Server time: 2017-08-23, 02:36

Sign in to follow this  
Finn

Regretting my character's story

Finn    76

[align=left]I feel like I've screwed up way to many times in RP which caused my character to have a story which has a slight cringe to it. I don't know why it is cringy but the fact that it's so cringy makes me want to create a new character, but that will cause all my affiliations with groups to go away.

Does your story every give you OOC regret or cringe once you think of it?

Nope. His story is very much like my actual life story, except thankfully my family is still alive, and I didn't move to Russia. I tried to see it through my eyes, so that anything I do doesnt turn out as awkward or out of place for me. But I did have a few moments where I just sat back, looked at it, cringed, and fixed it up.

Bruce was my first character, so yeah it's a bit cringy as well. To fix that, I don't talk about it IC and we're good.

Everyone has those slightly cringy characters from time to time. Just don't let it bother you man. My suggestion is to see what you've done in the apocalyspe as your story now, not where you came from. Just let the past go IC.

zoyo    66

My current character Jelena is the result of many hours of writing and in character development. I've mad5e alot of other characters before her, and I don't think I have any reorgrets about this character.

Overall I'm very happy with the direction her story is currently going, and what has happened in the past. Sure there has been alot of very unexpected turns, but thats half the fun. Things would be alot different for me if it weren't for these unexpected turns. The group I'm in, my activity on the forums, my RP style.

Just because things happen differently than you plexpecr doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

Finn    76

-snip-

Well, I have made bad ties with a certain group. Because my character was tortured by their group he would talk about it to his pals, but he was carved into with a knife by a woman which turned out to be Chases/Brians GF, Alek had no intentions of liking her in any way, who likes a woman that cuts you. Anyways he would explain it badly because of his english and now they say he was calling her a slut, or whore although he was explaining how she was touching his face and making him look at her.

It just overall makes me cringe for some reason because I should've just stayed away from the Masquerade instead of staying inside of the Bandit triangle. But what are you supposed to do when you get chased every where, I was robbed 5 times this week. :/

I regret his story, but his story is deep to mine and I feel like I should kill him off or something.

Hebee    2239

-snip-

-snip-

I have had something like this and tbh I Kind of feel bad OOCly for my constant in character bullying of you.

However I feel as though the RP that we have had I have enjoyed and i hope the same applies for you, also there is no NEED to create a new character if you enjoy the current one you are playing.

Just remember your experiences may change your character but that is all in how you decide to role play it out, and your experiences are what make your character unique compared to others who haven't had them. Just when you're telling other characters about them be careful of who's around.;)

I'm new here, but I've been roleplaying for 15 years, thereabouts, but I know exactly how you feel. I call it a "roleplay manic episode". You might want to consider making an alt until you can figure out what to do with the character in question -- have him go off on his own for a bit and sort things out, which could, in turn, make your character more dynamic. The biggest thing to remember though is that roleplaying is supposed to be fun, so if you aren't having fun with a character then you should probably retire him/her or try playing something else for awhile.

Good luck, and have fun.

Finn    76

-snip-

No worries man, it's kind of a bummer needing to loot up to become a hunter again, but those RPs are really great. He's becoming more silent and more silent of a person, since he is trying not to say a word of anything revolving around the situation. It offers kind of a new character if you think of it, one who is silent and secluded in his own thoughts.

You might not see me IC for a while, kind of trying not to loose all my stuff for a lil' while. But don't feel gui