Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:24
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
DerrickStorm

Question about banditry

Question

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]Hi,

[align=justify]I have a question about "quick robberies". Is it allowed to provide a long neutral RP before robbery and after that rob someone in short timeframe? Is this going to be considered "5 second robbery"? Or is the neutral RP before robbery also counting as a whole provided RP in the robbery - even if the beginning doesn't indicate the a robbery will take place. 

[align=justify]It happend to me and to be honest even if I have mixed feelings about it, I consider it as a acceptable thing to do - RP for lets say 20-30 minutes before robbery than dropping a initiation and after that giving 5-10 minutes robbery roleplay before running away.

[align=justify]I also need an answer to that for future references if I would like to try different character out.

[align=justify]I hope I made my question clear. But long story short: Does the RP before the robbery count to the whole robbery experience and therefor can the robbery itself last only few minutes?

[align=justify]Thanks for all the answers and opinions in advance!

10 answers to this question

Zunn    0

I would personally say if there is substantial RP before hand then it shouldn't matter how long the actual robbery takes, that being said I wouldn't really say 5 seconds is long enough. Also robbery RP doesn't NEED to be long it just has to be good RP, it's just in order to show good RP it might take a while. But if the robber shows good RP before hand, what's the problem? As long as he has an IC reason to rob you after just spending 20 minutes with you there should be no problem IMO.

Shark    0

I believe you're taking the phrase "10 second robbery" too literally. The timeframe itself is irrelevant; however, you're expected and required to provide roleplay during the encounter. If you're RPing with someone for half an hour, then decide to initiate on them, restrain them, and then provide zero roleplay from that point on, I'd expect the person you rob to get a bit salty. Just make sure you have a valid IC reason for the initiation, provide good roleplay throughout the entire encounter, and you'll be fine. The duration of the robbery itself is largely irrelevant as long as there's RP that goes with it.

Prince    119

Someone needs to make a video guide with good and bad examples of banditry....

There is one made by the al takesh( spelling?)  i think

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]Someone needs to make a video guide with good and bad examples of banditry....

[align=justify]That would be a very nice thing to see, especially for people that would like to jump straight into banditry with some guidelines.

[align=justify]Thank you for all the answers and opinions. I was just curious about how it's perceive the banditry/hostile RP itself. My question isn't directed at anybody -I really like having a better understanding of all rules - even those that rarely apply to the situations I'm mostly in. 

Jannik    0

I do not think there is a problem with 5-10 min robberies as long as you rp with the person before the robbery. let's say 15-30 minutes before

but remember to make it interesting rp so people do not feel cheated

do you feel that you've got an answer?

Osaka    24

I suppose being robbed of everything but your underwear and then told to "fuck off" in a direction "or die". then the RP would be boring quickly.

If you have to rob people, do something interesting. Not a "drop weps 10 secs run north" robbery. Those are boring.