Server time: 2018-02-19, 06:15

King of the Castle - Lopatino (Melee only - OOC Event)
TODAY - 2018-02-20 00:00:00 (server time) - Starts in 17 hours, 44 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
Bauglir2011

S1 Killing a complying hostage

Server and location: S1 near Vybor (on the main road from Vybor towards Kabanino)

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 19:02 server time or so, 25.12.2015

Your in game name: Kirill Nabokov

Names of allies involved: Grigori Akhatar, Ragnar Voss (another hostage)

Name of suspect/s: Unknown, I'm sure the logs will tell.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): none

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): none

Detailed description of the events:

So me and my friend Grigori are travelling from Kabanino to Vybor. While dashing trough the field, we notice a hostage situation. A guy is holding Ragnar Voss handcuffed on the ground. So we decide to aproach them and see what is going on. I've got there first, while Grigori stayed behind for overwatch. The only thing I was able to say was hello, after meeting the bandit, he immediately raises his weapon and tells me to put my hands in the air. So I gave my gun on my back and raised my hands. After that Grigori decided to shoot at the bandit. He starts panicking and looks for Grigori. Meanwhile I'm laying on the ground with my hands on my head. After the bandit gets some hits from Grigori he decides to kill me. He just sprayed me with his AKM, even I wasn't a threat to him anymore. After my death, Grigori killed the bandit and freed the hostage.

Chat Logs:

17:58:28 | Chat(Dr. Conor Flint): DROP YOUR WEAPON AND PUT YOUR HANS ON YOUR HEAD 10 SECONDS TO COMPLY

Hit Logs:

[spoiler=Kirill Nabokov]

18:01:06 | Dr. Conor Flint SHOT Kirill Nabokov by AKM into pelvis.
18:01:06 | Kirill Nabokov STATUS S::2500 B::2500 H::4000 HP::0.
18:01:06 | Dr. Conor Flint SHOT Kirill Nabokov by AKM into pelvis.
18:01:06 | Kirill Nabokov STATUS S::3000 B::2000 H::3800 HP::0.
18:01:07 | Dr. Conor Flint SHOT Kirill Nabokov by AKM into pelvis.
18:01:07 | Kirill Nabokov STATUS S::3500 B::1500 H::3600 HP::0.
18:01:07 | Kirill Nabokov STATUS S::4000 B::1000 H::3400 HP::0.
18:01:07 | Kirill Nabokov STATUS S::4500 B::500 H::3200 HP::0.
18:01:07 | Kirill Nabokov STATUS S::5000 B::0 H::3000 HP::0.

[spoiler=Dr Conor Flint]

18:01:08 | Grigori Akhatar SHOT Dr. Conor Flint by AKM into LeftLeg.
18:01:08 | Dr. Conor Flint STATUS S::1940 B::3001 H::4095 HP::0.
18:01:08 | Dr. Conor Flint STATUS S::2440 B::2501 H::3895 HP::0.
18:01:08 | Dr. Conor Flint STATUS S::2940 B::2001 H::3695 HP::0.
18:01:09 | Dr. Conor Flint STARTS BLEEDING.
18:01:09 | Player Dr. Conor Flint has fallen into unconsciousness.
18:01:09 | Dr. Conor Flint has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::7522.99
18:01:09 | Grigori Akhatar SHOT Dr. Conor Flint by AKM into Head.
18:01:09 | Dr. Conor Flint STATUS S::7522.99 B::1502 H::3495 HP::0.
18:01:09 | Dr. Conor Flint has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::13023.9
18:01:09 | Grigori Akhatar SHOT Dr. Conor Flint by AKM into Head.
18:01:09 | Dr. Conor Flint STATUS S::13023.9 B::1002 H::3295 HP::0.

Kill Logs:

18:01:07 | Player Kirill Nabokov has been killed by player Dr. Conor Flint
18:01:09 | Player Dr. Conor Flint has been killed by player Grigori Akhatar

Calling Conor Flint and Grigori Akhatar into this report.

My POV:

I am the one who was the bandit in this situation and when i was getting shot at by your friend I clearly shouted at you "Tell your friend to stop shooting or you are dead" I repeat this several times until i kill you for not complying.

My POV:

I am the one who was the bandit in this situation and when i was getting shot at by your friend I clearly shouted at you "Tell your friend to stop shooting or you are dead" I repeat this several times until i kill you for not complying.

How can your hostage contact his friend if he is lying on the ground with his hands up? He cannot operate a radio that way.

My POV:

And can you tell me how should I tell him trough the fire fight? It was pretty noisy. And I can't use my radio, when I'm having my hands on my head.

My POV:

Most of my POV is already covered by Bauglir as I was running there in the same way as he was, we saw a man laying on the ground and a man standing above him with a gun, I standing at overwatch see that he raises his gun and aims at Kirill I give it a second and start shooting from my AKM. At that point He hid behind Kirill I stopped spraying and mostly started tapshooting so I don't kill Kirill the next thing I saw was only him spraying Kirill down. I killed him a second later. Unfortunately I do not have video evidence.

Let me give a more detailed POV:

I'm in the middle of holding him up when I get shot at at least 1 bullet hit me. I get close to his friend and shout "Tell your friend to stop shooting or you are dead" I say this when there is no bullets flying so even if he can't contact his friend via TS his friend would have clearly heard what I said from the distance he was at and he could have also said to him in-game to stop. But even after I said that repeatedly he continues to fire at me so I kill him and later get killed myself.

Ragnar Voss here.

My pov: Running down road from Kabanino to Vaybor. Got text initiated on, and stopped, dropped weapon and put my hands up. Got tied up and was flat on the ground in the middle of the road. Saw a man run up to the bandit. Bandit circled around him and instantly threatened him. The man dropped weapon and put hands up and went down on the ground like myself. I heard a shot, and the bandit said "Tell your friend to stop shooting" and then almost instantly shot the other man on the ground. There was no time to talk inbetween the "Tell your friend to stop shooting" and the killing of the hostage.

Got no video of it, I am however on ts (Ragnar) if a talk is needed etc.

Verdict:

Conor Flint - RDM/Killing a Compliant Hostage - Word vs. Word

Reason:

Staff has taken into account all of the evidence and has come to the conclusion that there is not sufficient evidence to give a guilty punishment.

What can be seen from the logs is the following. A text initiation followed by hit logs two and a half minutes later. While it goes without saying. We as staff would like to remind the accused that shooting should be a last resort as it effectively ends any sort of roleplay and story development in that particular situation. In our rules it states.

1a85402603.png

This section applies to this situation wholesomely and while a lack of evidence is present in this case. A level of learning can still be achieved here. In situations similar to these we also urge to record, as it can paint a picture more clearly and allow us to truly see what had happened.

With the above stated the following applies:

Outcome:

Conor Flint - RDM/Killing a Compliant Hostage - Word vs. Word [No Action Taken]