Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:33
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
johnm5425

Community Stories

johnm5425    2

I've been thinking about writing a some fiction for my character to put on the forum, but I'm not really sure how to approach it.

So what I'm asking is what do you think makes a good story on the forum? 

And

If you do write for the forum what advice would you give?

Clumsy    226

I would say it's however you want to approach it. Some people write their story as if the reader has opened a book and it's all in third person. Some people just post up a journal and write in posts of the day. Their thoughts, ideas, what happened to them, where they see themselves going. There are so many ways you can go about it.

johnm5425    2

I would say it's however you want to approach it. Some people write their story as if the reader has opened a book and it's all in third person. Some people just post up a journal and write in posts of the day. Their thoughts, ideas, what happened to them, where they see themselves going. There are so many ways you can go about it.

I agree, I write a little IRL and study English, personally I was looking for answers more specific to DayzRp.

But I'm still undecided on what person to do it in.

Brad    158

Have a look around the lore and stories section, see if a style sparks your interest.

People like to read, combining your stories with appealing visuals can help (not completely necessary but nicer than a wall of text).

Good stories are unique ones.  No one wants to hear about your characters military accomplishments and medals, find out what make them unique and write about that.  Make them human, someone people can identify with.

Something like that.

In the end write what you have fun writing, if people like it, then great, if not, screw em'! ;)

johnm5425    2

Have a look around the lore and stories section, see if a style sparks your interest.

People like to read, combining your stories with appealing visuals can help (not completely necessary but nicer than a wall of text).

Good stories are unique ones.  No one wants to hear about your characters military accomplishments and medals, find out what make them unique and write about that.  Make them human, someone people can identify with.

Something like that.

In the end write what you have fun writing, if people like it, then great, if not, screw em'! ;)

Thanks, I think I'm my own worst critic when it comes to writing. But I think I'll have a good look through the section.

Can anyone recommended their personal favorite story on the forum?

Brad    158

Something like that.

Thanks, I think I'm my own worst critic when it comes to writing. But I think I'll have a good look through the section.

Kattica, and Aurora have some good stories (Im sure others could be recommended, dont get a chance to read as many as id like).  Take a look at ones with a good amount of views and replies usually means there is a bit of content to go through.

johnm5425    2

Something like that.

Kattica, and Aurora have some good stories.  Take a look at ones with a good amount of views and replies usually means there is a bit of content to go through.

Yeah I've been reading theirs, what about some older content? Any good stories you liked in the depths of the forum?

zoyo    70

There is a lot of people writing in the lore and stories section these days. Some really great lore / background stories from peoples characters and logs of current in game events, such as journals. You should give some of them a look, figure out whether or not you want to do something similar.

Also, writing a journal on the forums can affect your in game RP as well. I know of some people who RP writing in their journal / diary while they play.

What ever you decide to do, good luck.

Ellie    335

Kattica, and Aurora have some good stories.  Take a look at ones with a good amount of views and replies usually means there is a bit of content to go through.

Yeah I've been reading theirs, what about some older content? Any good stories you liked in the depths of the forum?

Skeleton has some pretty good ones. Also The Marshall

Ronan    29

In my opinion, it's all in the details. A good story always has to have good descriptions that interest the reader with uses of devices like Alliteration, Metaphors etc.

Ronan    29

If you want a good character development story/ character background, I'd definitely check out Inside The Mind Of A Sociopath I'll link it here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Inside-The-Mind-Of-A-Sociopath

Absolutely amazing story.