Server time: 2017-10-23, 15:24
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Raptor911

Pets in dayzrp

Question

Raptor911    0

I'm unsure if this should be in here. Tell me if it shouldn't be.

So I was thinking about my char, and I started to wonder if you could use pets in this game. I know it wouldn't be a bird, or anything like that, maybe a stray dog or cat. And if so, how would I go about doing that?  And if so, can other animals get infected?

9 answers to this question

Hatch    0

Well seeing there isn't any domestic animals in game right now I'm going to say don't do that. Would be pretty immersion breaking for some guy to be petting some imaginary cat in the middle of the street.

Defiance    96

This thread addresses your concerns: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Where-do-we-draw-the-line-with-nonexistent-items-in-game?highlight=horse

I'll copy and paste my response as well: 

As for pets and steeds -- I'd pass on that. Small items would be preferable and wouldn't break immersion. I agree that it should only be limited by your imagination, but you unfortunately have to take into account the imagination of the other people on this server. It can be really difficult to comprehend textRPing with a horse, and frankly if someone said *rides into town on a beautiful white horse* while they just walked into town, I would consider this badRP.

Additionally, this kind of RP can definitely be acceptable if you discuss it with the people you're RPing with beforehand. I wouldn't take a small dog with me through Kabanino or Green Mountain, but I would RP having a small dog with me if I were isolated with my group or other individuals that are aware of the RP beforehand.

I've often described my character's beard stuffed into his balaclava as resembling the form of a small rabbit. When people confront me about the animal, I merely reveal that it's my beard and not a rabbit. That's about as ballsy as I've went with animal/pet RP.

I'm going to go ahead and mark this as /solved. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reply or send me a PM. I'd be glad to help you out.

Yoshi    61

/moved to questions

Hagger    117

I think animal companions were planned at some point. You try this after they have been released (maybe in year 2020).

Right know the only way you could pull this off is just using lots of emote. But I am pretty sure this would confuse everyone, most likely you would get reported from trolly RP.

ChilliVanilli    65

I think a little one would be ok, like a mouse or rat.

Stagsview    625

Regarding devolupment, I'm pretty sure the current dev team have plans to actually implement domesticating some animals into Dayz, so that might be very interesting outcome if it does become a thing.

Cow    0

11/10 I would have a Cow to ride or Chicken to sit on my shoulder.

Or a small rodent since they're smart enough to make good companions.

Dora    0

Back in the mod, I used to run around as a dog and befriended survivors. Love to do that again.

Hopefully they add in a non buggy(lol) pet system