Server time: 2017-08-21, 16:05

Sign in to follow this  
WorldDeastroyer

Random Deaths

Question

Has anyone dealt with the problem of just randomly dying?

It has happened to me several times now (Five I think) the first two times were when I was going down stairs sprinting so I stopped doing that thinking "Hey maybe its just bugging thinking your falling from higher up." But the past three times I have been running on near flat surfaces, maybe slight declines but like no visible height that would cause someone to die even while sprinting.

Some side things, no I was no starving or dehydrated (Light Green in both fields even been having the Healthy Tab up too) No Zombies nearby, kinda easy to hear them, and no audible gunshots and stuff.

More confusing then frustrating, even though I normally have my kit the way I want it in regards to items I prefer and stuff along the sort of huntsmen vibe (hunting gear and stuff), but like i just want to know if anyone else is having these issues too or if its just me being a bit too hasty and stuff, in which case i am trying to slow down lol.

Any who thanks to anyone who responds with a answer or suggestion, or if anyone else is having the same issues.

Cheers!

WorldDeastroyer (I.C. Jason Ryden.)

12 answers to this question

I've been killed countless times by the game since I started playing. Usually it happens when I'm on the second story of a building, which vaulting can help to stop. I've never really heard of it happening outside of a building unless the game still thinks you're inside due to desync or whatever. Maybe try to vault when you go upstairs and when you leave a house, could help a bit.

Ellie    335

/moved to questions

Apparently there's a bug with this present patch. Best thing to do if you get a random "You Are Dead" screen is to relog to confirm if you're actually dead or not. Hitting "Respawn" will in fact give you a new spawn and your gear will be gone; however, if you relog, you may respawn where you were prior to the death screen, still alive.

edit: This is in regards to those random deaths that aren't related due to two story buildings.

Stradic    264

^ I would go with the suggestion Shark said about relogging. This has happened to me twice so far where i was simply running along a road and just died, my mate said my body just simply vanished so relogging may possibly fix this.

Coreena    91

One of my group members have died repeatedly just from simply the servers getting DDOSS'd and him having to reconnect and disconnect from the servers.

EDIT: He never received a "You Are Dead" screen, he simply spawned on the coast once he logged in.

Ender    506

I have actually posted on the subreddit about this very issue to help testing and got some pretty good responses

Give it a look Here

Also have a post on the feedback tracker about the issue aswell link in the reddit post

One of my group members have died repeatedly just from simply the servers getting DDOSS'd and him having to reconnect and disconnect from the servers.

EDIT: He never received a "You Are Dead" screen, he simply spawned on the coast once he logged in.

That is a completely different problem actually. that happened due to the fact the server wasnt connected to the main hive (s1) at the time of him logging in, which in turn it couldnt give him his character and gave him a new one, once the server reconnected to the hive it saw he already had a character and deleted the old one with the new one he just got.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Gonna try to get on see if logging back in fixes it, didn't hit respwawn cuz I was a bit frustrated. Will update upon conclusion, thanks for the responses and info though really appreciate it. :)

Results inconclusive cuz I think I MIGHT have hit re spawn as I came back on the coast, though I was on US Server when it happened and tried switching over to French server so don't know if that had anything to due with it but. Anywho if it happens again guess I will respond here after i try relogging and NOT hitting respawn.

Voodoo    366

Just last night I drank from my water bottle a few times and noticed I wasn't getting hydrated. After some time I gave up and left then the server went down. On restart I then noticed hydration and stuffed were added to my status.

I'm guessing the issue is the game isn't registering properly your status meaning random deaths could be dehydration or starvation without the game warning you.

Could be but I never had that issue yet I always made sure I was topped off without puking and never went long enough without at least drinking some or eating some. But like I said next time it happens I will make sure I make an update because I guess I can see I am not the only one suffering this.

For now I guess, so I guess it can be archived until I necro it in the future pending the situation happen again and I can test to see if the suggestions above work or not, to me seems like a beneficial topic to those that also suffer from this bug.