Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:19

Sign in to follow this  
waterstealer

Connection lost -> contact staff?

Question

Hey, I was reading a report and the verdict section, and I have a question. 

It's stated that if you're having a connection issues you should contact staff on TS or whatever. How can this be done if you're having connection issue? Or you should let the staff know ASAP and that's it? What if a report is already there?

Just in case. 

Thanks in advance.

8 answers to this question

Ron    746

Hey, I was reading a report (http://www.dayzrp.com/t-S1-Combat-log-Avoiding-RP-08-03-2016?pid=1374605#pid1374605) and the verdict section, and I have a question. 

It's stated that if you're having a connection issues you should contact staff on TS or whatever. How can this be done if you're having connection issue? Or you should let the staff know ASAP and that's it? What if a report is already there?

Just in case. 

Thanks in advance.

If you are getting kicked in during an on going rp situation you have to try and get back in. If the connection issue remains you should hop on TS and join the waiting for staff help channel. A staff member might be able to help you out, figuring the reason why you are getting kicked and solve the problem. Of course if you also have connection issues logging in to TS because - for example -  your internet connection broke down, then this should happen as soon as you are able to get back online.

Regarding a report: you will have to state your detailed pov.

Terra    1367

Well, if you loose connection we can clearly see this in the logs and they will look different to the normal disconnect logs.

That means, even a report is already up against you, the logs will show that you did not disconnect on your own. You state your POV in the Report and the logs will be shown on the Report.

As soon as your internet is back you should come to TS and tell us about this - we then can help you to find the people you have been RP´ing with to the time and let them know about what happened.

ChilliFromPrussia    65

Well, if you loose connection we can clearly see this in the logs and they will look different to the normal disconnect logs.

but sometimes there are no hit logs and maybe the same for disconnect logs?

Terra    1367

but sometimes there are no hit logs and maybe the same for disconnect logs?

Never had that before thinking about it. It always shows in the logs connection and disconnection logs.

I would assume that Hit/kill-logs work differently then connection logs as you get checked by battleye when you join the game, if that makes sense.

megah3rtz    0

How so? like would it be different if you were being ddosed opposed to say, I used to have an old router that would short circuit and kill the power and the internet along with it immediately.

Terra    1367

How so? like would it be different if you were being ddosed opposed to say, I used to have an old router that would short circuit and kill the power and the internet along with it immediately.

Example:

Log 1: 11:10:42 : Player "Rene Stutter" has been disconnected - I disconnet on my own.

Log 2: 11:11:11 : Player #18 Rene Stutter () has been kicked by BattlEye: Client not responding - I was kicked

There is also a red message Ingame where it would say "Rene Stutter is loosing connection".

I mean, this is nothing new ;)