Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Faith

Groups: Looking for Survivors?

Do you think this is a Good Idea?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a Good Idea?

Faith    732

A template I created a day after, after all the positive feedback and because I had nothing to do: Groups: Looking for Survivors Template

So there is a thread known as this Survivors: Looking for Group but my main idea was Groups: Looking for Survivors, so groups give out information of what roles and characteristics they want from a person as I normally see people say: 

Name

Blah blah, blah blah blah then when it comes to 'backstory'  or character name sometimes they will say TBD when group invites me. Wouldn't it help if this thread if a person is looking to make a new character or meet the requirements of what a group is looking for more than having false hope to join a group? I think it would help those looking to make new characters but I don't know, maybe it is just a stupid idea...

Benefits: 

Help person make a character

Help person be in a group

Help group have a character they want

If this gets a lot of agreements I can write out the requirements and such for the OP...

DeeBlack    310

+1, sounds good.

Roman    0

Isn't this kinda a question when they have a chance to explain what they are looking for so groups that approach them know?

"What kind of In Game role best describes you":

Faith    732

Isn't this kinda a question when they have a chance to explain what they are looking for so groups that approach them know?

"What kind of In Game role best describes you":

Sometimes people don't give a description or one which seems serious enough. If a group for example says: "Looking for a religious person who is slightly insane, witty and does pagan weddings." It gives more of detail of what the group wants from a person. I see a lot of people say they will make a character based on the group they can join which can be difficult so if a group or person describes a person to be their IG brother, sister, mother or a new survivor which meets role requirements it can help people make a character without struggling and not feeling liek they aren't actually a part of the group they were invited to; I for one have had this experience multiple times.

Brodie    43

I gotta P-P-Plus juan this great idea to be honest.

Jm Von Cat    154

Sounds like an idea to me, wont hurt no one either and costs nothing to try.

With that being said, do it already damn it!

Faith    732

Sounds like an idea to me, wont hurt no one either and costs nothing to try.

With that being said, do it already damn it!

I want to know if the admins are going to write it up or if they want me to write it up :S

Roach    1649

+1 from me. Not sure why this was not created before :)

giphy.gif

Spartan    1234

groups already/can put that on their group page, why post it on another thread?

Lemons    269

It sound like a nice Idea :P

Faith    732

groups already/can put that on their group page, why post it on another thread?

Normally some people won't read a group page or its goals/ideas.

This also helps them make a new character if they're struggling :)

LockOn    3

In my opinion this is a good idea. Yeah, we already have group threads and all, but for people like me who are more interested in the group goals and such i tend to skip the whole lore/backstory of the group, so it does help having another thread to know what kind of people the groups are looking for. Another thing that this helps out a bit is when a person cannot get a feel of the groups backstory, isn't able to get what kind of people or RP'ers are the group. 1+

Faith    732

I had something a long the lines of having the post be like this, I took the Survivors: Looking for Groups but edited it for the Group: Looking for Survivors thread if it was to ever be made. As people have stated I don't see any harm in this being tested out and I'm positive it could help the community a little bit.

Benefits that people can gain from this:

- Creating a new character so applicants don't have to struggle which a character they can make

- Helping a group/individual with the role they want fulfilling

- Helps create future roleplay for both the applicant and issuer

- Helps new roleplayers develop roleplay skills

- Sets out an opportunity for a role player to roleplay something they haven't before

- Stops groups searching through thousands of peoples recruitment details and lets them search for themselves to help them.

Group/Individuals: Looking for Survivors

Are you a group or individual looking for new roleplayers or characters to join? Are you trying to find a specific role to help with your group? Are you trying to help make an individual help make a back story which can also fit in with your roleplay?  This can be the place where you can promote what characters or interests you want for yourself or your group!

This will help to quickly find players interested in a role/group/roleplay opportunity whether you're an individual looking for some sibling or married couple roleplay to a group looking for a specific role such as a driver, doctor, soldier etc. This thread will help to find the right group for the right people.

This will also allow new members to DayzRP to tag along with older members and help teach and guide them in the ways of DayzRP, helping them to create a character if they are struggling or have a generic character. Helping new members of the community and accepting them into the group will be able to help develop their roleplay skills in game with your experience.

The aim of this thread is to promote and advertise 'Individuals or Groups' that may be looking for a survivors to play with in Standalone RP.

Please keep this thread free from clutter and do not advertise your clan in this thread. Unnecessary posts that are detrimental will be removed so that groups can browse through here efficiently.

The idea behind this is to promote yourself  or your group and your play-style in the best way that will match you up with another survivors whom will work best with your style and other traits. 

Applicants are allowed to name the character.

---------------------------------------

Here is a template to use if you wish. Otherwise feel free to create your own or add in any other details that you deem are appropriate.

Code:

[b]Is this for a group or individual?[/b]:
[b]What is the role you are looking for and why?[/b]:
[b]How will this benefit yourself or your group?[/b]
[b]Country or time zone aimed at?[/b]:
[b]English skills?[/b]:
[b]DayZ Standalone Experience hours aimed for?[/b]:
[b]Roleplaying Experience aimed for or needed?[/b]:
[b]What kind of group or individual describes your area?[/b]:
[b]Additional notes i.e nationality?[/b]:
[b]Best way to contact you[/b]:
[b]Anecdote (short story of group for applicants to get an idea)[/b]:
[b]Is this placement OPEN (highlight in green) or CLOSED (highlight in red)[/b]

---------------------------------------

Tips for Groups and/or Individuals: 

Sell yourself; Why should they pick you? What makes you a good choice? What do you think you can bring to the table?

Be Mature. Be Honest. Don't spam the thread with unrelated things or things that wouldn't be taken seriously.

Make sure you describe a character in depth for any applicants that are interested are able to PM you with them being interested where in the future you can later discuss on Teamspeak about the character development.

Focus on your group. What your group wants. What your goals are. Is this character going to help meet your goals?

Tips for Survivors:

Do not send trolly or non interested applications. This wastes time and isn't going to accomplish or acheive anything for anyone for anyone.

If the requirement has already been filled up politely ask the person in a PM if there are going to be anymore opportunities.

zoyo    70

I love this idea! :)