Finn

My life and travels -- Intro + First Chapter

Finn    76

My life and Travels

A collection of memories

Alek Josef Tokariwski

56eaeef1009ec.png

Intro

Chernarus, this was my home before the infection, before those "things". Sometimes I enjoy this Chernarus more, no more greedy politicians, no more war between countries, and no more noise. It is practically quiet now, aside from the distant gunshots every now and then, you don't even need to sit down and close your eyes to pretend that nothing happened to Chernarus. Those things aren't even the real danger anymore, now that the numbers of those "Things" have died down, you often fear bandits, cannibals and Psychos alike more than the infected.

My name is Alek, what I know of my life is very plain and vague. I was born in Chernarus on October 3rd, 1997. I was born Alexei Josef Tokariwski, but I preferred to be called Alek. I grew up on a farm a few kilometers outside of Chernarus, I spent my days working at home with very little difference in what I did every day, my parents did not have enough money to support me to go to school, so instead I learned how to do many things on our farm and I usually spent my childhood cooking with my mother and some tending to the animals we had on our farm. When I got older I my father taught me how to Hunt, Farm and tend to the larger animals. In my spare time I would hunt even more and even do some bush camping if I had some days off. My mother had taught me how to speak English and Russian since a young age, as she thought it would be important if I was to run the farm when I was older.

My brother Dima and I were very close as kids, although he didn't tend to like hunting and chores on the farm we still spent a lot of time together. But as he began to go through his teen years Dima started hanging with the wrong people. He would usually go to Chernarus to hang with the "Gang" he always stuck around with. When I was 13, he was sent to prison for arson and burglary. I have not seen him since, and I hope with all my heart that he is okay.

Chapter One : Chernogorsk in flames

It was a normal day like any other, quiet and peaceful. I fed the animals as I watched the sunrise shine over top the buildings in the distant Chernogorsk, it was a peaceful moment I could enjoy every morning. Once I was done my chores I packed up my hunting backpack to go on a sort of hike/hunting walk of sorts, to get my family some meat and furs to sell for the week following, and the hunt went well. I came back home with about 30 Lbs of deer meat, along with a nice pelt. On my way home I heard what sounded like a riot coming from Chernogorsk, so then I stayed home believing it was only a riot, trying not to get involved. That was until I heard gunshots, realizing my family was still in Chernarus, I ran down to Chernarus as fast as I could.

It was horrific, people beating people to death, biting them. To my horror, I found my family in front the market, lifeless, pale, laying on the curb. I was only able to distinguish their bodies because of the clothes they were wearing when they left. I was never the same boy since, I just hope my brother is still alive, he is the only family I got left. I ran towards my family's farm, picking up all the hunting kit I had packed, along with my rifle and the meat I had. I took what I could get thinking that shortly these infected things would soon spread across the countryside to our farm. I ran into the forest, setting up camp along the bottom a small cliff. I used a small recess of the rock surface and a fireplace of sorts, and used it for most of my heat, cooking and boiling utilities.

I stayed at that camp for around 7-8 months, by that time I was ready to hike inland, after recovering from what I saw in chernogorsk. I was prepared to meet people, I hope these were nice people, I was fully aware of what this outbreak could do to people and the people that could take advantage of this disaster to pillage, murder, rape and steal. I planned on going north towards the North East airfield, I've never really been this far from home since my family took our trip to Novigrad to watch an Opera performance when I was around 5 years old. Once I had arrived at the airfield I expected some sort of military dispatch to be there, but to my surprise I found it completely abandoned. The airfield was scattered with what remained of military vehicles, civilian vehicles and the runway was empty.

I went west using the Northern Highway to get to Severograd, meeting the first people I've seen in months. I was embarassed, I did not realize how disgusting I looked, scruffy faced, grungy and covered in the Remanences of what was animal blood and guts. I didn't know what to say, so I spoke Hello in Czech. I realized they were English once they uttered the words, "Who are you?", and since I did not do much speaking in any language since the initial outbreak, I uttered "My name Alek". They helped me clean my self up, giving me some cleaner pants and a nice rain jacket. I repaid them with some meat I had gathered while hunting, but they didn't accept.

That's when I went on my way heading south west, to Green Mountain.

Very nice, simple, short and sweet. Love it

Finn    76

Very nice, simple, short and sweet. Love it

Thanks man :)