Server time: 2017-10-24, 07:37
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Laptop randomly schuting down after playing dayz sa

Question

Harry    18

I've had this problem very recently, it seems after playing dayz sa for like 1,5 hours my laptop schuts down without any blue screen. I think this could be a overheating problem, or a graphical problem but  i am not to sure.. Anyway i dont know how to fix it. So any help is appreciated thanks...

14 answers to this question

Rory    1599

It might be due to overheating. I play on a laptop and I needed to buy a Laptop cooling pad due to my laptop overheating a lot.

You can buy a cooler for your fans and try running your game on lower graphics. That may also help.

Could you post your PC / Laptop specs, please?

Shark    0

Overheating is a likely cause especially with DayZ, putting a lot of strain on your processor, and without a blue screen. Do you know your normal temperatures while in game or even your idling temps? Speccy is a great tool to find out, if you don't have it already.

Harry    18

Specs:

Intel ® Core i7-3612QM CPU @2.10GHz

8GB 64bit

Windows 7 Home premium

Speccy:

I think its overheating to much... or is that 85 C from something else?

jzya94.jpg[/img]

Kanen    108

85% is pretty high for your CPU. Personally mine gets to 75% no higher, thats when I have DayZ and other processes running in the background. Have you tried cleaning your laptop it could be filled with dust also as Phoenix said a cooling pad would be a great addition allowing your laptop to get more airflow into it.

Chow    45

Snip

CPU goes to Terminal Shutdown around 105.

During heavy loads on DayZ you will reach this.

Try properly cleaning your PC.

If you use a Air Compressor hold some paper in front of the nozzle, to prevent moisture to enter the PC.

Could also consider buying a Laptop cooler. May be loud put is worth it.

Harry    18

85% is pretty high for your CPU. Personally mine gets to 75% no higher, thats when I have DayZ and other processes running in the background. Have you tried cleaning your laptop it could be filled with dust also as Phoenix said a cooling pad would be a great addition allowing your laptop to get more airflow into it.

Ill think ill try the cooling pad, wouldnt want to try to screw it open as i am afraid i mess it up. Is there a good one you could recommend specifically for this laptop? that has a decent price and works well?

Post    0

If you want a good priced laptop pad I'd recommend the DeepCool N8 or N9, I am not sure what size your laptop is, but I have this pad and it fits my 17" Mac. Quiet, very strong, has two 140mm fans, and USB powered. It really depends on how much airflow and cooling you want, but this was only $25 and I noticed a giant performance change.

Rory    1599
This is the one I have and have had for a good year. Works fantastic and at a good price.

Harry    18

Well i am experiencing this problem again. I removed dust by using a vacuum cleaner with a filter. Which brought down the cpu from 75 to 61-57 with or without the coolingpad. But as soon i start up dayz the cpu rises sky high up to 80-90 cpu which in the end makes it overheating again after a while. The weird thing is when i put dayz in the background without playing the game it goes back to 80-70 and so it wont overheat. But if i play the game it even reach up until 90 cpu. So the last thing i can think of is buying a can which compresses air for me which i can use to get out the last remainings of the dust and after that i dont know what to do anymore. The only thing i can think of what has caused this is because i am currently sitting at the attic which might be a bit hotter then below?? Since i didnt have this problem anymore when i was sitting down in my room with the cooling pad.. Sorry for the necro trough but i want to find out what else i could do..

(Edit: the cpu goes back to 66 so i guess the things i tried didnt help that much.)

Faith    733

I mean I've had an issue when I used to talk IG my computer would restart itself. Maybe it's dust, the usb devices that you need to take out and wait for the computer to log in and then plug them back in. I'm no expert on computers but mine stopped after a while. :)

Rolle    2985

The vacuum cleaner way is usually very effective. I prefer it over the compressed air simply because you're pulling stuff out, not pushing it further in. So I would try that again, perhaps even open up the back cover if you're brave and your warranty has expired anyway :) When cleaning it remember to hold down the fan so it doesn't spin - it may damage itself or the motherboard it is connected to if it spins too fast.

You could also try removing the whole heatsink, clean it nicely, reapply thermal paste and re-seat the heatsink, but that's a little bit more advanced.

Oliv    1890

To further what rolle said, I was able to drop my laptop's CPU and GPU temps by 20 degrees Fahrenheit by redooing my heatsink compound.

If your comfortable with it, I highly suggest you give it a go.

Roach    1660

What Rolle and Oliv said is top notch.

If you are not brave enough to do this, you may wanna keep a few extra bucks to go to a professional and he/she will be able to open your laptop, properly clean it and apply compound paste on your heatsink fan (CPU).

I do this on my own with PCs, but laptops I am always scared to play around with. I'd save up and bring it to a pro just to be safe.

$30-$40 is nothing compared to the price of a new laptop cause you accidentally messed up something hehe. It's how I feel anyways :D