Server time: 2018-02-19, 13:59

King of the Castle - Lopatino (Melee only - OOC Event)
TODAY - 2018-02-20 00:00:00 (server time) - Starts in 10 hours
Sign in to follow this  
FUNERAL

The best screen recording software?

Question

So, I've been thinking that it would be quite useful to record some action sometimes in DayZ, but my I don't think my PC would run DayZ and record at the same time with a nice amount of FPS. So, I'd like to test something out, and I would like you to suggest me some of recording programs, except fraps.

Thanks

25 answers to this question

Dxtory is less intensive than fraps but it still requires a bit of horsepower. If you have an Nvidia GPU then Shadowplay is the way to go. I've heard OBS is pretty decent at recording too.

I prefer DxTory, you have to pay for it. OBS is pretty good if you're looking for something that doesnt kill your frames. Shadowplay comes with most NVDIA GPUs, it's a good alternative for those who are too lazy to download. I really love it a lot and it gives a lot of leverage when you choose to edit and it's really user friendly.

I use shadow play which is included with my Nvidia graphics but OBS is a good option too.

You can also modify OBS to work like shadowplay, what I mean is it will be using your graphics card to record instead of your CPU for increased performance, if your graphics card is any good of course.

If I stream on Twitch I use OBS and I am happy with it.

If I want to record ingame for exemple reports or funny things I will use Shadoow Play.

I am a noob with recording stuff, so I dont know the benefits of the software.

But I use both and it works pretty fine.

Shadowplay is best if you have the Nvidia GPU compatible with it.

OBS gives minimal framedrop and is free used by alot of streamers etc.

Fraps is pretty average but another easy to get software.

and Dxtory is nice but you have to pay for it.

these are honestly your best options for recording your gameplay personally i recommend OBS its what i use to record everything i do.

gonna go ahead and solve this question as youve been given a bunch of answers.

/Solved.

Going to add to praise for shadowplay.

Ideally it would be great if Dxtory had support of NVENC so you get shadowplay quality/minimal usage but dxtory's audio channel separation.

If you're just recording for fun, go with shadowplay.

If you want to create "mr moon" style feature length stuff with lots of post recording sound editing then Dxtory.

Only thing I would say about Shadowplay is I always have issues when it comes to recording voice. But besides that, it doesn't kill any frames and produces some real nice videos. I also like the function to save the last 10 minutes, always helps when trying to catch a rulebreak.

With my medieval PC OBS was the best choice. It allowed me to record 5-7h gameplays without any pause, in decent enough for a possible report quality, not taking to much disk space. I would honestly recommend OBS and just record your whole gameplays from start to the end.

With my medieval PC OBS was the best choice. It allowed me to record 5-7h gameplays without any pause, in decent enough for a possible report quality, not taking to much disk space. I would honestly recommend OBS and just record your whole gameplays from start to the end.

It turns out that I have tried OBS long time ago, but I have a question - I dont quite get it how to get it recording, I've managed my hotkeys, so I understand that I have to choose the application I would like to record? Because when I press the "Record" hotkey, it says "Are you sure you want to record a black screen?" or smth like that..

It turns out that I have tried OBS long time ago, but I have a question - I dont quite get it how to get it recording, I've managed my hotkeys, so I understand that I have to choose the application I would like to record? Because when I press the "Record" hotkey, it says "Are you sure you want to record a black screen?" or smth like that..

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-How-to-record-with-OBS-You-re-a-bandit-A-victim-Have-a-video-for-a-report

Here you go! :)

You gonna have to add a "Game Capture" as one of your sources. You have to have DayZ opened then you select it and make sure you check the anti-cheat box.

Guest Mak

Shadowplay is the best choice IMO, useful when you're playing RP and want to record the last 10 mins although you were not recording.

Unfortunately I have AMD graphics. :(

Shadowplay is the best choice IMO, useful when you're playing RP and want to record the last 10 mins although you were not recording.

I use shadowplay, it has no effect on performance and has the shadowtime feature. However you need a high end Nvidia graphics card :P

Considering you have an AMD graphics card, go get OBS. I wouldn't even bother with fraps or dxtory tbh.

Considering you have an AMD graphics card, go get OBS. I wouldn't even bother with fraps or dxtory tbh.

Side note - I would use Fraps if you're planning to record a video for editing - like a trailer, short movie or something. Fraps doesn't encode the file and thanks to that the raw recordings are better material for editing.

Download AMD Gaming Evolved. Most of its features are kinda pointless but it has video capture which is basically shadowplay for AMD users. If you don't want to mess around with useless features, go for plays.tv.

IMO - Shadowplay is good, but the quality is pretty bad but good enough really. DXTORY is probably the best way to go if you can find good codecs and get some other quality of life things to help the recording for example virtual audio cables and what not.

Like others are stating, Nvidia's shadow play is great if you have 600 or up gpu. That's what I use. What I like about is I don't have to record my whole gameplay that will take up shit tone of space and constant stress on gpu. If you press a hotkey, shadow play will save your last 20 minutes of gameplay. So you record what you need.

If you have an AMD graphics card use AMD Gaming Evolved, it's the same thing as Shadowplay but for AMD