Server time: 2017-10-21, 14:01
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Max

Foreigners in Chernarus

Guest Max   
Guest Max

Since there is no way we can force someone to make a Chernarussian character, is there anyway that the LM team can possibly explain why there would be so many foreigners in Chernarus at the time of the outbreak?

Faith    732

Agreed some people have to make a story of why they ended up in Chernarus but I would like for some people to have an excuse from the lore

Hellish    0

I believe that is up to the person to explain? That is if they want to. I honestly don't see why it matters so much that we need to make multiple threads about this.

Guest Max   
Guest Max

-snip-

It just doesn't make sense. It is a huge discrepancy and I was just wondering if there would be a proper explanation.

-snip-

There are so many foreigners in America because there is no such thing as an 'Ethnic American'. America is  a nation based on immigration, Chernarus isn't.

Nolan    0

Why are there so many foreigners in America??

Because Trump hasn't built his wall yet kappa.

PjF5ZrA.png

A small reason why there are more foreigners is because more Chernarussians are dead, as they are tied down to family, friends, property etc that could make it harder to survive. I mean, most of the zombies you see are probably Chernarussians too.

EDIT: To elaborate, most Chernarussians live in the big cities where an infection would spread quickly. They would find it harder to leave family, friends, property etc, which would keep them static in a dangerous place, resulting in more locals being killed.

Defiance    96

My character has his reasons for being in Chernarus before the outbreak. Doesn't everyone else's character have their reasons as well?

Guest Max   
Guest Max

My character has his reasons for being in Chernarus before the outbreak. Doesn't everyone else's character have their reasons as well?

Alot of people have reasons, but some just say that they moved here. I would like an explanation on why foreigners would move to a developing nation and not just stay in their first world country. Especially considering the fact that less than a decade ago there was an ethnic cleansing of Chernarussians in South Zagoria.

Nolan    0

Alot of people have reasons, but some just say that they moved here. I would like an explanation on why foreigners would move to a developing nation and not just stay in their first world country. Especially considering the fact that less than a decade ago there was an ethnic cleansing of Chernarussians in South Zagoria.

I've never ever met a foreigner that moved to Chernarus ingame. However I agree with you that it's often a pretty dumb backstory.

Gina    26

Most common "backstory" what I've heard as to why they (foreigner) are here, is vacation. Kinda interesting place to go for a vacation :D but I bet those are the "stories" what are made on a spot.

I play primarily foreign characters who are living in Chernarus. I enjoy playing a variety of ethnicities. Though, I like to make it my personal goal to make as realistic of a reason to remain in Chernarus. I totally understand your reasons to say many characters should be Chernarussian, but many people have a lot of trouble with Czech accents and with speaking the language.

A few good reasons for a person from a first person country to be in Chernarus include volunteer work and, in the case of one of my characters, filming for a TV shows in the cheap filming environment that is Chernarus.

Dustin    0

My first person Eli, was here on work related issue, had to train some local Fire/EMT personal on how to be more effective. Then the shit went down.

Secend person was Marty Shelby with his brothers, had a Irish father and Chernarussian mother (Best match eh?) And she passed away so hince why I was their.

Third alt who I still play on here and their was JR Hines, who was flying his daughter to Russia but mid flight infection started and landed in Chernarus and is still looking for her to this day.

It's not hard to come up with a half decent story but most don't want to work to hard at it I guess so come up with quick on the spot stuff.

Mine was there for an athletic reason, and as for people moving to a 'third world country (seems extreme to call it that) , there's more than a few misfits who move to less developed countries because they can make more and have a better life on less. For example I had a former employer who moved to help run a restaurant in Romania because he was their American face and was an exotic foreign chef and here he was a nobody.

Bruce    0

I have never seen this as an issue. So does there need to be lore added to explain? At this point, no.

People play the characters they want as long as they fit in the lore.

It is a game and this way people have more fun. I would rather talk to 75% foreigners than all Chernarussians, more interesting that way.

Hebee    2673

To be fair we also grow pumpkins in what 12 minutes?, Everyone seems to RP that out just fine even though it doesn't make sense. .....

It all comes down to the fact that it is just a game let people make up their reasons as long as its not so crazily outlandish just accept it and RP on.

Tewudin    44

This was said so many times but I understand your point of view. Although you have to admit that you can't forced anyone to play Chernarussian character if he or she doesn't want to. That isn't the point of this community. Everyone is supposed to play whoever he/she wants. In terms of reasons - well, if someone play as a person from another country then the reason "Why is this person in Chernarus?" should be developed even before this character will appear in the game. It's very important part of the backstory. For now, I play someone who isn't native to Chernarus in any way but I plan to create Chernarussian character in the future. Of course, when I'll feel that Malcolm's story should end. It shouldn't be forced though. Maybe I'll change my mind and my next character, if I'll ever create one, won't be a Chernarussian. It all comes down to simple question - who do you want to be in game? It's a player's choice and it shouldn't change BUT if you're planning on playing certain character then you should really think about every part of his/her backstory so this character will fit into game and lore.

In the 21st century, humans have interacted peacefully more with each other than during any other time - despite what we see in the media. Economics is the main driving factor for this. Many "foreigners" may of been in Chernarus during the initial outbreak in Oct, 2014 for many personal reasons, vacation, foreign investment, business, extended family living in Chernarus, hunting, history, pilgrimage, religion, etc.

There is really a large list of reasons why many would decide to visit Chernarus. Air travel is cheaper than ever IRL due to the cost of oil at the moment, so this would also be a main driving factor. Foreigners would bring their money to Chernarus as typically, Western currencies have strong purchasing power. Many items and services would typically be more economic and cheaper for foreigners, thus giving the insensitive for them to spend their money within Chernarus.

Chernarus is NOT a third world country, I don't know where people are getting this idea from. It has a centralized government, infrastructure, roads, hospitals, schools, a state military and industry. Just because there is not a Starbucks or a McDonalds in Zelenogorsk or Berezino doesn't mean anything, if anything, Chernarussians most likely support domestic production of materials and other goods and services and shop locally for their everyday products.

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

Solution.

Make a Chernarussian character.

I know right, mind blown.

Haliax    1

For the Most part I have used the Red Cross because I play a doctor Character and also i can't pull off a very good russian accent so...... also if all the locals were killed in etchic cleansing why wouldent more foregners come in? also there are only about 100 people [more than that but still] and with Zbor and random others there i a large chunk that is Chernarussian with 36 members that Zbor has plus random others [like me for instance] it does make up a chunk of the population.

Johnny    0

I mean half of my characters don't even have back stories. Hell I haven't even made one for Johnny Denver my most played character. Why you ask? Because I like to let the RP make the character not the backstory. Also I hate the normal old "How did you get here" Question and conversation so whenever that happens ill direct the conversation else where. To each their own but this isn't really immersion breaking or anything else for me so I don't see any reason to make more work for the LM's.

Strider    0

I mean half of my characters don't even have back stories. Hell I haven't even made one for Johnny Denver my most played character. Why you ask? Because I like to let the RP make the character not the backstory. Also I hate the normal old "How did you get here" Question and conversation so whenever that happens ill direct the conversation else where. To each their own but this isn't really immersion breaking or anything else for me so I don't see any reason to make more work for the LM's.

+1 to that

I hate relying on a "backstory" for my character to make sense. I just play a character with some degree of social and cultural background and roll with it. it's been a year since the outbreak and people still ask: "What did you do before?" or "How did you get here?", getting kind of old.

Dustin    0

The what did you do before is not that bad, it's the how did you get here, like it matters, but the what did you do before I like cause it just adds a reminiscence to the way things used to be.

Dusty    1586

In the 21st century, humans have interacted peacefully more with each other than during any other time - despite what we see in the media. Economics is the main driving factor for this. Many "foreigners" may of been in Chernarus during the initial outbreak in Oct, 2014 for many personal reasons, vacation, foreign investment, business, extended family living in Chernarus, hunting, history, pilgrimage, religion, etc.

There is really a large list of reasons why many would decide to visit Chernarus. Air travel is cheaper than ever IRL due to the cost of oil at the moment, so this would also be a main driving factor. Foreigners would bring their money to Chernarus as typically, Western currencies have strong purchasing power. Many items and services would typically be more economic and cheaper for foreigners, thus giving the insensitive for them to spend their money within Chernarus.

Chernarus is NOT a third world country, I don't know where people are getting this idea from. It has a centralized government, infrastructure, roads, hospitals, schools, a state military and industry. Just because there is not a Starbucks or a McDonalds in Zelenogorsk or Berezino doesn't mean anything, if anything, Chernarussians most likely support domestic production of materials and other goods and services and shop locally for their everyday products.

+1

My own character arrived in Chernarus with a logging company. Money is a large driver these days, so it makes sense that people would be in Chernarus (or at least in the areas around Chernarus) for business and other things. Chernarus may look like a third world country, but that may be because we've only seen the eastern side of Chernarus. The capital may be in much better condition than the areas we've seen. It would also make sense that people would be in Novigrad for business/whatever, and eventually make their way to the eastern side of Chernarus the longer they survived.

Spartan    1234

My Chernarussian char is convinced that the forgeiners are cowards and hid when shit went down while the Chernarussians fought and (alot of them) died for their country. Thats her reason of why there are more foreigners than Chernarussians.

well I had 5 characters, 2 of them were soldiers(I just started rping), a Chinese man child from China who was adopted by a Brit and brought to Chernarus for her work.

Kenway Lee went there to talk with the UN and meet with the Chernarussian Ambassador but he never got a chance to do so.

Ashley went there to study the effects of war on the local population, particularly the effect it has on the families of the soldiers.

Idk there are a million and one ways to explain why there are more foreigners than chernarussian. all of which will come down and help someone with their unique RPing style. I contemplated making a chernarussian character but if you ever heard a Chinese kid from Asia try to make a Slavic accent you will take your dog out back and let him maul you to death