Server time: 2017-08-19, 09:34

Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Interview with Clapton

Ark    201

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week we interviewed 

Clapton

Thank you so much for participating!

~ Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

I am an aficionado of everything starchy. But really, I'm just a regular 18 year old from Ireland who enjoys playing games and hanging out with my friends, pretty normal.

~ Which section in the Forum are the you most interested in and why? ~

I would have to say Off-Topic, it's where most of the funny stuff on the forums happens and it's also where people can voice their opinions and share stuff that is not related to Dayz.

~ How did you found out about DayZRP? ~

I found out about DayZRP through some videos on YouTube, but that was back in 2013. I wasn't really interested in RP in DayZ until after Standalone came out but I still put off joining until late in 2014.

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

Yes, I've met plenty of friends during my time here. When I first joined I met Levi and Franz and played with them for quite a while and after that I began meeting more and more people like Pat, Sandy and a few others. I ended up meeting up with Pat, Sandy and DeeBlack in Dublin last year to go out for some drinks and then going to Wales with Pat, Conor, Hatch, Sandy and Satan a few weeks later for a weekend. I'll try and name as many as I can think of like Pat, Hatch, Conor, Levi, Franz, Kaplyn, Sandy, DeeBlack, Simonstar, Dan, Chinchilla, Post, Scooter, Lucius, Shark, Hood, Ramen, Yuri, Jacob, Kyle, Frank, Chris, Dew, Seamus, Kpop, SweetJoe, Thumper, Sasha, Ryssen, Squatch, Lewis, Se7en, Strider, Enigma, Blitz, Dougie, Skeetsi, Cow, Vittoria, CUDA, Neszy, Bruhstice, Deadplex, Stewe, Whip, Johnny and Turbox. Sorry if I forgot anyone I tried to remember it chronologically as I met everyone. <3 you all.

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

I'd like if the shout-box was added again, that was a lot of fun and let people speak to each other while browsing the forums.

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

One of my favorite RP experiences took place when I was in The Convicts. We had built up a lot of hostilities between us and The Vigil and after a lot of really fun and entertaining interactions between us, we ended up luring Timmy out by promising to release his captured friends in exchange for him. He agreed and we betrayed his trust and ended up executing Donny and wounding Timmy severely. Just want to give a shutout to everyone who was involved and made it so much fun.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us?

This first video is from when The Convicts and The Vigil hostilities reached it's peak and we decided to send a message to Timmy.

[video=youtube]

This next video is from Pat and Chinchillas wedding that happened recently, it was a lot of fun meeting back up with some of my old friends for this.

[video=youtube]

[

~ Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us? ~

These are a couple I could find.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

~ What do you think someone should at least do once while playing DayZRP (funny and serious and of course within the rules) ~

Apart from initiating on GM as Romanian Gypsies, I would say people should try setting up a group of their own and see how it goes. All it takes is an idea and some graphics which many people in the community would love to help you with.

~ If you could meet one roleplay character you have met ingame in RL, who it would and why? ~

I think I'd like to meet Reimy Staryo in real life. After getting to know the character and Sasha over the last few months he quickly became my favorite person to run around with, we had a lot of good laughs and got into so many crazy adventures that I won't forget about.

~ Ingame, what is your favorite location to hang out? ~

My favorite location to hang out in is just south of Guglovo, it's a small town called Kumyrna that has been mostly destroyed. I wish there were more places on the map like this that have more of a sinister feel and look.

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

I would definitely say the people. There are so many different types of people who belong to this community who all share a similar interest, the people are what make the community after all.

~ Is there anything you regret IC and OOC, since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?) ~

Apart from getting into too many firefights IC, I don't regret much. But OOC, I think there has been a few times where I should have taken a step back from playing, as much fun a DayZRP is, it takes up a lot of time that I should have spent studying or with family and friends.

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? ~

I'll just say whats been said before, be yourself, don't be afraid to meet new people and don't rob anyone on your first day. And maybe read some Solved Reports to see what can get you banned and what to avoid when you're playing.

~ Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community? ~ 

I know it's been said a good few times before, but more communication between staff and community members would be nice. I know sometimes I've felt the "Us versus them" mentality, although not as much as I used to. I feel a lot of the difference between some staff and community members could be solved with talking, and not warnings or points. The same can be said about issues between community members. A lot of conflict or OOC Hate could be resolved if people would just maturely approached each other and speak about any issues they have with people or groups. So overall I would like to see more communication between everyone.

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

Good interview. I was looking for that initiation video!

Skimmed over, looks alright. Nice interview!

Prime interview Clapton my good friend.

[align=left]Apart from initiating on GM as Romanian Gypsies

I somehow never done that...

Anyway great interview.

That video of Yuri still cracks me up.

DarkSide    229

Enjoyed reading this. Nice interview Clapton.

Guest TCGBuNiTy   
Guest TCGBuNiTy

I enjoyed reading the interview minus the fact that the text that was used for his answers is GOD AWFUL! (no offense)

The font is killing me.

urite

#ComicSansLetsGo

The font is killing me.

Glad it's not just me. Rolle fix pls

Daaaaaamnnnn Clapton, back at it again with the dank interview.

That font is making me feel ill though.

Ah yeah, good ol'Romanian gypsies initiating on GM. I don't think anyone at GM that day was ready to face our Romanian wrath.

#RomanianGypsies5lyfe

Ryssen    21

Nice interview Clapton! :D But yeah, the font is killin' me.

Flapjack    66

Was an interesting interview with some entertaining videos, thanks Clapton!

Though, like others have said; the new formatting is making me cringe.

Great interview, good read, aside from the font :P

Aww another interview where I'm considered a friend <3

Good read.

So many good moments that I've missed due to my absence i can do nothing about.. but soon, more to come laddie

you're a gooden Cormac

Good interview Clopten

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

mood .

Guest turbox9   
Guest turbox9

vood.