Server time: 2017-08-23, 02:33

Sign in to follow this  
Hagger

Forum Currency

Hagger    117

So I had a dream last night... and when I woke up I thought that this wasn't so dumb dream after all.

In my dream we had a sort of "forum currency". The way you gained that currency was mainly by donating real money, but you were also able to gain some by winning community prizes, winning in events and getting tipped by other community members. It was similar like giving beans, but you had to earn some money first to be able to tip others.

So, what you do with this "forum money" (we can call them "Rollars" or something... get it?). Of course, you look like a badass when you have more virtual money than others. Main usage was buying premium perks that you normally gain by donating, but now you can customize your profile by choosing the perks you need. For example: If you just want bigger avatar and be able to add song to your profile, you could just buy those features. Or if you want only to change the color of your posts, then just buy that upgrade.

I'm sure there could be others uses for these "Rollars", but I woke up before I could find out.

I have strong feeling that this will never happen, but still I wanted to share creations of my weird brain.

Please, Rolle if you do this give me 1 000 000 Rollars

EDIT: Waa, don't take this too seriously. It is all based in a dream I saw!

Please no

I've said it many, many times before; this forums is nice to use because it's simple and look nice on the eye. If they become a shit fest to my eyes then I will hate the forums.

Frozen    45

Aha... Please no.

I really don't think we need this.. at all.

((Not trying to be rude to you just I don't agree))

Hagger    117

Please no

I've said it many, many times before; this forums is nice to use because it's simple and look nice on the eye. If they become a shit fest to my eyes then I will hate the forums.

Boo, you already have all the features because you are already Hall of Famer. Think about us the poor folk with white names.

(secretly I only want bigger avatar and don't want to pay 40€ for it.)

Terra    1373

(secretly I only want bigger avatar and don't want to pay 40€ for it.)

I understand

7b99e1863e.png

dba5c806dd.jpg

d17e6ec2e3.jpg

b46a9248db.jpg

I am not totally against a system for the community, I just dont know what would be good.

Meh, imo the system seems alright as is right now.

However, this sounds similar to what Rolle was discussing here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Rewards-for-playing-games?pid=1346538#pid1346538

Yeah, I think if anything "currency"-wise is to be introduced to the forum besides the current donation system then I'd have to say I like Rolle's idea better. The current donation system seems to be working fine and there is no need to make the forums have a "pay-to-win" feel.

Hagger    117

Meh, imo the system seems alright as is right now.

However, this sounds similar to what Rolle was discussing here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Rewards-for-playing-games?pid=1346538#pid1346538

Yeah, I think if anything "currency"-wise is to be introduced to the forum besides the current donation system then I'd have to say I like Rolle's idea better. The current donation system seems to be working fine and there is no need to make the forums have a "pay-to-win" feel.

Great minds think alike.

I too detest pay to win mechanics. All I want to be able to mix and match the premium perks. I'm not trying to implement "pay 100 virtualmoni to get flashing pink border to your posts" -stuff.

Rolle    2462

Yes please, I fully agree with this idea. :D Cmon guys, help me out.

I'm so poor and in debt, I can't even pay you a compliment or put my two cents in a conversation... :(

Badum... tssss

Nah.

I don't like this idea.

Weird that you dreamt about the forums... >.>

marksman48    34

Man, fuuuuck that. I can barely stand P2W mechanics in my games, much less my damn forums. Please god no.

Negative Nancies. Sure why not +1.

Could motivate people to put more work into lore work, guides, groups etc. But Im afraid the forums will be filled up with unfinished stuff or products to trick the system. On the other hand I think it would be fun with more titles and rewards. If you want people to do something, motivate them to do it. I like the whole "of the year" titles people get. Would it be too messy giving monthly titles that you then remove again when that month is over?

Lets say someone is really active and gives good rp in january, they could get the title "rp of the month" troughout february.

(writing on phone)

We already have one,

It's called Beanz.

Give me beanz.

*looks at signature*

*looks at Staggs*

*looks at signature again*

*looks at Staggs again*

Hagger    117

Yes please, I fully agree with this idea. :D Cmon guys, help me out.

I'm so poor and in debt, I can't even pay you a compliment or put my two cents in a conversation... :(

Badum... tssss

This could possibly encourage people to donate more money... wink wink

I would definitely pay 5€ to get some points to buy that bigger avatar upgrade vs. pay 40€ to get bigger avatar and bunch of other features that I don't even want.

We already have one,

It's called Beanz.

Give me beanz.

But it would be more useful than Beanz.

I guess this idea came from Dota 2. Let me explain:

In Dota you can commend other players if you feel they played well. These commends are like beanz. You can view the commends other people have gained in their profile aaand.... that's pretty much it. They don't really serve any other purpose than just make you look like a pro.

But now when they released a new battle pass they implemented new system that allows you to tip battle points to other people. The way battle pass works: you gain points by completing challenges and wagering your points on matches. As you gain enough points you level up your pass, what rewards you with treasures and cosmetics. Now that you have the ability to tip other players, they gain a small benefit that actually matters.

TL;DR: Beans are cool but don't serve actual purpose, Money is cool and you can actually use it

So if this was added and people could get away with donating less to get perks, would the people who already coughed up the 100+ euros get an extra boost in "currency?"

Hagger    117

So if this was added and people could get away with donating less to get perks, would the people who already coughed up the 100+ euros get an extra boost in "currency?"

I guess they would get xx€ (amount donated) worth of forum money and the current perks removed. But the money gained they would have more than enough to buy all the perks they used to have.

I don't know... IT WAS JUST A DREAM. JUST A DREAM BRO

I guess they would get xx€ (amount donated) worth of forum money and the current perks removed. But the money gained they would have more than enough to buy all the perks they used to have.

Hmm aight. To me it just seems like a cheap way to get perks without paying the full price.

zoyo    66

It's an interesting idea, but it could be better of you could do more than just customize your profile with it. If that's all they were used for they currency would be completely worthless to those who have already donated for the perks.

Hagger    117

Hmm aight. To me it just seems like a cheap way to get perks without paying the full price.

The idea was to get the perks you really want for less money.

But true, this could be Rolle shooting himself into his own knee if he implemented this. It could promote people to donate more money, or it could lead people donating less money. We need some business people here to theorize the outcome.

Hagger    117

- oops, double post -

The idea was to get the perks you really want for less money.

But true, this could be Rolle shooting himself into his own knee if he implemented this. It could promote people to donate more money, or it could lead people donating less money. We need some business people here to theorize the outcome.

Eh, I really can't see this being implemented to be honest because at this point the donations would be useless and you mind as well open a "perks shop" of a price list for the different perks from the way your describing it.