Server time: 2017-08-20, 23:10

Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Is voice modulation software okay to use IG?

Question

Zero    279

Seeing as it isn't stated in the rules, I was curious if voice modulation software is okay to use IC/IG? I have been working on a new character and seeing as my voice isn't as deep as I imagine this character's voice, I was wondering if it would be okay to use a program in order to make my voice sound just a tad more deeper than what I can achieve without sounding stupid. 

I know it wouldn't be acceptable to change your voice so deep to where it sounds like some stupid demon you hear in a trolly video, or high pitched like a the cartoon chipmunks. 

10 answers to this question

Yeah, if it's not trolly then it will be okay. No super high pitched voice, no robot or demon voice. Nothing that takes you out of the realism. Make sure it's not easy to tell you're using a voice changer because it can break immersion. I've seen some very well done ones that people have made to achieve an effect like they're talking from inside a gas mask.

Glad you got your answer!

/solved

Phoenix    1056

I remember RPing with a Character before who was using a voice changer and it was a big bundle of fun!

As said above, though, you will have to be careful with how you use it and make sure you use it correctly otherwise it could be called out as trolling. There is a fine line between trolling & doing it right. My advice would be to put a lot of time and effort into researching how you want your character to be and how you want the voice to be without crossing this line. If you can pull it off right, that would lead to some really awesome roleplay!

Terra    1372

I know a lot of people using it. Howver, just make sure that you are actually understandable ingame. Let a friend check it. I heard that it often caused that people could not understand and that the cvoice it was really laggy, though I am not sure if the laggy voice was because of the Server or the voice-chancer.

Rolle    2453

I know a lot of people using it. Howver, just make sure that you are actually understandable ingame. Let a friend check it. I heard it often caused that people could not understand and it was really laggy, though I am not sure if the laggy voice was because of the Server or the voice-chancer.

It's always the server.

Terra    1372

I know a lot of people using it. Howver, just make sure that you are actually understandable ingame. Let a friend check it. I heard it often caused that people could not understand and it was really laggy, though I am not sure if the laggy voice was because of the Server or the voice-chancer.

It's always the server.

Nah, that is not true.

Rolle    2453

It's always the server.

Nah, that is not true.

Don't argue with the law.

Terra    1372

It's always the server.

Nah, that is not true.

Don't argue with the law.

Dont spam! Instead fix the whitelist please. Thanking you!

Seriously, the voicechanger, depends on what program you use, can cause that you are not understandable ingame. Just check with someone ingame, then this should be no problem.

ChilliFromPrussia    65

If u use morphvox u have to reload it after a few hours because it starts lagging