Server time: 2017-08-23, 00:52

Sign in to follow this  

Interview with Levi

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week we interviewed:

Levi

Thank you so much for participating!

~ Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

I don't know really, I exist. I aint a special snowflake, I'm 19. I live in the Netherlands and spend most of my free time either playing Arma, DayZ, Factorio, Operation flashpoint, Hearts of iron or similar strategy games. I spend most of my life either in boy scouts or cadets and as everyone probably knows I'll be joining the infantry in 4 weeks, because you know... I tell everyone.

~ Which section in the Forum are the you most interested in and why? ~

I'm usually found in the report section for 2 reasons, 1 to not make the same mistake as someone else and 2 to guess what the outcome of reports usually are, even though I ain't staff anymore I still quite enjoy reading reports and such.

~ How did you find out about DayZRP? ~

4ish years ago I mainly played 2 kinds of games Arma 2 in an mil-sim group or strategy RP. I found it increasingly harder to play mil-sim because most of the better groups played during US times and it just didn't work out with school so I primarily focused my efforts on RP'ing.

I started playing city life and those kinds of servers on Arma 2. I had played dayz mod at that point but I didn't enjoy it because the typical Arma player who would have a chat with you was replaced by the cod kiddo who would try to 360 no-scope you. So I tried to find servers where killing players was forbidden or only under certain circumstances, a couple google searches later I found DayZRP.

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

Bloody hell this is one question, I think that 90% of my steam friendslist consist out of people I met on RP. I could name a couple but if I were to name all the list would definitly be longer then the rest of the bloody interview, so I'll name a couple: Safestring, Lordvincent26, Deeblack, Clapton, Flashcrack, Jewell, Frozencaveman22, Frostygames, Thejackfish, Vandy, Credidred and the list goes on but I think it would be wise to stop here before I rant on, love you everyone else dont be mad plox.  

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

Well not really, I'd like to see mod support but thats not up to us now is it...

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

To be honest, there are too much to name but I'll pick 2.

The first one would be Alter hill Ring fights organised by Safestring during the mod, it was the first thing that came into my mind anyway. During the mod on alter hills helipad people would duel with hatchets untill either one person died or went unconsious it was usually fun to look at people circeling around eachother smacktalking and then getting completely recked by the other player.

My second one would be the clinic I set up in Zelenogorsk in standalone that would be little over a year ago already, I would usually log in as my doctor character in Zelenogorsk and literuarly just sit in front of the clinic in an paramedic outfit untill players passed by, in the starting weeks ocasionally people dropped by and then the same players would usually come back wounded and we'd have alot of fun RP for a couple of hours trying to fix that player, oventually another player by the name Jack Fisher ( thejackfish ) ran into me sitting next to my clinic, we had a talk and he ended up joining my clinic, we started a group there and with about 5 or 6 people we ran the clinic around the clock, shit really started picking up when a streamer called Smixxa and Roman bumped into our clinic, after that the clinic turned into a hotspot on the server, alot of people came and went but alot of shit also started happening, fights between groups and then we had to patch them up, twas alot of fun. One day a dynamic group came out of nowhere consisting of literuarly 20 people roleplaying as the UN, they set up camp in the militairy site in Zelenogorsk and they basicly protected our clinic from that moment on, I permae'd my character I think a week or 2 later and together with Frostygames we started the UN group that was around for a good while. I might pick up on that again in the future. The clinic that is, the UN is dead and verry much should stay that way.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us? ~

I had a couple but not uploaded, this is one not recorded by me but definitly one of the more interesting expiriences. ( also the odd days that Rolle still played. )

[video=youtube]

~ Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us? ~

Good o'l buggy as fuck DayZ.

[video=youtube]

~ What do you think someone should at least do once while playing DayZRP (funny and serious and of course within the rules) ~

I'd say, be in a war, not a small conflict like a group vs a group, but half the server versus the other half, During those times RP is usually alot more interesting, currently when you have a random player you run into its simply, hey how are you doing, fine you? and you'll be on your merry way, during wars everyone is sceptical of everyone and everything. Players would never walk up to you all friendly like theyd be sceptical as all hell, that in my opition just makes RP alot mre fun.

~ If you could meet one roleplay character you have met ingame in RL, who it would and why? ~

Probibly Nathan "Safe" Westwood from the mod, an absolutely insane person but he comes up with the funnyest shit in the worst times, you could be in the middle of a firefight and he'd be like: "WAIT WAIT WAIT, its time for a snackbreak" youd sit there for 5 minutes eating a pack of peanuts while being shot at and then continueing on with what was going on, and I would never ever forget that iconic yelling on alter castle "ALRIGHTY THEN".

~ Ingame, what is your favorite location to hang out? ~

My favorite would definitly be lake prud, I usually go there when I need to get away from shit, and noone goes there so its the perfect "happy place" for my character's. ( And of course all the memories that place holds )

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

That regardless of what kind of bullshit is trown at us, we're still fucking standing, cant say that for alot of comunities.

~ Is there anything you regret IC and OOC, since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?) ~

OOCly I'd say joining, becouse I'm pritty damn sure that never fucking leave.... Every time I leave it... it just pulls me back in... so I'd say that is my best and my worst moment. Ic'ly there is a couple of characters that I never finished, that kind of just "Dissapeared" rather then finishing their story line, I'm currently catching up, I'm playing all the caracters I didnt finish playing as and when they die, they die ( it has to be in an RP scence tho, not in a random firefight )

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? ~

Ask, What Ive noticed is that alot of newcomers ( not all of them ) but most dont have the guts to go up to people and ask if they need help or dont understand anything.

~ Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community? ~

I'm absolutely positive I'm going to be hung for saying this but streamers, while it does bring alot of inexpireinced people that just do stuff, or that simply join to see their streamer it usually is the only way to keep the servers filled up, recently its been relatively calm and some weekdays the servers dont even fill up, but ey thats just my 2 cents.        /end rant

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

Loved the videos. And do agree that more streamers would be great. It might bring more of my kind in, but I'd love the chance to help out the Whitename Nation.

Ramon    342

Nice interview ;)

zoyo    66

Great read, thanks for doing this Levi. :)

Levi.. what a lad..

Levi the living legend

Ah Levi, you still have such a foul mouth.nyou make me so proud

Ghost of Levi    8

Loved the videos. And do agree that more streamers would be great. It might bring more of my kind in, but I'd love the chance to help out the Whitename Nation.

I hate to break it to you.... but youre purple

Levi the living legend

Wait, what'd I do to desirve such a title?

Ah Levi, you still have such a foul mouth.nyou make me so proud

Thats what I'm fucking here for ey :P

-

-

-

-

-

-

<3 Much Love all of ya.

That speech reminded me of the end scene of Metro Last Light when the Spartans fought the Red. I loved it plus the read is sexy.

Good ol' Levi, nice interview. ;)

Spartan    1024

That speech reminded me of the end scene of Metro Last Light when the Spartans fought the Red. I loved it plus the read is sexy.

wait there are spartans in metro? I should finnish the game then I guess :D

wait there are spartans in metro? I should finnish the game then I guess :D

I have never been so disappointed in you

Nocheluz    104

A great interview Levi! I miss my little historian :)

Ghost of Levi    8

Well if you miss me, I still play its not like im gone or anything, you can still poke me when I'm on teamspeak, I dont bite, I'm just an asshole from time to time.

Guest TCGBuNiTy   
Guest TCGBuNiTy

I really enjoy all these interviews, I think it's a great edition to this community.

Nocheluz    104

Well if you miss me, I still play its not like im gone or anything, you can still poke me when I'm on teamspeak, I dont bite, I'm just an asshole from time to time.

Well I don't know anything about this "asshole" you speak of, but I def will poke you for a chat or to get in game sometime, especially since we never got the chance to meet up in game. But...um..I did hear that you DO bite? :P

Nice interview Levi, definitely a lot more effort put into it than the last few that I've read.