Server time: 2017-10-22, 06:35
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Marcunt

Standalone mods?

Marcunt    240

I'm not sure when the devs will allow the community to start modding Standalone, but I'm a bit worried that when they do, servers will start to become clusterfests. Personally I think the mods like Epoch were so bad back in the day because of the lack of immersion it gave me. So I'm wondering, how much will you add to the DayZRP servers when mods do come out? Clothes, weapons and other items to improve the customization of your character is very welcome, but I just wish that it won't become another Epoch. (AKA pure shite)

Sorry for ranting. ;)

Also, what mods would you like to see in SA?

Wolfe    0

I think this will depend on what kind of mods are released at first and when its released (i.e. what is currently implemented into the version of the game at the time) so it's going to be hard to get a definite answer. I mean, sure everyone has their idea of what Standalone should have, (base building, etc) so I'd say if, when mods are brought in, if that's not in Standalone; then that would be a good start.

Rory    1588

They did say it was going to be added and to be quite honest, once modding comes in the game will be complete.

Marcunt    240

They did say it was going to be added and to be quite honest, once modding comes in the game will be complete.

Which means in 50 years, judging by the development so far! Nah, but I agree. It will be more than complete and the player base is sure to grow even bigger than it's ever been.

Rory    1588

Which means in 50 years, judging by the development so far! Nah, but I agree. It will be more than complete and the player base is sure to grow even bigger than it's ever been.

To be honest they seem to be struggling with getting the game finished. If they would just concentrate on getting modding in, other people would literally help the devs getting the game finished by adding all these mods and what not. At least that's my take on it. So why don't they focus modding?

Roach    1654

To be honest they seem to be struggling with getting the game finished. If they would just concentrate on getting modding in, other people would literally help the devs getting the game finished by adding all these mods and what not. At least that's my take on it. So why don't they focus modding?

My theory is that DEVs are waiting for the game to die down. Like lack of sales, lack of playerbase after a while, waiting for hype to die down basically and then they will release mods which will get more people buying the game again and once again play it. Marketing 101 :P But as long as they keep making money fluently and always keep a strong overall playerbase, I'm sure they will hold back on mods.

Rolle    2963

First mods will most likely be focused on administration and security, admin tools, zombie spawning scripts, custom logs etc. Only after some time we will start seeing quality mods which add actual content to the game. I doubt it will be possible to straight out port ArmA3 content to DayZ, so it may take a while. We will be focusing on the same stuff as in the DayZRP Mod I guess - clothing, vehicles, weapons, structures, new map POI.

Marcunt    240

First mods will most likely be focused on administration and security, admin tools, zombie spawning scripts, custom logs etc. Only after some time we will start seeing quality mods which add actual content to the game. I doubt it will be possible to straight out port ArmA3 content to DayZ, so it may take a while. We will be focusing on the same stuff as in the DayZRP Mod I guess - clothing, vehicles, weapons, structures, new map POI.

Sounds good. But we'll have to wait and see, I suppose. :)

Zero    463

Like Rolle stated, it will be almost impossible to just straight port things from ARMA 3, the DayZ Devs tried doing that with some items in order to test them and ended up removing it shortly after because of a lot of issues. I am talking about that awesome Kevlar tactical vest by the way.

Marcunt    240

Like Rolle stated, it will be almost impossible to just straight port things from ARMA 3, the DayZ Devs tried doing that with some items in order to test them and ended up removing it shortly after because of a lot of issues. I am talking about that awesome Kevlar tactical vest by the way.

But we are not going to be limited to importing from other games (like arma 3) right? I would think modders will be quite quick when it comes to making new content such as clothing.

Edit: Nevermind, I misunderstood Rolle a bit. Sorry.

zombie spawning scripts

Oh Christ.

Zero    463

But we are not going to be limited to importing from other games (like arma 3) right? I would think modders will be quite quick when it comes to making new content such as clothing.

Well, even though you edited this, I will go ahead and put in something. When ARMA 3 modding first came out, it took almost a year for any really GOOD mods to be created, and it took THREE YEARS for someone to actually recreate the DayZ mod to every detail, so, who knows.. It may take quite some time for any good mods to come to SA when modding tools are actually released. Unlike Bethesda games such as Fallout and Elder Scrolls, the amount of actual VERY talented modders in Bohemia games is a small number of people. If you go to ARMAHolic, you will notice a lot of the note-worthy mods are created by the same people.

Marcunt    240

Well, even though you edited this, I will go ahead and put in something. When ARMA 3 modding first came out, it took almost a year for any really GOOD mods to be created, and it took THREE YEARS for someone to actually recreate the DayZ mod to every detail, so, who knows.. It may take quite some time for any good mods to come to SA when modding tools are actually released. Unlike Bethesda games such as Fallout and Elder Scrolls, the amount of actual VERY talented modders in Bohemia games is a small number of people. If you go to ARMAHolic, you will notice a lot of the note-worthy mods are created by the same people.

Thankyou for the information, I sadly don't own Arma III myself so I don't have much knowledge about these things, which is why I originally decided to create this post.

Hagger    117

I want some new emotes! Especially ones that would require 2 people to pull off.

e.g. Shake hands, hug, hold hands, high five

zoyo    70

I want some new emotes! Especially ones that would require 2 people to pull off.

YEEESSS +1

Marcunt    240

+50

Hagger    117

YEEESSS +1

When you  start the emote, your character would take a stance which he/she would stay until you cancel the emote or someone comes close enough and does the same emote, only then the emote would play all the way.

I can only imagine people trying high five and just left hanging... only then my life is complete

11-penn-state-player-left-hanging-high-five-left-hanging-gifs.gif

Marcunt    240

YEEESSS +1

When you  start the emote, your character would take a stance which he/she would stay until you cancel the emote or someone comes close enough and does the same emote, only then the emote would play all the way.

I can only imagine people trying high five and just left hanging... only then my life is complete

11-penn-state-player-left-hanging-high-five-left-hanging-gifs.gif

I'd rather not bring my life into the game :D

Xero3451    0

I can't remember where I heard it so no sauce, but I think when modding tools are implemented it'll be very basic at first such as zombie spawns, clothing/weapons/general item spawning things like that.

Stradic    286

We had a nice selection of mods back in DayZRP mod which didn't break the immersion so I doubt we will have a problem when mod support does come for SA. I personally hope we get the old mod back when official groups could display the group logo on their arm/vehicles.

Hamakaze    13

I've been working on models for small civilian coastal boats and if they go well i may consider adding them in if the tools and the engine allow when modding is available.