Server time: 2017-08-24, 03:14

Sign in to follow this  
Stradic

Personal Rule

Stradic    266

G’day everyone. I was talking about this with some mates about some personal rules we have in regards to how we RP and it got me thinking if anyone else has any of their own rules they play by. So, for example some rules I play by are:

-If I am seriously injured by either gunshot wound, bitten etc. I will then start a timer in which if I do not receive the proper treatment within that timeframe I will then gradually RP out my character dying leading to an eventual perma. This has created some interesting medical RP and by having this rule in place makes me cautious on how I approach certain situations.

-At night time I no longer use gamma goggles and now rely on a light source to see where I am going. I highly recommend doing this and staying in first person as it creates a really eerie feel and makes it challenging in dealing with infected as well as getting a bearing of where you are.

-In regards to the radio chatter forum I have a few rules in regards to this such as:

à If I have recently posted on one forum I wont reply to another as I RP out that its not possible to be tuned into multiple frequencies at once.

à If I do not respond to a post within a certain time frame I RP out that I simply didn’t have my radio on at the time so I didn’t hear it.

So these are some of my personal rules that I play by but I’m interested to hear what others in the community may play by.

Boston    650

Yeah, I have some rules like that. 

For example, if I get shot somewhere, I RP out that injury and a scar that is left behind. If I am killed in a gunfight, I RP out that injury aswell.

I remember when I was brand new here I got sniped in the head. I then turned my character into a mentally challenged person (which probably wasn't very accurate, but you get the idea)... Most people these days don't really RP injuries unless it's a permascar.

I also (role)play with myself from time to time. If I'm running around, I'll investigate piles of trash, emote picking through them and finding misc. objects, etc...

Yeah, I wish that there were more people that did that kind of stuff. Good thread Stradic. ;)

-Boston

Nightfury    3

I don't really got rules like that, but I think I might start, but I got Rules of Engagement rules for myself, where I must ALWAYS give a warning to a person, a chance, to take the easy path or the hard path, for example, i give them a dress, i tell them if they are wearing that i will never harm them in anyway, but if they don't, it is open season. Doesn't matter what they do, I give a warning. Also I always build up rp with a person/group before initiating, by build up i don't mean a 10mmin hostile rp to it, i mean several different hostile rps or warning or what not, or a very long hostile rp... also i can do it on people who i have beef with. but never a stranger/randomer.. even though i'm a cannibal im a nice one :)

Hebee    2259

Eh I don't necessarily follow any rules such as those, but I do try to use the In game radios more than team speak (if everyone I am rolling with has them), it makes for some interesting RP when you are all communicating over a radio and someone else hears it too (the way it would actually be) So I guess that's kind of like that?

I got a similar set but I don't run towards a perma at the end of my timers.

Everyone has some sort of rules that they follow be it light or strict.

Oyface    309

I don't always do it these days, because I enjoy killing zombies way too much, but I used to limit myself to only carrying one stack of ammo per weapon, and no more than two magazines (one in the gun, one backup). The point was to make every bullet count, since realistically we wouldn't be finding bullets everywhere.

My personal rule in RP,:

Stay true, stay light, stay fast

Stradic    266

I don't always do it these days, because I enjoy killing zombies way too much, but I used to limit myself to only carrying one stack of ammo per weapon, and no more than two magazines (one in the gun, one backup). The point was to make every bullet count, since realistically we wouldn't be finding bullets everywhere.

I hope when the zombie count increases and with the loot economy tool shown the other week DayZRP will be something like that. I feel it would defiantly make people think twice about pulling the trigger.

Hagger    117

Interesting, I have some aswell:

- Gamma and brightness are set to realistic. If I am indoors at night I don't see ANYTHING unless I have a light source.

aikdiMw.jpg

This is how dark I have it without any light source.

- Realistic damage and reactions to it. If I get shot/punched/slashed etc. I try my best to simulate the effects of the damage.

- Realistic inventory management. I don't stuff medpack in my jeans even though it would fit the thanks to game mechanics, it goes in backpack.

- Useless inventory items. Shirts, books, etc. stuff that someone would most likely carry with them.

- Weariness and strain. I often walk and take "breaks" by sitting on random chairs or sit down to drink and rest. I never sprint unless I am running away from something or shot at.

- Carry that walkietalkie. If I want to use TS, I need to have walkietalkie on me.

- Looking for items. Yeah it is easy to spot stuff just by pressing tab, but I like to take it slow. I crouch and pretend to be looking for the stuff.

- Boiling the water. I recently started this: I don't drink water unless I have boiled it myself.

And the one thing for my current character is that I have a cigarette counter :D

I started my character with 1 pack of cigarettes (20 of them). He has to stop and smoke 1 every hour or so. If I run out of cigarettes I get grumpy and and very easily annoyed (withdrawals kicking in). I try to keep up with the cigarettes by having pen and paper next to my computer.

My Set of rules:

-Only loot after the fight is over.

-If you run away you'll get initiated on.

-No need to ever turn of the gamma goggles.

-If you have KOS rights use them.

-No need to ID your targets, it can be solved in the ban appeals.

:troll:

I remember when I was brand new here I got sniped in the head. I then turned my character into a mentally challenged person (which probably wasn't very accurate, but you get the idea)...

-Boston

This is actually, pretty accurate to a real event.

There was this guy who developed a tumor on a small part of his brain. It would not kill him, but before he took any medical operation (it was speculated that he didn't have money for it), he shot himself in the head, thinking it would be the easier way out. The shot, actually, removed the tumor, and he suffered some other consequences over his body and mind, but the guy is still living. I recall hearing this story from a professor, but I didn't take any time into it. Who knows, lol.

If I die as a result of anything other than a game glitch, I will perma my character and start over. Hasn't happened yet, because this rule makes me play like any major mistake could be my last.

Kanye    14

I always have 50 killers in the trees.

You are always within 500 meters

It has been 15 minutes

Near the firefight in the firefight

No headgear

Take shots give shots

Gun in hand put em in the sand

Keira    1058

-snip-

I hate your rules. Making me panic and sending me screenshots of your timer when we couldnt find you antibiotics. SIGHHH.

Nightfury    3

Oh i also never rob people if i take a hostage or something, i make sure nothing is taken from them, weapons, ammo food everything, i will leave them with everything they had before, i only do it for the RP

No mountain bags, no more white armbands.

Also, if Drew doesn't have glasses I turn my motion blur and bloom all the way up and turn post process all the way up, playing only in first person

I follow a couple of rules, personally. But my main one is more OOC-related than IC-related.

If I promise someone that I'll do X for them during an OOC convo, I'll literally do whatever I need to in order to do it in-game, come hell or high water.

Personal honor and a gentleman's word, would be the best way to describe it. Something a lot of people here don't give a damn about anymore but that's something else.

Stradic    266

Certainly some interesting rules people have. I might try applying some of these myself.

Autumn    121

-Always rp out an injury and medical treatment, I generally limit my character in terms of recovery. For example, can't crouch, sprint, jog, vault, etc.

-I generally try to eat on a regular basis given the time of day.

-live by the D20 in terms of looting rp items, anything less than a 5 and my character critically fails.

Not very many personal rules but it adds a bit of intrigue for me.

Guest TCGBuNiTy   
Guest TCGBuNiTy

We all at the NWM have some of these rules forsure! I never turn my gamma up to see better at night, we usually have a ton of torches, lanterns, or flares lit around town so we can see.

I've got a couple of personal rules, mainly to enhance my own enjoyment of the game.

1. Always remain in first person.

While I definitely get why people do third person and don't hold it against them, but to me it adds a layer of realism, as well makes me approach situations differently and be constantly aware of my surroundings (my poor alt button gets abused constantly while I keep looking around).

2. Don't touch the gamma.

It's not a easy rule to follow, since altering your gamma is incredibly easy, convenient and unoticable to other players. However, to me, it makes looting by yourself or looking for players no longer something "exciting and intense", as it basically gives you the magical ability to see in the dark. So I always stick to flashlights, light sources and the game's 'natural' adjusting period when you're in the dark, making for a much more fun experience (for me, anyway).

3. A steady pace and travelling light.

This is more of a character related thing, but I always make sure I have nothing more on my person than is necesarry, as well as store things in places where they'd make sense. This also affects my character in the way he travels. Generally I keep it to a jog with a stop every so often to catch my breath and take a rest. Sprinting is reserved only when fleeing and I also make sure to roleplay out what kind of effect such a sudden burst of exertion has on my character.

And lastly,

4. Act like every decision/interaction could be your last.

Another personal thing, but I like to immerse myself fully in the feeling of being in the middle of a apocalypse. Danger is constantly lurking around every corner, fewer and fewer people are trustworthy or friendly and you could die at any time. While I'll be honest and say I don't treat this rule as "permadeath when killed", I do like to act as if it were the case, not taking any kind of interaction lightly as well as not be easy to trust people.

That's the rules I have for myself.