Server time: 2017-08-24, 03:15

Sign in to follow this  
Makarov

{Open Freq.} Looking for a Chemist

*A short burst of static is heard, then a voice begins to speak through the static.*

Hello, all those who hear this message!

I represent a group of survivors that live in South Zagoria. Were sort of a family, as in we watch out for each other. Our leader... Boss, had sent a radio signal out a few days ago asking for an independent doctor who would be willing to join our group and keep us all patched up and healthy. We still are looking for an individual with a medical background or knowledge of medicine, but I am sending this message out for a whole other reason... Albeit, a relatable one.

You see, we like to be able to get supplies and basic services without owing anyone. We're kind of stubborn in that regard. So, we try to scavenge, grow, or hunt our own food. Stockpile on water, weapons, and ammo. We do trade with other groups now and again, in order to get the few things we need that we can't get ourselves, but were trying to change that. Hence, why were looking for a doctor. So we don't have to rely on some other group to patch our boys and girls up every time someone tries to attack us, or they take a nasty trip, or something.

So, when we sent that message to try and find a doctor, we got to thinking about some things involving medicine. What we've usually done when it came to medicinal drugs, such as morphine and epinephrine, we would scavenge the stuff from abandoned clinics and hospitals and trade with other groups. We figured, eventually down the line, that those types of medicine would start to become very rare and eventually run out. I have yet to hear about a group that manufactures Morphine or Epinephrine.

So, we decided to try and find someone who could work with the doctor we eventually get and try to fix up a way to make these life-saving drugs on a small scale. To be able to be independent from having to scavenge hospitals for these drugs and not suffer from the eventual Medicine crisis that is soon to follow In the future. We don't exactly know what job or type of person goes and makes these type of drugs, but we figured a person familiar with Chemistry would be the kind of person who could make these drugs.

So, were looking for a Chemist. Wholly independent from any group and willing to work with our group full time. Preferably, have an official education or job in the area involving Chemistry. We will pay you in shelter, food, water, protection, and a productive job to be able to practice your skills in safety. In addition, we would be willing to retrieve the need equipment, items, and chemicals for you to be able to do your Chemistry and produce a steady supply of medicine. Eventually, if supplies will allow it, we hope to make a sort of trade through the making of the medicine and give it to the people of South Zagoria for trading certain items.

If you are interested, we would appreciate if you were to voice your interest through this radio frequency and we will take it from there. Thank you for listening, and have a great day or night.

*The voice stops speaking and static resumes for a few seconds, before it falls silent again.*

*Fred hears the transmission and picks up the radio*

"A chemist? That would be a tough one. Producing medical substances here and now should be very difficult, if not impossible. I have a very basic understanding in chemistry so I cannot help you unless you have books or manuscripts with instructions on how to produce what you need. Also, the natural material required should be pretty tough to find. I do wish you luck, and I also would like to inform you that there is a group of people who produce non-medical drungs, and those should come in handy in a pinch..."

*Fred ends the transmission"

*Fred hears the transmission and picks up the radio*

"A chemist? That would be a tough one. Producing medical substances here and now should be very difficult, if not impossible. I have a very basic understanding in chemistry so I cannot help you unless you have books or manuscripts with instructions on how to produce what you need. Also, the natural material required should be pretty tough to find. I do wish you luck, and I also would like to inform you that there is a group of people who produce non-medical drungs, and those should come in handy in a pinch..."

*Fred ends the transmission"

*Viktor hears the reply from the man and picks up the radio, pushing the talk button to respond*

We understand that trying to produce medical drugs may be impossible, but it is better to try than to not. Medicine will run out. That is a problem that will eventually rear it's ugly head. We hope to ease that problem for our group. That being said, we are willing to retrieve Books and other pieces of literature that would aid in helping someone learn about Chemistry and how to apply it for making Medicine. Shouldn't be too hard, scavenge around the schools and some of the more large houses and I am sure we would find something. The only problem that we may have with teaching someone who is unfamiliar with Chemistry, is the medicine that they make. We are ok with taking shortcuts with the process of making said medicine, but we want the medicine to have the same effect and safe potency of the original Morphine and Epinephrine. We are aware of people who offer drugs that aren't.... Medical, in nature. We do not want to try and use those for pain and other means, for it could lead to addiction.... More so, than the risk of getting hooked on Morphine or Epinephrine. We are still, of course, looking for an individual willing and interested.

*Viktor releases the talk button and puts the radio back in his coat pocket*