Server time: 2017-08-17, 06:14

Sign in to follow this  
Guest kryptorx

roleplaying name

Question

Guest kryptorx   
Guest kryptorx

This doesnt seem to be really fare, i just made an application and spended about half an hour downloading and making accounts etc. still ofcourse somehow my application gets rejected because of my name....my character name is Mini Zlatan, Mini(firstname) Zlatan(lastname). I dont think this seems to be fare at all and by this i have to wait 12 more hours to make a new application and also make a new profile.... admins, think about what you are doing....

26 answers to this question

Guest Viper   
Guest Viper

It is a roleplay and a name lie mini is hardly reliastic.

Guest kryptorx   
Guest kryptorx

It is a roleplay and a name lie mini is hardly reliastic.

really...you know that chernarus is a map of russia and in russia mini can be a common name.

And I've seen a few with clearly forum names out there *Cough cough panda, dropbear, etc..*

Reacher    0

All non-RP names will be dealt with in due time.

If possible, if those with inappropriate RP-focused names [eg: shadowninjaxx112, tomato paste lover, Xx_DOUG_xX, etc] could change their profile names to more realistic naming conventions [eg: Xx_DOUG_xX to simply Doug] that would save us time and effort.

And such time and effort saved on chasing down non-RP names can be spent on helping people play the game, or mod updating, etc.

Guest kryptorx   
Guest kryptorx

If possible, if those with inappropriate RP-focused names [eg: shadowninjaxx112, tomato paste lover, Xx_DOUG_xX, etc] could change their profile names to more realistic naming conventions [eg: Xx_DOUG_xX to simply Doug] that would save us time and effort.

And such time and effort saved on chasing down non-RP names can be spent on helping people play the game, or mod updating, etc.

then how do you considering my name inappropiate if its so annoying to stop the non realistic names then why shud you be so delicate?, as i said mini zlatan isnt even an inappropiate name but you seem to think that its so inappropiate that i cant even play on your server... this just seems to be very confusing and i was really into roleplaying...

and for teh record my profile name is jsut simply mini zlatan, no clan tag or xX mini zlatan Xx no nothing, ur making issues where non exists

Reacher    0

I didn't make the decision about that particular name you mention.

My comment is a general awareness comment, so others might be informed and save us some of the trouble by taking initiative and changing their names, if they're not sure about them.

Guest kryptorx   
Guest kryptorx

My comment is a general awareness comment, so others might be informed and save us some of the trouble by taking initiative and changing their names, if they're not sure about them.

well please make my voice heard and let the other admins know that they shudnt be to hard on the roleplay names, i have changed my profile name now but i dont really think it shud be neccessary.

Robbin    0

Judging on the small pieces of text you have posted so far, I believe there may be more to it than just the name.

well please make my voice heard and let the other admins know that they shudnt be to hard on the roleplay names, i have changed my profile name now but i dont really think it shud be neccessary.

Whitelist is closed for the moment. It may open periodically during the week. Feel free to try again when that happens, but realize that your name might not be the only reason your application got rejected.

Grizzly    0

Chernarus isn't based of Russia, It's based of Czech Republic.

Guest thorjack11   
Guest thorjack11

What about u just go ahead and pick another name instead of complaining?

that way u will come in and play a lot faster instead of making a thread where u complain about ur name

Guest kryptorx   
Guest kryptorx

that way u will come in and play a lot faster instead of making a thread where u complain about ur name

read what i have been writting again, i have mentioned that i changed my name just that i dont think its neccesary

Whitelist is closed for the moment. It may open periodically during the week. Feel free to try again when that happens, but realize that your name might not be the only reason your application got rejected.

if the name wast the only reason why i gto rejected then mabe u shud type that in the comment of reason why u deny my application, and i dont see what it could be or well i dont see why my name wouldnt be appropiate either but im sure its kinda silly too...

How about you read the thread and realize that the name wasn't the reason. "Mini Zlatan" is an acceptable name.

Guest kryptorx   
Guest kryptorx

How about you read the thread and realize that the name wasn't the reason. "Mini Zlatan" is an acceptable name.

well acctualyl the name wasnt accepted at all because thats the reason why i got rejected, since the person who readed my text and my name said it was, but if the name is acctepable in ur opinion then i wish u were the one who read my application because my story about my character was very well done and it was realistic, basiclly the person who read my application thought that the name was not appropiate even thou it is, the annoying thing is that the server list is closed now so i cant just do a new one,i know taht my text and name shud be acceptable belive me, but it just feels so stupid that for just that small reason that someone thought my name was inappropiate even thou it is makes me have to wait this long for a new application when i just could have got it then.

Reacher    0

It also comes down to punctuation, spelling and grammar. All of which seem to be something of an issue, especially given your 8 line run-on sentence just now [complete with spelling errors].

Chances are it was a combination of several factors, which culminated as a whole, when your character name was deemed inappropriate, resulting in a fail for the application.

As it stands, there have been suggestions made for when whitelisting is available again; I'd suggest using them, while also checking grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Guest kryptorx   
Guest kryptorx

It also comes down to punctuation, spelling and grammar. All of which seem to be something of an issue, especially given your 8 line run-on sentence just now [complete with spelling errors].

Chances are it was a combination of several factors, which culminated as a whole, when your character name was deemed inappropriate, resulting in a fail for the application.

As it stands, there have been suggestions made for when whitelisting is available again; I'd suggest using them, while also checking grammar, spelling and punctuation.

i wish u could read my application because its pretty naiv of u to think im writting this bad in my biography, i was very delicate with the spelling and punctuation but im hardly the only one who doesnt care about things like that on a forum...

Guest Haarfagr   
Guest Haarfagr

We can tell.... Maybe you should do something about that?

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Wow that's stupid? Like only a 60 percent of the server has an actual roleplaying name. I've seen people like Car Job or Mr Pickles or MegaPixelXD or [email protected]_1337 the list goes on. In my opinion, if new players will be rejected for those kind of names I think they should enforce everyone in-game to use roleplay names as well. Realistic names.

Diremast    0

Wow that's stupid? Like only a 60 percent of the server has an actual roleplaying name. I've seen people like Car Job or Mr Pickles or MegaPixelXD or [email protected]_1337 the list goes on. In my opinion, if new players will be rejected for those kind of names I think they should enforce everyone in-game to use roleplay names as well. Realistic names.

That kind of thing are being enforced to the best of our ability at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback kryptorx. Now let's try to keep everything as civil as possible, we're just trying to help after all.

Guest thorjack11   
Guest thorjack11

I'm very sorry about that. next time i will go ahead and read it all.

Nikolai B.    0

Some inaccuracies I would like to address:

1. Chernarus is based on the map of the Czech republic, not Russia.

2. The name Chernarus is a pun on Belarus (=White Rus) (Chernarus = Black Rus).

3. The "Political" situation is based on the 2009 Russian - Georgean (separatist) conflict.

4. Mini is not a valid name in Russia (I am russian IRL, unlike them SGRU posers :D)

5. With a name like Mini in Russia, people would think your are a transgender mini-mouse wannabe. No offense intended, they really would.

And also, your ingame name on forum changes when you log in to the server with the new name.

Guest kryptorx   
Guest kryptorx

Some inaccuracies I would like to address:

1. Chernarus is based on the map of the Czech republic, not Russia.

2. The name Chernarus is a pun on Belarus (=White Rus) (Chernarus = Black Rus).

3. The "Political" situation is based on the 2009 Russian - Georgean (separatist) conflict.

4. Mini is not a valid name in Russia (I am russian IRL, unlike them SGRU posers :D)

5. With a name like Mini in Russia, people would think your are a transgender mini-mouse wannabe. No offense intended, they really would.

And also, your ingame name on forum changes when you log in to the server with the new name.

first of all, its an eastern european country, thats the important so if its czech or russia isnt of that big importance, and about my ingame name, if it doesnt matter in russia doesnt really matter at all, the thing that is an issue is that mini is a valid name if u see it globaly, since mini is a valid name in lets say Malabu, but still this doesnt change the fact that the ppl who reject the applications are way to delicate. if they want u to have a realistic name for an eastern european country then they shud make that more clear since more than about 80% of the players dont have that type of name.

Reacher    0

You're still being very argumentative and confrontational, considering we are trying to offer you advice for your next application.

Please refrain from arguing every point, and simply take what you can away from this thread, and utilize it in your following whitelist application [which will be opened soon].

As it stands, you're not portraying a particularly community-friendly attitude or giving an indication that you would be anything other than defensive and argumentative... so my recommendation is to:

1. Stop responding with arguments.

2. Simply change your character's name.

3. Reapply when whitelist is open [soon].

If your application is as good as you say, then the change of character name should solve the problem.

Guest kryptorx   
Guest kryptorx

You're still being very argumentative and confrontational, considering we are trying to offer you advice for your next application.

Please refrain from arguing every point, and simply take what you can away from this thread, and utilize it in your following whitelist application [which will be opened soon].

As it stands, you're not portraying a particularly community-friendly attitude or giving an indication that you would be anything other than defensive and argumentative... so my recommendation is to:

1. Stop responding with arguments.

2. Simply change your character's name.

3. Reapply when whitelist is open [soon].

If your application is as good as you say, then the change of character name should solve the problem.

apperantly it didnt work anyways, i got rejeccted now again and wont be able to since i pasted the same background story again and now they rejeccted it because of bad grammar, if i had bad grammar earlier then u have to say that.and no i dont write as i do here on the forum