Hassan

"RP2: KoS in Kabinino - 01/24/2016 05:00"

Server and location: S2, Kabinino

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 05:00

Your in game name: Sonny Mitchell

Names of allies involved: Aeternus

Name of suspect/s: Apollo

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Not really sure i'll check.

Detailed description of the events:

Clumsy logged off in the church above Kabinino and I sat at the bottom of the stairs waiting for her to log back in while she was taking a little break, I was waiting and talked to a few people (nothing that would've gained KoS rights) and all the sudden Apollo peaks around the corner and shoots me and kills me. I'm honestly just curious to see why he thought he had the rights to shoot me as all I was doing was sitting down with no weapon out just waiting for her to come back. 

We had a previous encounter where I was talking to him but never initiated on him or anything, basically just told him to leave us alone. I feel like this situation could've been RP'd a lot better rather than just shooting an unarmed man sitting down that never did anything to grant the rights to shoot me.

Here's my POV: 

Me and Mr.Diamond were walking down the road from Vybor to Kabanino, After stumbling upon Clumsy and Hassan we begin to RP, Me and hassan exchange words but nothing too harsh.

After a few minutes of RP'ing and walking Vinnie Martin comes up to us and yells who is harrasing Clumsy's character.

After a hole bunch of Talking back in a harsh manner from both sides. My party only consisting of 2 and theirs of 7+, Hassan drops this on us.

2:00 in the video.

[video=youtube]

Here's the entire encounter and it will show that Hassan does indeed initiate by making a threat on our lives.

All i did was simply use my rights and kill you.

I would like to also add, That Hassan did contact me after killing him with a poke "we need to talk."

So when we do, in a channel with two witnesses  Ellie & Clumsy, Hassan was obviously angry in his tone and his choice of words.

Will respond to all questions about my POV

Kill Logs:

04:03:05 | Player "Sonny Mitchell" has been killed by player "Sibatian Novilk"

Hit Logs:

04:03:05 | "Player Sonny Mitchell has fallen into unconsciousness."
04:03:05 | "Sonny Mitchell has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::16991.1"
04:03:05 | "Sibatian Novilk SHOT Sonny Mitchell by SKS into head."
04:03:05 | "Sonny Mitchell STATUS S::16991.1 B::4500 H::4800 HP::0."

Connection Logs:

4:10:21 | Player "Sonny Mitchell" has been disconnected

02:01:46 | Player "Sibatian Novilk" is connected
No disconnection logs

I was there earlier with Hassan, we crashed at the church because a lot of stuff was happening, we were just chatting and hanging about. When I told Hassan I had to go, I heard shots a few seconds later as I was leaving, which I assume was this incident. Regardless of rights this is a roleplay server. Hassan was literally sitting (F3) position under the church stairs, head down, and had posed no threat at all. KOS rights or not (I wasn't there for that), there was literally zero reason to just walk up and kill a guy sitting there harmlessly. That's a prime example of ruleplay and blatant trigger happy players instead of roleplayers.

Hassan and I logged into Vybor Industrial. We heard the rest of our group was in Kab over the radio so we decided to take the road up that way. 

Not five minutes into getting into the server we run into two people. Hassan was roleplaying that Sonny was a bit intoxicated and being more of an ass than usual. At first there isn't too much going on. The two gentlemen compliment Madison on how beautiful she is an this in turn makes Sonny angry as he has feelings for Madison. The three of them start to exchange words as Sonny walks away a few times trying to get Madison to go with him but the two men tell me to wait and confront him in the field. That was when I used my radio to inform our group that we may have an issue. So the members of our group head in our direction and end up crashing when they get into the field. When they return the RP continues and some of the Gamblers catch wind of what's going on and come to check it out. From then it was the new guys arguing with the two men. Sonny kept back and kept to himself making little drunk comments. 

At 2:14 Sonny asks Polly to get the guys out of there before he kills them and At 5:38 in Apollos video you hear Sonny say and I quote "You're luck I had a few fucking drinks tonight because if I didn't they'd be fucking dead." These are not an initiation. This is called Hostile RP something that I think people are getting confused with now a days. After that one of the gamblers tell us to stay away and we do so by walking the other way. After that from the video it looks like Johnny and his men initiated on the accused and his friend. We were down by Vybor again when I got a radio message from Marek that he was being held up in Kab church. I got the message late and his radio was taken before I could find out more. After that I ran up to the church to talk to Johnny who still had the two guys in the church and was informed that they let Marek go and he headed to Stary. The group traveled to stary where we found Marek. By the time we came back to Kab there was no one around the church. I started to feel a bit sick and was going to log off for a few moments and Hassan decided he was going to wait for me. That is when I logged. 

At 2:15 in my video, Hassan says "Pauly, Can you tell these fucking guys to get out of here before i fucking kill them" This gives me my KOS rights on you Hassan.

Also members of your dynamic initiated on Diamond and I. You are also in the same group as Demonte who robbed us. IC and on the forums. You got killed after he provided hostage RP to Diamond and I.

Demonte Is the one providing somewhat hostile RP that starts this thing off, As he was lagging and he tells us that OOCly, He comes back calling me autistic and flaming me IC, Which was good character development.

After killing you Hassan, We went on a mass search for the Gamblers and found them somewhat 30 minutes later at Stary, I bump into Paul Froyer and begin to shoot at him, as he was the main initiator.

So dont think I just killed you for the sake of killing, But My character was not going to sit there like a weakened pigeon but was going to fight back take them down with the element of surprise.

Also, Mid Hostage RP you came down asking for me, But they told you they released the person whom you were searching for, It was a mistake on their behalf as they Released Diamond then.

Staff, Please do take into consideration what he had said to me during the TS chat we had together. Again Witnesses being Clumsy & Ellie.

Clumsy, Please do post your video if possible

Hassan, If you would like, I am willing to talk this out in TS, as long as you are not still angry like you were earlier today.

-snip-

I think you're misunderstanding hostile RP with initiations...all I was trying to do was just be a bit hostile without the need of anybody being shot or initiated on due to my character being drunk and in general the attitude you had while being around us he was not the biggest fan of. 

I attempted to talk this out with you but you were hardly willing to cooperate with anything I was saying so I'll not be attempting again. The fact is Apollo I was sitting down in front of the church role playing with people and even if you thought you had KoS rights you would've been focusing ruleplay over roleplay considering you could've continued the roleplay rather than shooting me in the face without even saying a word to me.

My aim with this whole situation was to prioritize the roleplay in which I tried my best until the gamblers came and took over the situation which lead to me leaving it, you shot me way later for asking Pauly to get you out of here before I shoot you because I was pissed off IC, I wasn't forcing you to leave and I wasn't telling you if you didn't leave that I would kill you, it was directed at somebody else to show the hostile state that I was in before I did do something stupid. I was not in a dynamic group with the gamblers and honestly had no idea that they even initiated on you after I was gone so I had nothing to do with them robbing you.

Also the fact that the Gamblers initiated on one of our friends along with you proves that we were not a dynamic group, it was a misunderstanding but he still initiated on a guy that was close to Clumsy's character in which we had a discussion with him about it where you can hear it in the video.

-Video Has been re-added-

Alright, Hassan You have to understand my POV, First there were only four of us on the road, Then comes Vinnie a Gambler Yelling at us and asking who is harassing Clumsy and honestly he would've only of gotten the information via radio, showing us that they are more than just acquaintances but still. Then come the people who Dc'd and instantly rush in and begin to harass us IC, Calling us Autistic and such. Fast forward till after my release, We run to Vybor and grab a SKS with 20 rounds, Circle back around into Kabanino and look for all initiator members. I'm on the outskirts of town skimming it with my Bino's while Mr.Diamond was on the inside, He walked up to the church and you were saying something along the lines of your friends walked down that way (Vybor way) and then i peaked the corner and said "GoodBye" And shot you.

So, this was the beginning of an hour and a half hunt for the men that captured us, We looked all over the triangle and went through Kab 3 times and stary and Novy. We wanted to kill the remaining of them. As we did get into a firefight earlier that day with men with Yellow armbands and SVD's & FAL's

So making me decide IC'ly that it was indeed the gamblers from observations of what they wear and use.

So, I was not aiming for Ruining your day in particular, But you were the one who was there and visible for us. The first one in line i guess you could say. Also I would like to point out that I was not aware that this could be classified as Ruleplay>Roleplay because it had happend to me one too many times, where i say something and add the "Or I'll Kill you" unaware of what i said and then just get blasted in the face. I had only acted from experience of what I have seen and what I've been through.

-Snip-

So you believe killing an unarmed man sitting down alone with his back against a wall that had a previous slightly hostile encounter with you that never ended with any initiations or anything that would've been serious enough to give you KoS rights is alright?

The fact is that I wasn't with the Gamblers, I wasn't apart of any initiation on you and never did anything to give you KoS rights yet you still just straight up shot me without even roleplaying...you could've taken me hostage for the way I was acting earlier, you could've had some more hostile RP with me now that you had the numbers but no you went for the kill. It's not something I find acceptable in a roleplay community and honestly it's the first time I've been pissed when I died in a very long time because I felt like I was on a public server, just in the future try to understand the difference between being hostile and initiating because that's really what happened here, or either you not properly identifying your targets as I was not with the gamblers and was not wearing a yellow armband or had an SVD or Fal. 

I'm not posting anymore unless asked so we don't get into any back and forth.

Okay, I would've of loved to take you hostage Hassan, But due to the sheer fact that From what my character had seen is that we were walking on a road, Just the four of us then in the span of 2 minutes, A group of gamblers is here, three others are there, Coming into our faces and calling us retarded, The only way that they could've known we were "Harassing" Clumsy was if you told them on the radio. See from my characters Perspective is that you are indeed close friends with them, Even letting us know when you said you were friends with Denver.

Later on Mid hostage rp with the Gamblers, You walk into the church and ask where the guy who was talking shit is. What were you going to do then? I would assume give me some Hostage RP. Showing that you were indeed not against having hostages that were talking trash about you, but you support it. You could've been neutral if you hadn't of come into the church and ask around. Honestly that supported my claim to kill you.

I believe it was quite good roleplay we had before the initiation was dropped. But if you did not like that, I can't force it on you. I understand where you are coming from, that We could've furthred the RolePlay and that is true, We could've but had i of initiated on you at the church, I could only expect the sniper in the hill to shoot me, Or perhaps the men that had just walked down the road to begin sprinting back up to kill me. I was taking precautions to prolong MY characters life. Not those who think they can stand on my character, Those I try to end.

Won't reply after this, unless asked by staff.

[align=left]Alright Apollo first of all I want to point out I'm not mad or have any ill feelings towards you. That being said I'm going to make a list for you ok. Here we go -

1. For starters I'm DeMonte in game.

2. I'm apart of Aeternus (same as Hassan) not the Gamblers.

3. I was one of the three you called "brain dead" and "retarded".

4. Now things would have gone a lot more smoothly if you didn't say those things.

5. Also they indeed radioed the rest of the group as well as some gamblers.

6. However anything that granted KOS was done after the to groups split.

7. Yet I have to say if you were to have shot me, then you would have been in the right (rules wise). As I switched coms to the gamblers to finish talking to you in the church (that ended with me letting one go).

8. Which now brings me to the point that no matter how your character thinks/acts/believes it doesn't go over the fact the you rule played Hassan by just shooting him.

9. Take it from someone who learned the hard way, you could have role played something instead of just shooting because he was 100% not a threat at all to you.

10. So Apollo I'm sorry this went the way it did but just take it as a learning experience bud.

(Also to the staff the rest of my pov can be seen in the video from Apollo's side)

I was there and me apollo and sonny where all beefing then the gamblers came in and robbed us. Everything apollo said is true, Sonny was first in line for the slaughter and we looked for pauly, vinnie etc, Hope that helps just saying what i saw

Re-watching your video Apollo at 7:55 to about 8:05. In that time frame while your hands were up who were you addressing when you said "Don't there are like 7 of them?" You were giving IC information while your hands were up? Then at 8:15 someone joins your TS channel and you inform them you are getting robbed. Then you sit and have a conversation in TS with your hands up.

Re-watching your video Apollo at 7:55 to about 8:05. In that time frame while your hands were up who were you addressing when you said "Don't there are like 7 of them?" You were giving IC information while your hands were up? Then at 8:15 someone joins your TS channel and you inform them you are getting robbed. Then you sit and have a conversation in TS with your hands up.

Had i acted on the information given to one another then it would be a rule break. When the person had joined the TS they were not ingame, so they could not act upon the information given to them OOCly when i told them i was being robbed. This was so they know not to expect me to respond to them whenever they do talk to me.

Had i acted on the information given to one another then it would be a rule break. When the person had joined the TS they were not ingame, so they could not act upon the information given to them OOCly when i told them i was being robbed. This was so they know not to expect me to respond to them whenever they do talk to me.

I think you are generally mistaken and should take a look at the rule again.

03cbb21292.png

Using OR giving information. They don't have to act on it in order for it to be metagaming. You were in the surrender position and you were giving information on the situation to the people in your TS. Even going so far as having a conversation with them.

Look at this report right here

In this report, Dustinray states that he gave information, but it was OOC. Jm Von Cat didn't act on it, and Dustin states it was OOC. Dustin was NOT punished with metagaming, therefore, the same applies in our situation here.

Yet you didn't seem to read the verdict of that report. It was still a rule break but he was given a verbal warning. 

I'll puush that for you as well.

77dd2b495a.png

Now with that being said I have provided more evidence and will refrain from posting unless I find something else to bring to light or asked by staff.

Verdict: Sibatian Novilk | Guilty RDM & Meta-gaming. 

Reason:

Sibatian Novilk, the reviewing party have looked over the evidence provided and came to a conclusion. You claimed that Hassan and Clumsy were apart of a dynamic group with the gamblers when indeed they were not. You first approached them when they were alone and the gamblers arrived soon afterwards. Just because Hassan is friends with the gamblers doesn't mean you can assume he's apart of a dynamic group with them. 

Yes he said something hostile towards you but it was not a direct initiation. He was angry and said what he thought in the heat of the moment He did not demand anything from you. Just because you were backed by the rules does not mean that it was justified. Always prioritise Role-play over rule play as you can see here. 

b06ab43313.png

Meta-gaming:

From your video you were also seen at

, holding your hands above your head. You were talking over teamspeak about the current situation, this is not allowed and is classed as Meta-Gaming. The rule states:

03cbb21292.png 

Just because your friends were not acting upon the information does not justify that it was not meta-gaming. A good thing to take from this and use in the future would be  muting your teamspeak as soon as they told you to put your hands up or have taken your radio. This would avoid any sort of temptation towards saying anything OOC'ly about the current event. 

With the above stated the following applies:

Outcome: Sibatian Novilk | RDM & Metagaming | 5 Day Ban + 1 Banstrike.