Server time: 2017-08-20, 11:53

Sign in to follow this  
MagicMike

Character suggestion guide

MagicMike    69

SO

me personally have been frequently switching between characters, however never really finding a satisfying character to play as

So because i think the insight of many is always the greatest. 

I think ( and if its done already srry fam ) that it would be wise to make some sort of collective guide here on the forums so whenever people feel bored they can just look here and get some ideas. Now i know that these are ideas you can easily think up on your own, however with the help of some dank writers we can really create a cool selection of wide ranging unique characters.

So i think maybe how it can work is 

Person 1 posts a lore idea, they can title their response to this thread as "Character Concept: INSERT SHORT DESC HERE"

Person 2 on their own time can further analyze this idea and make it there own, they would have to change it up so we dont see the same guys running around.

Basically a database of character ideas, simply because mi finding that i font make unique enough characters.

Im planning on making a thread later today about RP and how to better yourself (for the rp's sake) with use of specific texts ive studied in my training as an actor. Also, if you're making any character concept on banditry please link a bandit rp guide.

Hopefully this can spice up the people we see running around, thx kids.

what the heck move dis to guides why am i so dumb

DatBlueWolf    39

An idea I had in my mind awhile back based on slightly fictitious personal experience, the concept has been dubbed "The Pigeon Man"

Background: 

Behavior Researcher studying optimal and suboptimal behavior. His chief test subjects being pigeons. 

Sadly, the apocalypse prevented him from completing his big ole dissertation that was ever so close to completion.

Ever since that day he's been roaming the countryside attempting to collect enough data to finish what he started.

However, birds are hard as heck to catch nowadays. Therefore the next best thing was made available, HUMANS!

Character Quirks:

Obsession with your research. Practically all you talk about.

Intense hatred of pigeons/birds.

If you see someone you try and "test their preference" (See below).

Testing their preference!

For this process you will need a few things:

1.) Multiple colors of glowsticks

2.) Lots of sticks.

3.) A friend with a good right-hook.

4.) A coin to flip OOC.

The Process!

1.) Place subject in experimental chamber (A shed of some sort)

2.) Place your confederate in the chamber with them.

3.) Ask the participant to pick a side, Left or Right.

4.) Based on which side the participant chooses show a specific color glowstick* from outside the chamber. *(Outlined below)

5.) Based on the glowstick's color give the appropriate consequence.

The Glow-sticks and The Sides

Left Side (Signaled Suboptimal Choice) 

Red: Occurs 50% of the time. Participant receives a punch and zero tokens. 

Green: Occurs the other 50% of the time. Participant is rewarded with three tokens (Sticks)

Right Side (Un-signaled Optimal Choice)

[align=left]Blue: Occurs 50% of the time. Participant is given one token.

[align=left]White: Occurs 50% of the time. Participant is given one token.

[align=left]What it all means! / What to tell them at the end of the experiment & What do the tokens do?

[align=left]Basically, it's assessing if individuals prefer to gamble or take the safe route and how fast they learn the distinction. The data you record how many times the participant chose a certain side.

[align=left]If they choose the left side a lot. They like to gamble.

[align=left]If they choose the right side a lot. They like playing it safe.

[align=left]The tokens act as a conditioned reinforcer as food giving is a bit tricky to do and have it affect the IRL person. So, we use tokens as a somewhat realisitic reward system. They can exchange these tokens at the end for certain prizes such as food, ammo, or anything really.

[align=left]Enjoy experimenting!

An idea I had in my mind awhile back based on slightly fictitious personal experience, the concept has been dubbed "The Pigeon Man"

Background: 

Behavior Researcher studying optimal and suboptimal behavior. His chief test subjects being pigeons. 

Sadly, the apocalypse prevented him from completing his big ole dissertation that was ever so close to completion.

Ever since that day he's been roaming the countryside attempting to collect enough data to finish what he started.

However, birds are hard as heck to catch nowadays. Therefore the next best thing was made available, HUMANS!

Character Quirks:

Obsession with your research. Practically all you talk about.

Intense hatred of pigeons/birds.

If you see someone you try and "test their preference" (See below).

Testing their preference!

For this process you will need a few things:

1.) Multiple colors of glowsticks

2.) Lots of sticks.

3.) A friend with a good right-hook.

4.) A coin to flip OOC.

The Process!

1.) Place subject in experimental chamber (A shed of some sort)

2.) Place your confederate in the chamber with them.

3.) Ask the participant to pick a side, Left or Right.

4.) Based on which side the participant chooses show a specific color glowstick* from outside the chamber. *(Outlined below)

5.) Based on the glowstick's color give the appropriate consequence.

The Glow-sticks and The Sides

Left Side (Signaled Suboptimal Choice) 

Red: Occurs 50% of the time. Participant receives a punch and zero tokens. 

Green: Occurs the other 50% of the time. Participant is rewarded with three tokens (Sticks)

Right Side (Un-signaled Optimal Choice)

[align=left]Blue: Occurs 50% of the time. Participant is given one token.

[align=left]White: Occurs 50% of the time. Participant is given one token.

[align=left]What it all means! / What to tell them at the end of the experiment & What do the tokens do?

[align=left]Basically, it's assessing if individuals prefer to gamble or take the safe route and how fast they learn the distinction. The data you record how many times the participant chose a certain side.

[align=left]If they choose the left side a lot. They like to gamble.

[align=left]If they choose the right side a lot. They like playing it safe.

[align=left]The tokens act as a conditioned reinforcer as food giving is a bit tricky to do and have it affect the IRL person. So, we use tokens as a somewhat realisitic reward system. They can exchange these tokens at the end for certain prizes such as food, ammo, or anything really.

[align=left]Enjoy experimenting!

That sounds like so much fun +1 the idea

zoyo    65

-snip-

That sounds like so much fun +1 the idea

I think so too, this looks really cool.