Server time: 2017-11-18, 06:34

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cladicus

What are some features you wish would be added to the standalone?

Guest SPIDER_IV

If you are a cannibal, instead of the game saying "I want to eat something", it should say "I want to eat someone"

Boats and more craftable items and less military weapons.

What's wrong with military weapons? There was a military in chernarus before the infection if I recall correctly.

Yeah, but that still doesn't justify how 90% of the people got a hold of a military grade weapon.

My opinion is that military weapons should have the same spawn rates as nvg's in the mod.

Think about it. Chernarus consists of mostly civilian and industrial areas. Sure there is a military as in every country, but the general population would most likely have access only to hunting rifles, shotguns and pistols, not AK's, and definitely not M4's

This still isn't a simulator, however. Making no military weapons won't solve anything but just add unnecessary realism to make the game less enjoyable for less "hardcore" players. Back in mod food spawns were decreased because food would be more "scarce". What ended up was a game that was a billion times harder and it turned off all the casual players due to them dying every two seconds. Normal players will not be happy without their big guns, and then we honey get tryhards.

Boats and more craftable items and less military weapons.

What's wrong with military weapons? There was a military in chernarus before the infection if I recall correctly.

Yeah, but that still doesn't justify how 90% of the people got a hold of a military grade weapon.

My opinion is that military weapons should have the same spawn rates as nvg's in the mod.

Think about it. Chernarus consists of mostly civilian and industrial areas. Sure there is a military as in every country, but the general population would most likely have access only to hunting rifles, shotguns and pistols, not AK's, and definitely not M4's

look at Ukraine or Libya 90% of the weapons were form military bases and 99.9% of the population there owns mil-grade weapons from those bases. plus this is chenarus not the u.s. so they are not that secured.

I would really like to see prison inmate outfits. The orange kind with prison or jail typed over one leg. Color and such varies from country to country, but basically this one.

Protestors+Mark+8th+Anniversary+Opening+Gitmo+ExDOLa_s0p1l.jpg

A pet dog that I can tell to attack zombies and people...

That would be fantastic!

Guest Refected

Cans of hotdogs.. I need those babies

Guest Leuku

Effective cheat prevention.

A pet dog that I can tell to attack zombies and people...

That would be fantastic!

That's going to be added in the last quarter of this year according to the developers.

Could it be possible to add mechanics for digging a grave and also to drag a body into it and preform a proper burial?

Graves exist already and i can see the mechanics being cooperation with lets say digging a stash or a trench, so perhaps it could work?

Horses, mountable, catch them and train them in some kind of interraction, I think vehicles are a little much in mods but horses are more realistic than magical appearing bikes etc

I would like see some survival.

Twenty times more, three times tougher zombies.

Reduced loot table (mostly military).

And trains...

Fursuits. (Joking of course, or am I? But seriously, they would mess them up)

Well, to be honest hoodies that give you the ability to pull the hood up would be nice.

If you are a cannibal, instead of the game saying "I want to eat something", it should say "I want to eat someone"

That would be pretty cool. And the message would become more frequent based off how long it'd been since you ate human meat and not just food. Having a sort of "urge" meter that was separate to your hunger one.

sheets to use as blankets/cloaks/bedding for warmth. waterproof tarps to make a basic shelter when combined with ropes

I like the idea of an integrated radio system, something akin to the ACRE mod for ArmA, using VOIP instead of Teamspeak. I don't know if there are any plans for this, but a boy can dream! :3

I like the idea of an integrated radio system, something akin to the ACRE mod for ArmA, using VOIP instead of Teamspeak. I don't know if there are any plans for this, but a boy can dream! :3

it's kiind of in the game already, just needs expanding upon a lot

Before I start bugging you with questions, please keep in mind that I'm a veteran ArmA player who is new to the standalone DayZ game. :3

So I'm wondering how the radios work? I kind of just assumed that if you had a radio, and the frequency, you were permitted to go into the appropriate teamspeak channel? I was hoping for an ACRE style radio simulation with different types of radios with their own ranges, with variable quality based upon terrain etc. Is that how it works at the moment? Because if so, I'm totally okay with it :3

Before I start bugging you with questions, please keep in mind that I'm a veteran ArmA player who is new to the standalone DayZ game. :3

So I'm wondering how the radios work? I kind of just assumed that if you had a radio, and the frequency, you were permitted to go into the appropriate teamspeak channel? I was hoping for an ACRE style radio simulation with different types of radios with their own ranges, with variable quality based upon terrain etc. Is that how it works at the moment? Because if so, I'm totally okay with it :3

Thats how our imaginary radios function currently but the actual IG walkie talkies functions like ACRE but using the built in VOIP.

It has a range of 800m (including static breakup etc) and has various channels you can cycle through. You talk and it broadcasts into the selected channel and direct.

Thats how our imaginary radios function currently but the actual IG walkie talkies functions like ACRE but using the built in VOIP.

It has a range of 800m (including static breakup etc) and has various channels you can cycle through. You talk and it broadcasts into the selected channel and direct.

Ah gotcha! That's awesome. Thanks for indulging my curiousity dude! :)

Ah gotcha! That's awesome. Thanks for indulging my curiousity dude! :)

My pleasure :) I'm excited to extend it tbh

I just want to see improved camping/ base building ..

Also I would like DayZ to be more hardcore.. Almost every city should be filled with zombies and it would be very risky to enter the cities.. So in order so survive you would have to live in the wild and therefore creat small survivor camps or maybe if you had the strength and man power you could try and kill all the zombies in a town and take it over to make a safehaven.. Like in The Walking Dead

I wish they would let you and your friends spawn together. Maybe some sort of party idea. For example i create a group with 2 friends including myself. The party leader joins a server and then you spawn together at a certain location. Of course this would not be applicable to players who are not fresh spawns. It would make looting up a lot more fun in my opinion.

I just want to see improved camping/ base building ..

Also I would like DayZ to be more hardcore.. Almost every city should be filled with zombies and it would be very risky to enter the cities.. So in order so survive you would have to live in the wild and therefore creat small survivor camps or maybe if you had the strength and man power you could try and kill all the zombies in a town and take it over to make a safehaven.. Like in The Walking Dead

The dev plan on making zombies lethal. Its just pre-alpha atm as i'm sure you know.