Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:17
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Clothes or?

Question

Bruce    0

So, we are all familiar with the basic "naked" character models in DayZ and how they clearly have clothes on. Not much, but some. However, you often see people blatantly state ingame, when someone takes off their pants, shirt, etc., that the person is naked. This is mostly an issue with the female characters, but it happens from time to time with guys as well. I could find a few of the videos I mainly have in mind with this, but I assume everyone is familiar with them.

So the question is: Are we supposed to RP by default you have clothes or not? 

I seriously doubt anyone in the apocalypse would be running around commando and something like an undershirt isn't exactly far-fetched. Of course if you still wanted to RP being naked, for those ERP folks out there, then you could do so through emotes.

9 answers to this question

CorbSlayer    44

I always assume that the person has underwear/undershirt unless emoted otherwise by the player

Ron    809

In my opinion it depends how you rp it out. The char model is wearing a shirt and underwear.

If you decide to take off your clothing during rp for whatever reason, you should emote for example: 

*appears to wear underwear* / *appears to be naked* so you give people around you a hint how to react towards it.

Roman    0

Well it would kinda be powergaming if you tell someone that they are naked when they clearly have underpants and a shirt on.

While it's might be considered inappropriate on our servers I wouldn't say that someone is naked.

It all boils down to the situation at hand.

Bruce    0

In my opinion it depends how you rp it out.

If you decide to take off your clothing during rp for whatever reason, you should emote for example: 

*appears to wear underwear* / *appears to be naked* so you give people around you a hint how to react towards it.

But here's the problem. You should never have to emote having the clothes on since your character by default does. I can understand emoting not having them on, but that's why I made the thread.

There needs to be a standard set for this since it's borderline powergaming when someone starts flipping out yelling you're naked.

Ron    809

In my opinion it depends how you rp it out.

But here's the problem. You should never have to emote having the clothes on since your character by default does. I can understand emoting not having them on, but that's why I made the thread.

There needs to be a standard set for this since it's borderline powergaming when someone starts flipping out yelling you're naked.

I was more pointing towards the decisions on a char you play yourself.

Of couse saying/ yelling out that someone is naked if that person did not say anything in specific about being naked , is not okay in my opinion.

Also because - depending on the situation- it might appear as inappropriate.

Shark    0

Yeah, no. I don't like claiming someone to be naked unless they choose to say that they are. Otherwise, they clearly have t-shirt and underwear.

Otherwise, while it may be minor, that's just powergaming someone's appearance and could affect their RP.

Bruce    0

Alright. This can be /solved.

I see this happen a lot and just wanted to get staff opinions on it.

Ron    809

Alright,

glad your question has been answered.

Marking this as /solved.

Cow    0

All situational IMO.

All how it is RP'd out and shit.