Server time: 2017-08-20, 15:41

Sign in to follow this  
iparodyall

LONE WANDERER CHANNEL 99.7

iparodyall    15

The channel has been changed to "99.7" due to being a group frequency!

Look, its tedious finding people on a radio, its clunky changing channels, the battery runs dry when you leave it on hoping for a response.

So i had an idea that maybe could help us all out.

What do you guys think if you decided upon a channel where you could meet people. Sort of like a lone survivor network?

The first thing i want in dayz is interaction, I'm not in a group so i have to search for people. If we could all perhaps use channel 99.7 we could open up players to more interactions, more hostile and friendly RP, as well as displaying our kick ass RP for eavesdropping groups looking for new recruits!

Now this won't be official or required in any way i know, but if we all just turn out radios to 99.7 just a couple times and partake in some radio contact we might actually make this a new trend.

What do you guys think? Would you do it a few times just to start up a new roleplaying path for the lone wanderers like us?

And for those thinking the channel might get crowded, theres plenty of other channels to use, plus just listening will be fun.

See you in the Apocalypse!

Zilly    52

Sounds like a lovely idea to me. And, if necessary, people could just poke each other on TS with a different radio frequency if the 102.5 channel gets a bit too crowded to have any actual conversation.

Ender    502

Oh i didnt notice this wasnt actually in radio chatter Um i've only got one problem

102.5 is the Unnamed frequency

and i believe i gave johnny jones that frequency Ic once at least i think i did

zoyo    65

Sounds like a good idea to me, just have to spread the word and make it common knowledge that 102.5 is the channel to go to. Also keep in mind bandits will be listening too, you'll have to be careful. :)

iparodyall    15

Sounds like a lovely idea to me. And, if necessary, people could just poke each other on TS with a different radio frequency if the 102.5 channel gets a bit too crowded to have any actual conversation.

THE CHANNEL HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 99.7

iparodyall    15

I'd be up for monitoring it for distress calls xD

Yeah i'm trying to start it up so that the in-game radio gets some use, it makes things more random and interesting!

Everstorm00    1

I will be honest with you, this idea is very good but... to me it sounds more like Radio "rob me" because you will say to strangers where is your location and the most important you say that you are alone.

If you have a way to make people NOT rob those on this channel i will be more than happy to try it too.

iparodyall    15

I will be honest with you, this idea is very good but... to me it sounds more like Radio "rob me" because you will say to strangers where is your location and the most important you say that you are alone.

If you have a way to make people NOT rob those on this channel i will be more than happy to try it too.

true, but you don't have to tell people your location, just have fun and RP. :)

I can tell people i am at GM with 20 people and be in stary by myself, its not so much about groups or meeting up, rather a place where great RP can be had just like on the radio chatter forum!