Server time: 2017-11-18, 23:31

Sign in to follow this  
Bush

S1 South of Novy. Avoiding RP. 2016-01-30. 00.30

Server and location:  South of Novy S1.

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2016-01-30 00.30

Your in game name: Gemini Bush

Names of allies involved: Mentally ill dude? Not sure if his name, not really an ally but we were roleplaying with eachother. 

Name of suspect/s:  Timor Mazherov

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): http://imgur.com/BtDRi7P (Can't get the link function to work, and apologies for the big pic, dont have an editing tool). [video=youtube]

Detailed description of the events: So I was in the church in Novy RPing with this guy who was mentally sick,  I see a guy standing outside the church a couple of 50m(?) away, he seems to be listning it on our conversation so I approch him and I attempted to RP with him, he begins running away and I follow, unknown to me was that the mentally sick dude also decided to follow me, so I run after this guy for around 600m while he blantantly ignores me and when I finally reach up he simple tells me to go away go away, I ask him to relax and tell him that I just want to chat a little, he comments on my gun and keep talking shit, so I decided he wasn't worth the effort and ran away,  I turned around after a while and noticed that the mentally ill dude and Timor are standing in the field, so I  start running  towards them and after a while later I hear a gunshot coming from where I came from, so I return and see Timor Mazherov bandage himself, and the mentally ill dude on the ground. I tell the guy to drop his weapon,  put his hands up and not to move, (he had his gun at his back at this point), and the guy complies then just to pull out his gun and get killed by me.

I personally feel like this guy didnt try to RP with me, even thou I gave him several chances to do so, first of he ran away when I wanted to talk to him, 2th time when he decided to throw his life away after he even acknowledge that I was superior armed, and he was probaly low own blood, after he had been bleading.

• Ignore attempts to role-play.
  • Act in a way that indicates no value for your characters survival.

^^ From the rules.

Update: Clarified some stuff and added video.

Hi, this was me,

I was walking into town when I heard talking, and it sounded aggressive like a holdup.  Now when I heard voices I could not see anyone around me.  You would have seen me looking around.  I thought it was still a global voice bug and no one was around me.

Now, after speaking to two staff members on TS they said yes it's wrong to avoid players, however in another comment on a post about this I was told it is ok to avoid a situation that may be .  I thought I was in character by avoiding what I thought was conflict on the other side of town. Maybe this will be cleared up.   However, I wasn't 'listening in' and I wasn't creeping around.  I left.  I heard shouting "don't run away" but the voice right next to my head and I could not see anyone so I thought it was a global voice bug.  However, I engaged in RP the moment I saw you.  How is 'commenting on [your] gun' as you say and talking to you avoiding rp?  

When I FINALLY DID SEE YOU and confirmed that it wasn't voices from somewhere else I did not run away and I engaged in roleplay.  I was shit talking and my character was denying being "creepy" and spying on you.  I was RPing, I just wasn't being friendly to you.  You yourself mention that I commented on your gun.  I shit talked you.  shit talking doesn't meant avoiding rp.  I was aggressive in character and explaining I wasn't creeping around you.

Your friend then came and we rp'd.  I said he needed therapy and he said "i'll show you therapy" and tried to kill me so I killed him.  

Then you appeared while I was bandaging.  I did not comply,  I told you your friend tried to kill me and I defended myself and then you pull a gun and I pull mine.  You killed me.  fair does.  But please don't say I was avoiding rp because my character was not friendly.

So to recap, I accept that there is an issue of walking away from a place I thought was dangerous.  I talked with staff members about this straight away.  But I did not avoid rp when I saw you.  The only outright rule breaking that the first chat with admin according to my side of the story was was your companion when he tried to kos without stating intent.

Connection Logs:

00:42:23 | Player "Timor Mazherov" has been disconnected
00:43:03 | Player "Timor Mazherov" is connected

Hi, this was me,

I was walking into town when I heard talking, and it sounded aggressive like a holdup.  Now when I heard voices I could not see anyone around me.  You would have seen me looking around.  I thought it was still a global voice bug and no one was around me.

If you truly belived this was a voice bug, why was your first reaction to tell me to go away and why run away? That make no sense.  Secoundly I never saw you look around, the only thing I saw was you reacting to me spotting you. I can upload the video which shows me and the guy I were roleplaying with  had no hostile conversation what so ever, and the first time I see you in the field entering novy from the west. 

Now, after speaking to two staff members on TS they said yes it's wrong to avoid players, however in another comment on a post about this I was told it is ok to avoid a situation that may be .  However, I engaged in RP the moment I saw you.  How is 'commenting on [your] gun' as you say and talking to you avoiding rp?  

You can see in my video (2.10), that your first reaction to me actually being around was telling me to quote: "Stay away", it was first when I actually made it clear I wasn't gonna stay away you started trash talking. I do not belive in telling people to go away to be proper RP, I was one lone guy, not a group of 7 armed men. The comment about my gun was more about you confirming that I was better armed, and therfore had better odds  for winning a firefight.  

When I FINALLY DID SEE YOU and confirmed that it wasn't voices from somewhere else I did not run away and I engaged in roleplay.  I was shit talking and my character was denying being "creepy" and spying on you.  I was RPing, I just wasn't being friendly to you.  You yourself mention that I commented on your gun.  I shit talked you.  shit talking doesn't meant avoiding rp.  I was aggressive in character and explaining I wasn't creeping around you.

I got no problem with aggressive RP, however you still kept running sideways when you saw me, and then didnt take the opportunity to continue RPing after I initiated (Which I totally had a RP reason for, because you newly commited murder from my POV). Oh and I dont consider telling me to "go away" to be RP. 

Your friend then came and we rp'd.  I said he needed therapy and he said "i'll show you therapy" and tried to kill me so I killed him.  

I wasn't there, so no comment.

Then you appeared while I was bandaging.  I did not comply,  I told you your friend tried to kill me and I defended myself and then you pull a gun and I pull mine.  You killed me.  fair does.  But please don't say I was avoiding rp because my character was not friendly.

I am not saying you were avoiding it because you were hostile, I am saying it because you blantantly ignored all my attempts at roleplaying with you at the begining the the video. 

So to recap, I accept that there is an issue of walking away from a place I thought was dangerous.  I talked with staff members about this straight away.  But I did not avoid rp when I saw you.  The only outright rule breaking that the first chat with admin according to my side of the story was was your companion when he tried to kos without stating intent.

If you belive there have been a rulebreak, feel free to make your own report. 

Mind if I ask you to name  of the staff members you spoke to?

Normal Font=D0usted.

Bold Font = Me.

Italic Font = Important Stuff

Edit: If we take into consideration all the information you had, it seems like you acted reasonable with the limited amount of OOC/IC knowledge you, ofc it make sense to get out of the area incase you think there is an ungoing robbery/hostilites taking place, and that is exactly what you did. However from my POV, with the information I had it looked like you just wanted to avoid me. 

Unless staff have any objections, I would like for this report to be closed. All the evidence from my side is already up. (The language spoken in the video is swedish btw)

Connection Logs:

00:42:23 | Player "Timor Mazherov" has been disconnected
00:43:03 | Player "Timor Mazherov" is connected

This could either be the time I was speaking to staff on the helpdesk TS or from from my second life and I lost connection.  My teamspeak name is d0us and you can check that I lost both connection to TS and DayZ at the same time if logging is your concern.  I have video of this if you would like.

Edit: If we take into consideration all the information you had, it seems like you acted reasonable with the limited amount of OOC/IC knowledge you, ofc it make sense to get out of the area incase you think there is an ungoing robbery/hostilites taking place, and that is exactly what you did. However from my POV, with the information I had it looked like you just wanted to avoid me. 

Unless staff have any objections, I would like for this report to be closed. All the evidence from my side is already up. (The language spoken in the video is swedish btw)

I appreciate that this was a misunderstanding.  I spoke to two people in TS, I'm sorry I didn't take their names.  I went to helpdesk straight after what happened and discussed this.  I also posted a question thread about clarification of avoiding RP which includes what the staff members told me.

Again apologies for misunderstanding.  I hope my next character has a less salty exchange if we meet again.  R.I.P Timor ;)

/Closing as OP requested through PM