Server time: 2017-10-19, 23:39
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Lolin11

My new, probably controversial character, and how I should RP with him?

Lolin11    0

Ok, this has probably been attempted before, although despite searching through the forums I couldn't find anything, but I thought long and hard about a fun character to play and came up with a Hitman. Now, I know because of the many KOS rules this would be difficult, but hear me out, as surely if the target knew he/she was being hunted, then there wouldn't be as bad? right? I personally am not 100% sure how I want to go about this, as, despite the perfect RP it would be for me just shooting someone in the back of the head, 'taking their head/hand/something' for my contractor and then wandering off into the sunset, the poor guy on the other end would have an awful time just getting shot for no apparent reason. 

One way I thought of countering this was that I thought I could announce it. Maybe in my own little thread I make, definitely over radio, but however I do it, I would make it known exactly who I am hunting, for what reason, and maybe if it was over radio ask for people to come forth with information about the prey. This makes sense with my character's lore; He's a gentleman of sorts, and would want to give his hit a fighting chance, so that they could have honour in their death. 

Now for the many critics (me included, but I really want this to work) then DON'T WORRY, this RP wont start until the community give me a great big look-up-and-down and then thumbs up, I was just asking for suggestions, what you guys would want if you were on the receiving end of this, I dunno, you guys are bloody creative, you can come up with something. All i want is for my character to work really well, and for you guys to enjoy it as well :D

Marcunt    239

I would be terrified having your character in the world of Chernarus. I suppose it could work if you keep it fair for your hit and maybe PM the guy OOC as well so there won't be any misunderstandings. Good luck with this, it's a neat idea.

Chinchilla    77

As long as there's an IG initiation with a clear demand and consequence, and you get ooc permission before executing someone who is compliant... then you're good to go.

What you describe in the OP are rulebreaks.

Now if you want to hunt people, give initiations and take hostages and make radio threads about the people you're after, then that's great.

Shooting someone in the back of the head that you haven't given the chance to comply after an initiation is a KoS.

Rory    1563

You could be a hitman that gets hired by people. Would also be great hostile RP. Just don't initiate and then kill someone and give no RP because that could get you in trouble. You have to have a valid reason to kill someone, like past experience with said person etc. I don't think killing someone just because someone else told you to is a valid reason.

Clumsy    226

When it comes to executing people you need to have a long hostile history with the individual. Being a Hitman and maybe hired by someone to go and kill someone for them does not grant you any type of execution rights. You would need to initiate, roleplay with them and then ask OOCly if you have permission to kill them. Some people will be okay with it some may not as they wouldn't want their character meeting an end to someone they don't know. This would also bring up the problem of them just coming back without perma-deathing the character. So if you were to go and tell people you killed so and so with them still running around on that character might make things a bit confusing.

You can however hunt the people down, find them, initiate, rough them up a bit and take them to the person who hired you. If they have a long standing history with the individual they can choose what to do with them (with OOC permission of course). I personally think that would be a really cool idea for a character. Kind of like a bounty hunter of the sorts.

RedSky    123

Seeing as noone covered this yet.

cutting of someones head and claiming its your target without having the OOC permission from who the head is from is powergaming a permakill wich is indeed also a rulebreak.

Hit me up in TS and Ill try and help to see how you can do something similiar without stating multiple rulebreaks ;P

If not Goodluck with the idea. ;P intrested in seeing how itll work out

Lolin11    0

I like the idea clumsy, and sorry for all the rulebreaky stuff in the original post, like I said, I want you guys really to come up with the way this character is played, as if it ends up being awful then it's you guys that get the shitty RP :(.

Just a side note, please don't hang me for this, but if I was initiating, despite the lack of previous interaction, surely if I state I am representing so-and-so, then all previous history of violence would then have me as a medium. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. I know for one that if I had stolen someone's stuff in a previous engagement, then some guy with a gun comes up saying he was representing said someone, I would be at least wary, think about the past robbery, and maybe even get my own gun out over such a statement. I am not suggesting this is a good idea, just food for thought.

Also red I might take you up on that idea later, busy now but if you want to help that would be amazing :D

zoyo    70

There have been many groups/characters where people were PMCs. Its the same basic concept. You're paid to go after someone. As long as your providing good RP and you're not breaking any rules I see no problem here.