresh crisp garments are clean, chances are they smell good too so get up close and give them a nice sniff to get that freshness. Where as people with damaged items and also depending on what they are wearing say some ghetto shit peoples perception will change.

Emotes are pretty big though, gotta show off the fact you have soap.

Joules    274

It really depends on how in depth you wish to go with the emotes. I would recommend making sure that you aren't using incredibly long emotes though. If you are not a fast typer, it can be a challenge to try and communicate these things on the move or in the middle of RP. It can also potentially get in the way of RP if you are doing the emote the moment you first meet someone. Now Nolan brought up a good point, in that many people will already make the connection that your clothing is in good condition if you walk around with pristine clothing. What might be better to try and emote would be to talk about other ways the character is clean. You brought up talking about him being shaved as well as having his teeth taken care of.

Essentially I think it boils down to making sure you don't have an excess words with an emote. You want to boil it down to the least amount possible to save yourself time typing it, as well as making it quicker to read for other people.

Now I have heard that it is possible use a program called AutoHotKey to try and bind an emote, but I don't know for sure.