Server time: 2017-10-21, 03:27
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Stellaboy

Does your character have a "tick"

Stellaboy    10

I've observed some characters that have "ticks" or little things they do habitually. One guy would frequently end sentences with "you see what I'm saying?" I offer people shots of vodka, but a lot of people refuse for personal reasons.

And looking over your shoulder fearing an ambush doesn't count as a tick, it's a good habit!

Bruce    0

Hmm, never really thought about this, but I guess Bruce just calls people pal for no real good reason.

Stellaboy    10

Hmm, never really thought about this, but I guess Bruce just calls people pal for no real good reason.

Hey, call me pal and i'll call you buddy and offer a shot!

Guest TCGBuNiTy   
Guest TCGBuNiTy

My character says "ahhh" a lot, so yeah I have one.

Dustin    0

Eli says "ya know what" when I initiate on someone...

other then that never really thought about it, guess next I play I need to pay attention cause it's kinda interesting.

Stellaboy    10

"Ayyyy! Don't fuckin worry about it!"

I remember hearing this one a couple times. hahaha!

Marcunt    240

A habit I've noticed in Kir is to say "right?" or "you know" in like every single sentence ever. I can imagine that getting a bit annoying, lol.

Plank    0

Michael Orchil calls everyone "big man." Except Peter Redfield. He usually gets called a "shite cunt."

Ryssen    21

Zdenek rubs his nose a lot as it usually is pretty twisted and sore.

Ellie has her stims that other people might see as ticks (hand flapping and rocking back and forth).

zoyo    70

My character frequently starts her sentences with an "Uhh" or "uhmm." She's been doing it less and less over time though. She's a lot more confident than she used to be. Its important to let your characters change and grow over time.

Keira    1457

Anytime my character does something kinda embarrassing or asks a stupid question, it's almost always followed by "just kidding"

Husky    0

Anytime my character does something kinda embarrassing or asks a stupid question, it's almost always followed by "just kidding"

*Accidentally kills friends with grenade*

"jk"

:D

Keira    1457

*Accidentally kills friends with grenade*

"jk"

:D

If only it wasn't true....

Little Luis    1

Little Luis doesn´t like ticks, even though I always start or end my sentences with "Right"....

init weird right?

Malvarik    7

Zedler calls a lot of people he meets "sir" or "madam" no matter the situation. It's kinda his polite tick he has

'Hey buddy' is a classic greeting of mine to pretty much everyone. But I think a lot of people do this so not sure I can count it as a personal 'tick'...

Stellaboy    10

'Hey buddy' is a classic greeting of mine to pretty much everyone. But I think a lot of people do this so not sure I can count it as a personal 'tick'...

Yea, I am thinking more like frequent habits your character has. Like say picking his nose, rubbing his neck, breaking eye contact when nervous, sweating (i've meant some "Sweaters" haha.)

Of course speech mannerisms count too!

Autumn    127

Jacob has a quirk that often times his hands need to be occupied. It's hard for him to stay relaxed and when asked to relax, he'll often still be doing something with his hands. Thumb running across his knuckles, biting fingernails. Cracking his knuckles, moving his fingers, twiddling his thumbs, moving the safety of his gun from the on to off position continuously.

Factor in a foul mouth in there in terms of language and -whistle-. Yeah.

"Not jk."

Actually now that I think about it, I don't do it that often because I often forget, Charlie rubs his hands through his hair whenever anyone tells him bad news or some awkward confrontation is going on. He never likes to cry and always wants to stay optimistic, so when someone tells him something bad has happened, he avoids eye-contact and does something to distract him (like running his hands through his hair).