Server time: 2017-10-24, 09:27
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Panda1

Killing robbers

Guest Panda1   
Guest Panda1

So say you are walking down the road and see a group of robbers robbing a group of guys. What do you do? Are you allowed to intervene and kill the robbers? Im somewhat new and have read the rules but they don't really state this answer.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

If you identify the robbers correctly, and that they are robbing, then yes.

Yes this is fraught with difficulty.

1) They may not be robbing

2) You may not identify them correctly

3) You may escalate the situation causing the people they are robbing to get killed which they were attempting to avoid by complying

And if I remember correctly, you still have to interact with them, though I am sure a GM can correct me if I am wrong. Just because you see someone shooting someone else doesn't give you KoS rights on the first person, doubly so on robbery.

Goz    2

Yes this is fraught with difficulty.

1) They may not be robbing

2) You may not identify them correctly

3) You may escalate the situation causing the people they are robbing to get killed which they were attempting to avoid by complying

And if I remember correctly, you still have to interact with them, though I am sure a GM can correct me if I am wrong. Just because you see someone shooting someone else doesn't give you KoS rights on the first person, doubly so on robbery.

I sign under those words, thanks Mel Drake ! :)

Problem with being 'heroic' is that you may not have all facts at hand, robbers might kill the surrendering victims due to your actions and instead of helping you just angered both victims and robbers. Another factor that comes into play is RP background, helping out your enemies by killing enemies that are robbing them isn't much logical :).

Oh, missed one sentence : You DONT need to make contact if you are a witness.

-KG-    0

Pretty sure you dont HAVE to make contact if u witness something like this, but i would recommend holding your fire until the robbed people are out of harms way, as Mel said you dont want to escalate the situation and get them killed.

However you are taking a risk, failure to properly ID your targets will be seen as a KoS offence.

And it may not be a robbery at all, it could just be a random role play checkpoint where everyone gets to walk away with all their belongings...if you then open fire it would be less than ideal :)