Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:39
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Oscar Coates

Oscar Coates - My name ...

Oscar Coates    11

My name, is Oscar Coates. I’m 20 years old and for the third time in my life, I am scared, I fear what the future holds, and I am seeking help.

I was born on the 6th March 1995 into an amazing family, I had parents that loved me, my brothers and adored their friends, colleagues and not to mention the world they lived in. They had done well for themselves in life, they we’re both in very well paid jobs and loved their work. Even though we we’re in quite a higher class family, with a very good upbringing, our parents taught myself, and my three brothers exactly how to treat life, and how to tackle the curveballs that life will throw at us, taught us how to manage our money, how to talk to people, martial arts … the works!

I specifically remember one quote my dad used a lot when I was younger, and it’s stuck with me for my entire life, and I still use it up until this day, it reminds me, that no matter how lucky you are … no matter how much of a good upbringing you have had, it’s knowledge and experience that is going to get you through life, not wealth, not power.

“Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich and a tragedy for the poor.”

When I turned sixteen, I got offered a job in a small town called Castle Donington, which meant me moving away from home, in Rotheram. Rotheram was a fifty-mile journey down the famous M1 Motorway, which in all fairness, only took an hour to drive … that’s if the traffic is good, but eighty percent of the time, it’s not. Moving away from home was the first time, I was scared, It was the first time I was going to leave home, be away from my family, be away from my brothers who mean the world too me. I guess it wasn’t too hard for Aaron, because he’s a pilot.

During my time living in Castle Donington, I was working as a property surveyor, I was that guy that would come to the place where you are building your house and make sure that you’re following building regulations to approve the next part to your mortgage … yes … that guy! It was good money, I enjoyed it, but working in the financial sector wasn’t my dream in life.

It had always been my dream to go into my local Police force, since I turned 17 I had been applying every six months, with no luck … which is when I decided that I was going to move away, much further away. I hadn’t told any of my family this, but I had applied to join the Chernarus National Guard, which was basically the Police force, which covered the whole of Chernarus, Russia. The CNG, of which I guess I’ll refer to it as now, was recruiting for English speaking officers to join their ranks, due to the influx of English speaking people that had applied for citizenship before this crisis, which meant that the Russian speaking natives, we’re not able to enforce law and keep peace effectively, so I took this opportunity.

The second time I have ever been afraid, moving three-thousand-six-hundred miles away from home, crossing two seas’ and another three thousand miles of mainland. Being that far away from home, my friends, my family, to pursue a dream, it almost didn’t feel worth it.

I’ve been here for a little over two years now, I arrived on the 2nd December 2014. My time and service within the CNG had been amazing, I met so many amazing people, and I wouldn’t have changed meeting them for the world … at the time, but then everything changed.

I completely forgot to mention one more thing, I am not alone, I used to live near my brother, in the same town, called Lopatino, he used to work for some gas company, flying helicopters or something, I never got the full story. The only thing is, I’ve not seen him in a year, I’ll get onto that in a second.

It is now the 15th December 2015, for the third time in my life, I am scared, this is the first time I have sat down and actually written something since the outbreak, and I need help. My name, is Oscar Coates, my brother, Aaron Coates is out there somewhere. I need help, and I cannot do this alone anymore, I fear for my life, but I will continue to help anyone who I come across, every two weeks, I will re-visit Lopatino, and if you’re reading this, and you need help, set up camp … wait for me and I will come and help you, during times like this, people need to stick together and we need to remember the good that humanity can still do.

Finally, Aaron, if you’re reading this, I love you. I will find you, and I am so happy that you’re still alive. When I do find you, I hope to hell you haven’t lost your touch with that BB-Gun that mum took from you when we were young, I think you’re going to need to use the practice, I’ll keep an eye out for Reece too, you never know, if this crazy shit has happened, there is a possibility he could turn up.

To conclude this, if you’re reading, I am going to be heading to Nagornoe next, I am pretty sure I might be able to find somewhere to set up camp for a few days, and find something to defend myself with. I wish you the best of luck.

Signed,

Corporal. Oscar Coates

Belated, Chernarus National Guard

Jamie    1418

Nice read. Like to see more.

Sign in to follow this