Server time: 2017-08-20, 15:29

Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Interview with Phoenix

Ark    202

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week I interviewed:

Phoenix

Thank you so much for participating!

~ Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

I am 20 years old and live in Essex (UK). I love tacos & DC Comics, have a fear of clowns and creepy girls with long black hair that crawl out of TV's and love graphic design, photo editing, photography and everything to do around graphic art. I have pretty much taught myself photoshop and graphic design and have created plenty of community artwork for DayZRP in the past, currently being the "head of project" of the monthly newsletter media team (Chernarus EXTRA) with Volke and enjoy it a lot! 

~ How has your DayZRP experience been? ~

My experience here has been quite a ride and I honestly wouldn't want to change a thing about it. I've been a part of several groups even lead 2 groups myself which was a crazy experience and a hand full of work but I enjoyed every aspect of it and I am greatful that I have found a community that makes me feel welcome and allows me to enjoy what I love most - gaming. 

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

I have made plenty and I feel really blessed for being able to call these people my friends. A lot of you are like family to me and I tolerate each and every one of you for who you are. Big shoutout to everyone who is still putting up with me. You guys are honestly amazing. One weekend Conor, Kanen, Voodoo and me all met up in London and had a great time and we are planning to do it more often. I really have to say I made friends for life in this community especially Kanen who has become my best friend in a few months and now we are really close and meet up quite often to hang out and talk on the phone or whatsapp pretty much 24/7. 

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

What would be cool is definitely a new layout of the webside, more awards being held and more events to bring the community closer together. Apart from that, nothing currently comes to mind. 

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

My first ever day ingame was probably the most memorable. The first ever person I met was Percy Winsor (JohnnyThunders) who  is honestly responsible for me finding my place in this community and making my character the way she is. We traveled around for a while and met the Wolves on the same day. Jamie and Ron welcomed me with open arms, showed me the hang of things and helped me develope my chatacter story. Without these guys it all probablt would've turned out different and I am very greatful that I got to meet them all on my first day as they are now all good friends of mine.

~ If a Zombie apocalypse would happen in Real life, what would you do and what items would try to take with you? ~

I would take a plunger. Because you can use the stick to smash their brains in and the sucky rubber bit on the end to squeeze against their heads. Honestly tho? I would probably die.

~ How would you describe your playstyle on our Servers? ~

I have always been a survivor kind of RPer and that will never change. I enjoy the good old campfire RP and am not really a fan of firefights unless there's no other way. I have tried bandit RP before when I was part of the BTR  and enjoyed it a lot too but my heart will always beat for the classic survivor. A little bit of a twist to it. I can be very nasty if I want to and somebody insults me. I am not scared of killing yet I can be a hero also. As you can see it varies on in character development and situations. 

~ Is there anything in particular that you're looking forward to with DayZSA? ~

I am more or less a bit of a fashionista and love dressing my character up currently going for a green check shirt, brown hunter pants, a green facemask, beige beanie and brown boots. What I would love to see added is more clothes. As many as possible. So I can keep playing dress up with my character. I'd also love to see base building and Zombies. For once. 

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

It's quite simply a place where I can come to switch off my mind from problems and real life stuff and can talk to my friends, enjoy quality roleplay and most importantly I can be myself without being judged for it (Most of the time). Currently I feel like the Community is going through a rough patch due to a lot of black sheeps in the system that feel like it's appropriate to ruin everyone's mood just to look cool infront of their friends. Hopefully this will settle down eventually as we are supposed to be a mature gaming community and not a nursery school. 

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? ~

In my opinion the most important tip for newcomers is to become a part of the community. Be active in the forums, get to know people, interact with others and even sit in the newcomer channel and have a chat with people. You will soon notice thst this community is not only all ingame stuff but the forums are also a vital part. Also a good tip is to stay away from bandit RP until you fully understand the rules and have experience quality bandit RP yourself ingame so you get sn Idea of how to roleplay otherwise it may result in being banned for bad RP or 5 second robbery. We don't want that, right? I would also say that if you are interested in being a staff member sometime in the future, don't wait for an introduction thrrad and literally copy and paste the same message to everyone on there as it gets quite annoying quickly and makes you look try-hardy. Be creative and actually read the posts before you comment and make sure you're active in the general discussions and not only in the welcome posts. Most importantly: Give it time. 

~ Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community? ~

As mentioned above - lately there seems to be an "uprising" of try-hard cool kids. People think it makes them cool to push the limits of the community, comment innapropriate or rude things just to show off the wannabe thug inside of them infront of their friends who will sit in the background watching their actions and applauding them when they have successfully pissed someone else off. What we have to remember here is that we are a mature gaming community where we are supposed to tolerate eachother and not bully them or try to push their limits just because it all happens on the internet. We are all grown up and not in nursery school anymore. Respect everyone for who they are and if you don't like someone just ignore them. Simple as that. No need to let your beef out on others or start being completely inapropriate. I feel like this had to be adressed as it's currently the biggest Issue. So what I want to see more of within the community is simply: more tolerance

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

Brad    155

Awesome! Another great interview!

Thanks for the interview!

Hassan    381

Thanks Phoenix, well done.

Ellie    335

Thanks penix <3 I mean Phoenix.. Awesome interview :D

Very nice Jo :)!

Were was my invite to London :o Next time Im going to camp in a tree and initiate on you :o!

zoyo    65

Great interview.

Well done Phoenix! :)

Roach    1542

Very nice interview and well said on many points Phoenix :)

Glad you were also able to make real life friends and connect so well with people.

This community is great !

Phoenix    1055

Thanks everyone for the kind words :) Was fun doing this!

Very nice interview and well said on many points Phoenix :)

Glad you were also able to make real life friends and connect so well with people.

This community is great !

I feel really greatful for all the people I can call my friends on here. Makes every day special and I would not want to change a thing :)

What had to be said in the interview is the uprising of cool-kids. It's simply something we have to try and battle all together.

That last answer was pretty on point.

Clumsy    142

<3 My Bae

Phoenix    1055

<3 My Bae

I love you <3

Ramon    334

Nice interview! And Amen to your last words! ;)

Great interview Phoenix. :D

Haha, great interview!

Have to say, plunger is probably the most interesting answer I've seen to that question.

Alex    451

Haha, great interview!

Have to say, plunger is probably the most interesting answer I've seen to that question.

Agreed, not sure a plunger is the best weapon, but its unique, at least.