Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:22

Sign in to follow this  
Guest callum828

Requesting Character data from server

Question

Guest callum828   
Guest callum828

I have this problem whenever i try to join, i have updated my versions and still no luck. Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Reacher    0

If you mean you get the screen that continuously counts, while requesting character data, sometimes it's best to:

1. Wait it out, see what happens.

2. Alt+tab, manually close DayZ through right-clicking the icon in the bottom tray; then restart the game and join the server again.

Sometimes the issue can occur when you attempt to login too soon after a server restart, which usually requires a game restart and rejoining attempt.

See how that works.

Khardia    0

I'd say everything Reacher already said, but add that you may have to wait until next restart to join... It sometimes happen and a restart fixes the problem.

The 2 above me said everything I can think of, but have you tried to connect to another of of the servers while you wait? and is it the same problem?

Guest callum828   
Guest callum828

Hey guys, got some new info. Okay so when i try to join i get that screen, i have kept it on there for about an hour and nothing, my friend who was already on the server said I was kicked for "Set variable restriction #20". This also happens for other mods such as Dayz Origins, Breaking point, and now RP.

Hey guys, got some new info. Okay so when i try to join i get that screen, i have kept it on there for about an hour and nothing, my friend who was already on the server said I was kicked for "Set variable restriction #20". This also happens for other mods such as Dayz Origins, Breaking point, and now RP.

Have you tried to connect to one of the other servers? there a currently 4 up. If so do you have the same issue still?

I know some of these variable restriction error things make it so people cant reconnect until a restart

Guest callum828   
Guest callum828

I get the same thing for all 4 servers. And this is after i re installed the game.

Reacher    0

Which version of ArmA 2 are you using? The full version or the free lite?