Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:32

Sign in to follow this  
Doc

Potential "Miscreated" Server

Doc    3

No idea how the game runs, feels, looks, or handles, but would it be worth it to try and add a server? 

The question above is a personal one. I just got done watching a video done by Septic Falcon on this game. Initially I heard it was shitty, but the reviews of the game on the steam store page argue the validity of its mixed review rating. Some say it's better than Dayz. Who knows! Does anyone here have the game? What are your opinions? Would it be worth testing a server out, or not?

zoyo    64

It looks alot like H1Z1 to me, I dont know. I dont think it would do very well in this community. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my opinion. Typically whenever a new game server is added it will do OK for the first couple weeks and then it will just be empty until they decide to shut it down.

Nah, I don't think it would be worth it. We have DayZ already. I have seen some pretty bad reviews anyways.

Boston    646

Too many side projects. We just had to get rid of Minecraft and LiF... I think that DayZRP stick with Bohemia games only or extremely similar (H1Z1)

I agree with Boston. We just got rid of side projects. Not sure we need to deviate from Bohemia games.

Flapjack    66

I agree with the fact that we should stick with Bohemia for the time being, and forget side projects. We really should keep the side projects to just Exile. That is a mod which we can integrate with the already established lore of Chernarus, adding to it in fact. Where as for other side projects such as this to take off, it would require a lot of separate attention to make the experience on par with our main servers. After all, it's an Arma III mod and DayZ is a standalone version of a Arma II mod. So, the transition between them isn't overly awkward.

However, to put forward an opinion from someone who's experienced the game; sure people say it would be better than DayZ Standalone, however they're people who are looking for the public experience...It has no where near the role play value of DayZ. It has some great atmosphere at times, as the great attention to detail in building interiors and some fantastic environment set pieces etc. However, it is all diminished when you realise how small and generic the map is (with no proper lore), with a lack of logical though process when piecing it together. The lack of RP items and interactions will result in very lacking role play. The game is undoubtedly focused on the PvP survival rather than the PvE survival - which there's literally none of. Which, for your average survival MMO player; is great. For us? Not so much.

Admittedly, I only played the first few iterations of the game. So, if someone wants to override my experience with more recent, then go ahead.

Would it be worth testing a server out, or not?

No.

You destroyed our castle, so no. :troll:

I agree with pretty much the entire thread. DayZ is barely even staying populated right now. We should worry about that first and side projects later.

Guest Gibbon   
Guest Gibbon

Would it be worth testing a server out, or not?

No.

Kek

Doc your own arguments in that thread pretty much sum up the reasons not to have a miscreated server.

Considered buying it many times but yes it does feel like H1Z1 and I'm afraid it would soon just be just another game in Steam lib that I played for only 2 hours.

Ramon    331

Uhhh sorry to say but I dont understand this thread. I am a little bit confused...

Your last thread that you made was about closing others servers except DayZ.

I quote you:

So my question is: why the hell are they still up? Wouldn't the money be better put to advertising the community, improving the forums, etc.?

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but this pattern of failed alternative servers is disappointing to keep seeing. Please, remove them!

So my question is: Dont you think the same is going to happen with a Miscreated server?

Not enough people have that game

Doc    3

I'm going to have to ask everybody to kindly lay off on referring back to my previous suggestion thread. Yes, I'm the one who called for the removal of all current side projects like Minecraft and LiF servers. However, I didn't say that there should be no side projects. We now have Namalsk Exile, and we will soon have the other Exile server. Yes, I said this was a primarily DayZ community. All I am asking of this thread would be if this game would be "worth testing, or not". I didn't say "lets throw up a server and see how it goes". Now, can we continue on with a proper discussion of the topic, or are we just going to sit by and hop on the "he's eating his own words" train? You decide. Thank you to all who were actually discussing the topic properly.

Malvarik    7

While I have heard some things about miscreated, I haven't heard enough good things about it to justify a new server. Maybe a test server could be thrown up for a day or two to test how it would do.

Montanez    25

I've been following Miscreated since the first day it came out. The game has improved A LOT since it was released, but i don't think it is the right time to make an RP server yet. Currently it would only be the same as DayZ with the only difference being the beautiful map this game has.

CONS

• Base building is a thing, but it is extremely limited. 
  • Containers are not added yet, but will be soon. 
  • Game still crashes randomly, i feel like this would ruin the RP.
  • Combat is still being improved. 
  • I do not believe there are logs, but i could be wrong.

PROS

• Beautiful map, the best survival map I've seen so far. It is for sure immersive and big, but not as large as Chernarus.
  • Crafting. 
  • Fully working vehicles.
  • The infected performance is far better than the ones in DayZ 
  • Immersion is amazing. 

Once again, i believe that the game needs some improvement before it could be worthy of an RP server. It is important to notice that the company making it is not as big as the one that made DayZ, yet since the beginning they have been listening to the community, fixing the issues that we hated the most and putting effort on the things we wanted to see in game. 

Give this game a month or two and i believe that an RP server would be unreal.

Doc    3

While I have heard some things about miscreated, I haven't heard enough good things about it to justify a new server. Maybe a test server could be thrown up for a day or two to test how it would do.

Exactly that, or at the very least have others who have played it describe their experiences. From what i've personally heard, it isn't a very good game, but I've never played it.

I've been following Miscreated since the first day it came out. The game has improved A LOT since it was released, but i don't think it is the right time to make an RP server yet. Currently it would only be the same as DayZ with the only difference being the beautiful map this game has.

CONS

• Base building is a thing, but it is extremely limited. 
  • Containers are not added yet, but will be soon. 
  • Game still crashes randomly, i feel like this would ruin the RP.
  • Combat is still being improved. 
  • I do not believe there are logs, but i could be wrong.

PROS

• Beautiful map, the best survival map I've seen so far. It is for sure immersive and big, but not as large as Chernarus.
  • Crafting. 
  • Fully working vehicles.
  • The infected performance is far better than the ones in DayZ 
  • Immersion is amazing. 

Once again, i believe that the game needs some improvement before it could be worthy of an RP server. It is important to notice that the company making it is not as big as the one that made DayZ, yet since the beginning they have been listening to the community, fixing the issues that we hated the most and putting effort on the things we wanted to see in game. 

Give this game a month or two and i believe that an RP server would be unreal.

Thank you for following the game. I can definitely agree with you on the points made.