Server time: 2017-08-18, 16:19

Sign in to follow this  
Mike-Styles

Russian paratroopers (VDV)

Mike-Styles    19

So I am looking for other people to rp with my new character Maj. Dima Petrovski, he is a major in the Russian VDV and I was wanting to know if other people would like to make a character who is also in the VDV and para dropped in the country with Dima and we could RP as a Russian paratrooper squad. It would be quite fun and interesting since I personally have never encountered someone role playing as VDV paratrooper, and I was thinking depending on how this thing goes making it into a group, but first we must arrive in the country and get our names out there.

So if anybody is interested plz let me know by commenting bellow.

Zero    276

How are they para-dropping when the Russian military infrastructure has been completely wiped out since February of last year?

How are they para-dropping when the Russian military infrastructure has been completely wiped out since February of last year?

I  would assume he dropped at the beginning of the apocalypse and has been chillin' somewhere.

Mike-Styles    19

I  would assume he dropped at the beginning of the apocalypse and has been chillin' somewhere.

That is correct I didn't put all of the lore details in here just a very brief summary

tnkydoe    14

I was wondering why your name sounded so familiar, then i realized..... anyways looks like a decent idea just expect to be hunted by people due to you being military related

Jm Von Cat    153

What would the purpose behind this squad be? Why would they be deployed beyond the Russian quarantine zone?

There is no real reason for such things, if you can make a decent one then go for it. But I dont see any particularly good reason for it, or a reason for them to then stay in the country when they could simply walk home.

DarkSide    229

Well VDV are first strike troops I fail to see why your character would be deployed here. I know you left out some of the lore for him and all that which I understand. But why VDV? They are used to secure large airports or small military bases and prepare for larger Russian Forces to enter the country for a war or something. I like the idea of the VDV they are badass yes but don't really serve a purpose in a zombie apocalypse. But how ever you RP just don't go around saying "Hey guys I'm VDV" as that just sounds weird and most likely will get you robbed.

Guest TCGBuNiTy   
Guest TCGBuNiTy

Sounds like a cool idea. If I wasn't so busy with New World Mafia, I would absolutely do this with you.

Spartan    993

why would the russians send in paratroopers if they wanted to keep the country in quarantine by blocking the border? that doesn't make any sense.

why would the russians send in paratroopers if they wanted to keep the country in quarantine by blocking the border? that doesn't make any sense.

The whole FFL were paratroopers. If the French could send them why couldn't the Russians? 

I don't see why we should sit here and critique this so much tbh.

Spartan    993

The whole FFL were paratroopers. If the French could send them why couldn't the Russians? 

never read FFL lore but if a loremaster approved it, it should be possible I guess. Lore does say that the Russians contained the area, not moved troops in though.

Well if Russians are on the borders they wouldn't necessarily need to send on paratroopers, unless they were trying to send troops directly into hotspots of the infection (which could make sense). Where as I doubt the FFL would be on the borders with the Russians so they would have to send paratroops in to gain access to the area.

Vandal    77

I like the idea. Just because they are VDV doesn't mean they need to always fall out of a plane. Maybe they could have been part of the quarantine that fell apart or something. Or maybe your squad has been on the move since the fall of Russia and headed south or something. Anyways I'm sure you can find the right backstory to make it work.

zoyo    64

I could be wrong, but I think there was a group idea in the past like this. Russian Paratroopers. I'm probably wrong, but it just seems familiar. I'm not so sure this would really fit at this point in the lore. From what I've heard in character, Russia has been completely destroyed, and is flooded with endless hordes of thousands of infected. I dont think they Russian military would have the desire or resources to drop paratroopers into Chernarus, even if they did, what would be the purpose of such an operation?

Mike-Styles    19

I could be wrong, but I think there was a group idea in the past like this. Russian Paratroopers. I'm probably wrong, but it just seems familiar. I'm not so sure this would really fit at this point in the lore. From what I've heard in character, Russia has been completely destroyed, and is flooded with endless hordes of thousands of infected. I dont think they Russian military would have the desire or resources to drop paratroopers into Chernarus, even if they did, what would be the purpose of such an operation?

The main lore details behind my little group is that we were dropped here when the infection first started and the law in chenarus started to crumble. Our main goals were to provide intelligence back to mother Russia, and since there were little militia groups coming around trying to and take power in the area we were supposed to "suppress" any anti communist groups and help the uprising of a pro communist group in the nation. There are other objectives that I have thought of but those are the main ones.

zoyo    64

-snip-

The main lore details behind my little group is that we were dropped here when the infection first started and the law in chenarus started to crumble. Our main goals were to provide intelligence back to mother Russia, and since there were little militia groups coming around trying to and take power in the area we were supposed to "suppress" any anti communist groups and help the uprising of a pro communist group in the nation. There are other objectives that I have thought of but those are the main ones.

Good luck spreading communism in Chernarus ;)

I mean it's slightly conflicting as Russia advised UN to not allow anyone to enter Chernarus, and shot Chernarus citizens attempting to cross the Russian border. Russia didn't provide much aid at all.

Your concept is like saying you sent a man into a burning building to steal paperwork, seems an awfully large risk for an obvious catastrophic event.

Guest Gibbon   
Guest Gibbon

I mean it's slightly conflicting as Russia advised UN to not allow anyone to enter Chernarus, and shot Chernarus citizens attempting to cross the Russian border.  Russia didn't provide much aid at all.

Your concept is like saying you sent a man into a burning building to steal paperwork, seems an awfully large risk for an obvious catastrophic event.

Russia also said no troops went into Ukraine..but yaknow

IMO, its highly plausible that they went against their word. As long as there is some reason for them being in Chernarus then there shouldnt be an issue in my eyes.

Jm Von Cat    153

I mean it's slightly conflicting as Russia advised UN to not allow anyone to enter Chernarus, and shot Chernarus citizens attempting to cross the Russian border.  Russia didn't provide much aid at all.

Russia also said no troops went into Ukraine..but yaknow

IMO, its highly plausible that they went against their word. As long as there is some reason for them being in Chernarus then there shouldnt be an issue in my eyes.

... You do realize that this is an entirely different situation right? 

Or did that small fact just fly right over your head?

Just to establish the difference, Ukraine was an ongoing civil war in which one side was for "Pro Russia" the other side not so much. 

This infection is just that... an infection, in a country that is strongly opposed to Russia due to recent events in 2009...

Why waste highly trained troops on such an action?

What possible benefit would it give? 

Oh and the french, I mean... they sent troops to aid the nation like many other western country's have done... Different situation given the French were not closing the entire border and demanding that no one enters. 

Then again, I mean the difference is glaringly obvious and right in people's faces. No wonder they missed it.

Boston    645

I like the idea but as others have said it kind-of clashes with the lore/doesn't make too much sense.

Maybe develop an in-depth backstory with a better reasoning for entering the country?