Server time: 2017-10-22, 11:54
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Whip

Space RP

Should we head to the final frontier?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should we head to the final frontier?

• To infinity in beyond!
    • No I'm scared of science!

Whip    0

We should get a space engineers server for Roleplay reasons

5be7da09fc4eef1ade2a50fee9262007e04cd78bfa0b04fa363cae32e7c9ed3a.jpg

Just saying the mod ability of the game now  and multiple planets and asteriods could lead to some awesome RP

DickSlide    250

You know what Whip you are right. This game is amazing and all and we fucking need this shit!! Just imagine the opportunity we can do with this is Rolle approves this!

Bruce    0

If there's enough people into it, sure it could cool. But we can't let it become another LiF.

Whip    0

-snip-

"To infinity in beyond."  Absolutely.

Copyright reasons.  i cant compete with Disney's lawyers

CorbSlayer    44

Considering what happened with other non-dayz games, (nobody played them), i don't think this is a good idea.

Kaleb    14

Would be up for this! +1, we just have to make sure the people who are interested in this will continue to support it if it happens.

Whip    0

Considering what happened with other non-dayz games, (nobody played them), i don't think this is a good idea.

People did play most  them but they lost fanbase due to DDOS and instable servers.  Stay on earth if you don't want to play!  I will be a space pirate captain!

DocofPinewood    34

The only Reason I don't play space engineers cause I have no one to play with. +1

OGpatch37    29

-snip-

<3 This is what Ive been waiting for.. Please let this be a thing. Ill swear ill be your cabin boy if this works

Prince    119

I made the wrong choice....

Guest Gibbon   
Guest Gibbon

If I can RP as a clanger, then sure.

clangers.jpg

Ark    231

Have the game but never really got into it, could be because the lack of people though. Anyway i don't see this happening anytime soon sadly.

Too many side projects IMO,I would say let's focus on what we have currently.

Rolle    2968

Nah m9, I prefer dank PVP on Namalsk with base building, gear whoring and cheeky radio RP.

Eagle    409

Nah m9, I prefer dank PVP on Namalsk with base building, gear whoring and cheeky radio RP.

+1

SweetJoe    391

Idk...checked this game out recently, shows promise for an rp server.

Marcunt    240

Definite yes but it will just be another LiF since nobody will play on it. Except for maybe 2 people a day.

Bruce    0

Here's the thing, it's different. Just like LiF was when it first came out and people loved that. The only reason LiF died was the constant DDoS attacks which killed the interest. Space Engineers is relatively cheap, great for groups, and massive in its possibilities. Plus the learning curve isn't as steep as LiF. Right now, I feel people just want a break from the apocalyspe since Namalsk had like 3 people max today and DayZ is in the weird, pre-update dead phase. I have no idea how easy it would be to host a SE server or the cost, but if it's doable. Why not? Just imagine being able to discover the coordinates of other groups' bases and jumping in between them. Also, building huge ships to explore the planets, adrift vessels, and fight the ai. This game has potential for great RP.

Rory    1589

I don't know. It wouldn't become as popular I don' think.

Issues    0

Is it text RP only because sound doesn't travel in space?

Well, in real life they talk to each other through the radios in their suits.

It's a cool game, however I see one major issue with it for RPing. Currently the game runs poorly on multiplayer. If you have 5+ people on a server, all trying to build things, or even just having a decent sized base, the simulation speed starts to drop off pretty harshly. When sim speed starts to drop off, the physics in the game start to become wonky as well.

It's my understanding that over the next few months the DEVs intend to release some updates and fixes with the goal of helping simulation speed though.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.