Server time: 2017-10-17, 11:40
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Doc Phlox

Community Interviews

Doc Phlox    24

Hey all you dudes and dudettes out there, this may seem dumb but I wanted to run something by you all. I love reading the weekly Interviews. I do, you can find some pretty interesting stuff on there.

Anyway, I do have a question as to why they use the word "unique" instead of "interesting", because quite honestly (and multiple people interviewed have stated it) does anyone have something that is truly " unique" to them besides their genes or a crazy tattoo or story, but even those latter 2 examples can be classified as interesting.

I have noticed that questions are not always the same, so why not change that one?

Hatch    0

By using the word "unique" it allows people to think harder and more carefully about what they're going to say, leading to perhaps more original answers every week

Ark    229

* He sits and waits for the day he  gets interviewed *

Soon™

Interesting can be like "I like to hunt", unique will be like "I like to see animals die".

There's a difference, most of us are unique in a way. Being unique means you're different, you don't want someone to put in a shitty ass half written hobby.

You want them to explain why a certain thing about them is unique.

Shiro    0

* He sits and waits for the day he gets interviewed *

Guest TCGBuNiTy   
Guest TCGBuNiTy

What is wrong with asking them if they have something "unique" about them? It also could tie into something interesting about them as well, by using the word unique it allows them to think harder about what they are going to say.

Hagger    117

The word unique can also mean something not typical or unusual. We all have some weird or unusual traits/habits/activities. I could tell several about myself.

If you try to come up something that is so special that only you possess and not anyone else, it might be impossible.

Whip    0

/me prepares all of the memes he could ever muster for the day the team decides to interview a true savage

Doc Phlox    24

But here is the thing, you all forget that unique has a very specific definition. I amn ot saying we don't want our community members to not feel interesting. What I am sayib is that word could be changed.

Someone used the example that unique could be "likes to watch animals die" but guess what, that doesn't make it unique. Do you know how many messed up 13 year olds like to watch animals die? 

Unique implies that it is specifically special and one-of-a-kind to that person. 

Most people who answer the question say they aren't unique, look at the one from this week.

I believe we can also make the argument that someone who can't think of a "unique" aspect of themselves may feel bad now. On a publicized interview they have to admit they have nothing "unique" about themselves.

zoyo    70

Ditto xD