Server time: 2017-10-22, 21:16
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
megah3rtz

What does everyone use for recording software?

megah3rtz    0

I've been reading the reports, I think its a good idea to get a look at why people get banned and where I shouldnt go wrong. I've noticed a large portion of people don't record video.

So you know where this is going. I want to record video for dayz incase something happens where I might need to present video evidence. 

I've been trying to get shadowplay to work, but I've been having issues with that so I wanted to know what everyone else uses, and why? 

(I don't know weather this should go in questions or not but I feel like it would develop more into a discussion.)

Wolfe    0

I use Shadowplay currently because I'm lazy and it also doesn't use up much resources while I'm gaming but since you're saying you're having an issue getting it working I would check out OBS (Open Broadcasting Software). I know a lot of streamers use it and it's pretty good for being a free program. There's plenty of YouTube videos on how to get it set up for good quality recording.

Deegan    162

Shadowplay is what I use gives good quality.

Eagle    409

Shadow play is the best.

Oliv    1887

I enjoy me some shadowplay.

What issues are you having?

megah3rtz    0

I enjoy me some shadowplay.

What issues are you having?

I'm using manual recording (alt + f9) it shows me the recording starts but when I end it theres nothing in the folder. I'm not sure if its even ending the recording

I do have manual recording and shadow recording on, I dont know if either work.

Boston    784

Shadowplay :)

-Boston

Jade    219

XSplit is decent :P kills frames sometimes

Autumn    127

Shadow Play.

Issues    0

I use OBS. It's great if you ever decide to stream because it's already set up.

Nolan    0

I've not tried out a huge range of options, but of the three I have used Shadowplay was the best by far.

FRAPS has massive file sizes and affects FPS quite badly, Bandicam shares the latter trait also. Shadowplay seems to have comparatively smaller file sizes, barely affects FPS (though may cause stuttering in DayZ occasionally, in my experience) and is very easy to use.

Also Shadowplay has the added benefit of being free, though if you're having issues I'd advise you to make a troubleshooting thread - apologies if you've done so already.

Terra    1449

Shadowplay - works really nice for me.

I like Dxtory but you have to buy it, OBS and Shadowplay is pretty good. However I dislike how sometimes Shadowplay fucks up, could just be my inexperience with it though.

Shark    0

ShadowPlay, for the simple fact of recording the last 10 minutes so if I forget to start recording, I can always do it after the fact. OBS is nice, especially (as previously stated) if you're streaming to Twitch or something of the like, but I don't stream anymore, so I've switched over to using ShadowPlay since then.

Dicey    5

I use Shadowplay as well. Small file sizes, doesn't hit my FPS at all, good quality, 60FPS video.

All due to it using that awesome built in H.264 encoder chip as opposed to the CPU, which is one of the reasons Fraps is a resource hog.

I know OBS can be set up to use this chip, too. Last I tried it was a bit unstable though.

DickSlide    250

I use OBS just like many other people why? I never get a FPS drop unless I record to the same SSD as my game is running off of. So best bet if you use OBS make sure you have a separate HDD/SSD so you don't loose frames while running through towns.

Cow    0

Pretty much what DarkSide wrote, using a separate HDD to record too makes life easier when gaming.

OBS fan here.

Skeetsi    0

Thankfully I got an nvidia card which is why, Shadowplay. Great quality and the shadow function is very useful.

I also use search option to look through the forums to see if there's already a topic about this matter.

Guest TCGBuNiTy   
Guest TCGBuNiTy

I currently don't record, I'm waiting for my upgrade parts to come in the mail and be shipped, but when I use to record I used OBS.

Franko    31

Shadowplay.

Takes little FPS, Great Quality, Great speed.

Hagger    117

Some kinda AMD gaming evolved software (or is it called Raptr?), its pretty light on the background and that is enough for me.

Spartan    1240

OBS.

Alot of tutorials can be found,

Its easy,

Its free,

It doesnt lower your fps that much,