Server time: 2017-10-17, 06:03
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
TartanGalaxy

Mouse Issues

Question

I don't know how to explain this very well but i'm gonna try. Basically i messed with my mouses DPI and now when i go onto DayZ some clicks register and others don't (most don't). Also when i'm in game and i move the mouse my character is quite a bit delayed and does not move along with the mouse but a little while after it.

Any help is very much appreciated. (If i need to specify more just say and i will try my best)

15 answers to this question

Deegan    162

How did you mess up your mouse DPI?

I was on my desktop and all of a sudden my mouse slowed down so i googled what was wrong and how to fix it. On a page i found someone said something about pressing a button on my mouse (don't think all mouses have it) so i pressed the button and it switched through different speeds. Then the next time i went on DayZ i had the issues. (Just saying but i'm really not good with computers, i only found out what DPI was when this started)

Rory    1557

Stupid question but did you make sure you to switch back to your old DPI at all before you stated DayZ?

i had no idea how to switch back exactly so i just kinda switched through until i found a speed that seemed like normal. (like i said REALLY bad with computers)

Does your mouse use drivers?

i don't think so.

Hatch    0

i don't think so.

Go to the windows start menu > Type in "devices" > go to "Device manager" (Looks like this) > Go to "Mice and other pointing devices" > Find your mouse and double click on it and a new window should appear > Click the devices tab > Then click "Update driver"#

--

Just read your comment about you switching your DPI via a button, what mouse do you own?

i don't think so.

Go to the windows start menu > Type in "devices" > go to "Device manager" (Looks like this) > Go to "Mice and other pointing devices" > Find your mouse and double click on it and a new window should appear > Click the devices tab > Then click "Update driver"#

--

Just read your comment about you switching your DPI via a button, what mouse do you own?

When i clicked "Update Driver" it loaded for a couple seconds then just said it was up to date. My mouse is called "ROCCAT Lua Optical Gaming Mouse".

Deegan    162

Try changing it back to your old DPI. That might fix it.

Hatch    0

i don't think so.

--

When i clicked "Update Driver" it loaded for a couple seconds then just said it was up to date. My mouse is called "ROCCAT Lua Optical Gaming Mouse".

I have Roccat too, it has it's own dedicated driver software with a control centre. Try finding that on your PC and it will have the settings there where you can reset the DPI.

--

I have Roccat too, it has it's own dedicated driver software with a control centre. Try finding that on your PC and it will have the settings there where you can reset the DPI.

Gotta go. I'll try and figure that out tomorrow. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Rory    1557

Gotta go. I'll try and figure that out tomorrow. Thanks for all the help everyone.

No worries!

Give us an update of the situation whenever you get the time tomorrow! Hope we can fix it together.

Goku    63

I have a suggestion. Have you at all changed the settings for your mouse in DayZ? I found that when I turned mouse smoother up my actions in game became very delayed. Another thing I can suggest is to reinstall your mouse drivers if editing them doesn't work.

I'm not sure what i did but i played around with the settings a bit, did some things people suggested and now it's working again. I'm not sure what it was exactly but i just want to thank everyone for trying to help me.

Asriel    0

Alrighty, considering that you managed to fix your issues I'll /solve this, feel free to post again if you're having more issues.