Server time: 2017-10-23, 19:03
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
BenAssembled

Best Hunting stories (//In Game)

My Funniest Hunting experiences would be, when my friends and i where driving along in a Volga when all of a sudden the road was blocked by about 6 Cows. The Cows scatted as on of my friends got out the car, he ran off towards them to try and heard the cows back towards the Car. 

about 5 minutes later me and my other friend go off to find him, we found him smack bang in the middle of a field trying to keep the cows there by running around in circles. so we just stood there and watched..... for quite a while

Hmmm...tough one. I would suppose one of my funnier hunting moments where when I was running around Chernarus blind, since I didnt know where I was on the map. I climbed a hill to get a better view of the area and work out any landmarks -and I was pretty much starving at the time- when I heard a chicken very close to me. Now, I had never killed a chicken before, and all I had was a Mosin. I started to slowly crawl around the hilltop looking for the chicken, when I accidentally crawl right into it. The thing starts running like crazy, and I run after it full sprint. Took about five minutes of chasing the damn thing through dense woods before it glitched into a fallen tree. I pretended that it injured itself while running away from me, so I aim at her and squeeze of a shot. Mind you, the mosin is bloody loud. Unfortunately for me, the trunk absorbs the bullet and nothing happens to her. I switch to my axe, and take a few swings...nothing.

At this point, I'm worried that nearby zombies were Oscar Mike full turbo mode, so I go for my last option: My bare fists. I wrestled the damn thing to the ground (kept hitting it until the trunk failed to ignore one of the hits), before finally skinning it and getting me some sweet KFC.

Hagger    117

Oh we had good time hunting some cows with my friend. I didn't carry any firearms and my friend had only a bow. We sneaked close to the cow herd and he started unloading arrows at the cows. Not a single on hit them and this one cow went completely berserk. It started charging at as and kept running in circles and it really seemed like it was targeting at us. I kept poking the cow with a fishing pole and my friend swung the ax. We were bullfighting maybe 5 minutes until we managed to kill it.

And all this was done roleplaying that this might be mad cow. I don't even remember did we eat that cow because it was so intense :D

Decided to use a sniper rifle (Winnie with scope) for the first time, so I set up outside Berezino aiming for the cattle pasture and proceeded to fire a good 10-14 rounds without hitting any of the five cows. The entire time the cows keep stopping momentarily when the rounds impacted dirt, then continued on as if nothing was happening.

I suck at aiming. Or zeroing. Or both.

Faith    732

Three experiences. One animal. Two human.

Animal: Spent 15-20 minutes near VMC, Kabanino and Vybor triangle chasing a chicken with 7-8 people chased it until we finally killed it.

Human: Got initiated on, stripped naked in character. Myself and my roleplay fiance spent our two hours with our good friend Benny from the pestilance brotherhood hunting them. We finally found them with about 30 ish minutes to spare, gave them roleplay and then executed them for lying constantly even though all the stuff they had on we identified to be ours. That was probably one of the best badass hunts I've had as well as being in the Reapers V2, whole reapers declared a minor war on Colony Caravan because they intiated on me a few days before and had about a 2 hour PvP match meanwhile I'm sat in Vybor listening to it all happen :,)

Saalpeter    3

Once I was in Kozlovka and saw a helicopter with a boar that both stood ten feet away from each other. It was like heaven on earth for me. You must understand, a wild boar in Chernarus means to me something like the reincarnation of a deity in animal form.  You know the stories about Zeus, right? There is no higher value than the fluffy fur of a wild boar in this world. He will forever be a part of you and you will amalgamate with him.

So I was thrilled, of course I was, anything else would be blasphemy. I took the Winchester from my shoulder, crept closer, took aim, squeezed the trigger..baam... and I missed. The wild boar started to race at breakneck speed in a circle around me 

The next two shots I missed as well and I felt the blush on my face. I nervously looked over my shoulder for witnesses of my action. I also missed the next two shots and when I reloaded, I lost eyes on the boar.

I left the area slowly and carefully and went ready for the big hunt.,Man against God. Twenty minutes later, I found Zeus in a wooded area peacefully "grazing" and knocked him down with a headshot and took his fur in honor. I never thougt about that FAL and it's magazines back in the heli as he and I became one.

I took a picture of his run (well, maybe the link will work):

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af281/Ktarie/2015-08-02_00001_zpsu1vof6vv.jpg

zoyo    70

I was starving near Berezino, couldn't find food. I was running towards some apple trees when I saw a cow in the field. It was stuck in some bushes. Unfortunately I had no ammo. Fortunately I was quite skilled in the art of Hoe-jitsu and proceeded to beat it to death with the farming tool. Steak never tasted so good. :P

Guest Zerozael   
Guest Zerozael

C283CA1C74D1DC6505889E830F054CF8F8E05874

Literally 9 cows on the way up to the airfield.

Every time I senselessly slaughter a chicken with my knife.

My offerings unto Coyote.

...But seriously, probably the first time a few of the Strangeland guys saw me dart over to an unseen chicken and kill it with my knife. The reactions were great.

Alex    465

Not really a hunting thing but it involves DayZ's oh so brilliant animals. Up near Severograd, I was on a hill watching a herd of cows and my mate is down there trying to shoot at the now spooked herd running directly at him. It's at this point he fires at them, kills at least one, and another runs right at him and knocks him out. I have never laughed so hard in my life, Its one of those stories where I still laugh when I think about it. He just flopped down and it took us ages to wake him, because the shock damage from the glitch collision must have been like a hundred punches.

Edwardou    0

I was near green mountain one time, at some place we called Ted's farm, I was alone and very hungry. During the night time on the server I heard a couple moo's coming from the trees next to me, I walk over to find I have startled a herd of house and they start to sprint away, I begin to chase them through the forest like some tribesman leaping over fallen trees and rocks until I glitch about 3 of them into a rock formation and I unload on them with my UMP

Needless to say I wasn't hungry anymore