Server time: 2017-10-17, 11:32
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Finn

Avoiding RP?

Question

Finn    78

I was wondering if evading from a group you know who will rob you is considered Avoiding RP, I'm just wondering because I was robbed 4 times in the past week and was almost left with nothing, so I just want to try and not make the same mistake and approach a group that seems suspicious.

Thank you.

7 answers to this question

AndreyQ    0

Depends on the situation.

If you know the group that is following you has robbed you before then I don't see a problem with you running away. However, if you are in VOIP range it is for the best to stop and talk to them.

If you don't know the group then you shouldn't really run. It can lead to some great RP regardless if you get robbed or not.

Ron    809

How do you know the group you are running into will rob you?

Did you identify the people as individuals you already had an encounter with?

Finn    78

-snip-

Well, if they have masks like the Masquerade I think everyone will run. But I was just wondering if that was avoiding RP.

-snip-

Not to gear RP or anything, but the masquerade has robbed me 3 or 4 times, and left me with only a shirt, pants, food and water. I like being identified as a hunter so I need to gear up which takes around 3 hours. The point is, the only reason I stop is to avoid-avoiding RP, which results me in wasting my time taking 3 hours to find stuff I need for my character to seem like a Hunter, after they have robbed me

Galland    89

If you can identify a group as let's say generic hostile group A

And those people have robbed you on multiple occasions maybe even tortured you would your char stay there yes or no?

Most probably not, fear leads to flight instincts ---> running away or tactical retreat are the logical consequence.

So now the RP ball is in their corner, how are they reacting to a victim which wont stand there still?

Same counts for unknown bandits, if the situation indicates that you are getting robbed but you got a window to escape why would your char stay there?

From my understanding Avoiding RP is when you are just looting an area and are not reacting to any kind of interaction with your character. So ignoring communication.

Rory    1557

Hi there!

We have a thread that touches on the topic of whether or not it would be classed as avoiding RP.

Other players have also shared their experiences on this thread and are discussing their personal opinions on the topic.

You can take a look at it here

Finn    78

Oh, alright. Thanks guys, you may solve this now.

Ron    809

Oki doki,

glad your question was answered.

I will mark this as /solved.