Server time: 2017-08-17, 02:05

Sign in to follow this  
Jowad Berekdar

Stuff like Razer Cortex Booster?

Question

Hey so I recently attempted to play DayZ on this laptop, and after a lot of tweaking, I can play the game but the framerate is frustrating (like 20fps I believe). So, I was downloaded Razer Cortex Booster, and have yet to try the game with it but I thought I'd ask:

Does anyone know any software than can improve my fps?

plz I'm dying to play some dank rp

9 answers to this question

The only things I can recommend, software wise, is making sure you're graphics card is up-to-date (long shot but I have to cover my basics). Depending on your graphics card, there are programs that you can use to 'optimize' games. What are the specs on the computer?

AMD: Raptr

NVIDIA: GeForce Experience

Hagger    117

I have Razer Cortex booster myself (or I am just too lazy to shut it off).

I haven't really noticed any noticeable increase in frames, sometimes I feel like the program is just making stuff slower. Have you tried programs like RegClean or CCleaner? In my opinion those give better performance boost than any game boosters. If that doesn't seem to help I'd suggest that you do all the basics: Clean the dust, get a cooling mat, do a complete wipe of the drivers and clean reinstall, make sure they are up to date etc. etc.

Or you can move into a desktop PC. The laptops and demanding games... they don't usually work together too well.

Phoenix    1034

I would also go with GeForce Experience. It has helped me run my games better in the past!

Also make sure your drivers are all up to date.

The only things I can recommend, software wise, is making sure you're graphics card is up-to-date (long shot but I have to cover my basics). Depending on your graphics card, there are programs that you can use to 'optimize' games. What are the specs on the computer?

-Processor: Intel i5-3210 @ 2.50GHz

-Ram: 6GB

-Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

-64 bit

Yes I know its subpar but its what I'm stuck with for now.

Dusty    1021

I've used Razer Cortex in the past. Didn't seem to make a difference. I've also unparked all of cpu's cores, made a fuck load of tweaks to my .cfg files, as well as started using the newUI, and my frames are usually kind of alright. That being said, I cannot comfortably play in areas like Cherno, Elektro, Zeleno, etc. Another thing you can do is to make sure a lot of your drivers are updated. That might not help a whole lot, but it's a good thing either way.

I'd say the best thing you can do right now for more frames is get the new ui by adding -newui to your launch parameters in steam.

Edit: I'm also on a laptop for now, until I can build an actual gaming PC in the coming months. Hopefully .60 and onward will help with frames though.

-Processor: Intel i5-3210 @ 2.50GHz

-Ram: 6GB

-Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

-64 bit

Yes I know its subpar but its what I'm stuck with for now.

The best thing I can suggest, again this is just on the software side of things, is to get GeForce Experience and see if that helps. If you still want frames after that, try adding '-newui' in the Launcher Options. I wouldn't recommend the the NewUI though, it is buggy, slow, and doesn't show health status indicators.

Thanks for the tips guys. I guess you can /solved this rn

Glad I could help! If you need anything else, feel free to PM me, mate!

#Issues4CH

Phoenix    1034

Great your question could be answered! 

Me and Bunny also found this thread that explains how to improve your FPS & Graphics ingame. Give it a try and see what you think!

If there's anything else you want to know, don't hesitate to ask!

/solved