Server time: 2017-08-18, 22:14

Sign in to follow this  
KozmoDK

Lost ark of the raiders[PRIVATE]

KozmoDK    0

Sgt. Andersen, I'm still Sgt. Andersen.. Last words going through my mind before picking up the radio. 

"Raptor this is spear, over"

Static

"Raptor this is spear, over"

Vandal    77

*James was in the middle of cleaning his rifle when he heard the transmission. He rested the weapon on the table in front of him, picked up his mobile mic and pressed the PTT.*

"Spear this is Raptor Actual, Send your traffic over"

*After he releases the PTT he wonders if he actually heard the transmission or if it was just in his head.*

KozmoDK    0

A scratchy voice comes through on the radio. The voice seemed familiar. I've heard it many times before it what now seems distant memories

"Vandal?"

The words came out puzzled, still afraid to believe the man on the other end is more than a ghost from the past, brought forward by the hallucinations of dehydration.

"Raptor Actual this is Spear 3, it’s a pleasure to hear your voice. Requesting rally point over?"

Vandal    77

*Not fully remembering who Spear 3 actually is James responds back with some caution.*

“Spear 3 this is Raptor Actual, Standby on RV point, what is your count, Over?”

KozmoDK    0

The glimmer of hope that mere seconds ago had jolted through my body, were suddenly clouded by a grim dark cloud... He doesn't know what happened to them either.

"Raptor Actual this is Spear 3. Copy that. The count is minus 3. I got Spear 2 with me, he’s hurt pretty bad.  The rest... Do you know, over?"

Vandal    77

*Hearing the sense of urgency in his voice James quickly looks over the map for an RV point.*

“Spear 3 this is Raptor Actual, copy your last, move to RV point at 108, 053, We’ll be there in 20 Mikes How Copy?”

KozmoDK    0

I'm scrambling to get the map out of my pocket. Only a few specs of light is still making it through the tree tops above. It's getting dark soon. I look over at Welch laying on the ground next to me breathing heavily. Drops of sweat glinsing on his temple. Though I can feel the adrenalin and hope rushing through my body, in the back of my mind I do still wonder if he'll be able to make it. He has to.

"Raptor Actual this is Spear 3, That's a solid copy. ETA..."

I can't leave him

"ETA to RV point at 108, 053 is 30 minutes, over"

Vandal    77

*Throws on his backpack on his back, starts to jog out of camp. Pushes the PTT..*

Spear 3 this is Raptor Actual, Solid Copy, ETA 30 Mikes, Out"