Server time: 2017-10-19, 01:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
JesterInPeril

Opinions on Character Ideas

I figured that I'd ask opinions on this character idea before I actually got back into the swing of roleplay.

I'm turning an idea over in my head of a character, name and background undecided.  Basically, this character is obsessed with learning, writing things down, organizing, etc.  He'll go around Chernarus meeting as many people as possible, documenting their names, stories, age, anything he can learn.  Same goes for places, he'll document location, directions, occupants, dangers.  He's basically the ultimate Chernarus scribe.  Naturally, he'd be a wordsmith and not have very many survival skills, but he'd slowly progress into a moderately capable survivor, using his interviews and collected data almost as a guide to lead himself towards survival.

That's just a basic outline, and all my interviews and data for people and places would be collected under a thread in Lore and Stories.  Just wanted to get some opinions on this before I get dedicated.  Would you like to meet this character? How would you respond to him?  Any improvements or suggestions to the basic outline?

Much appreciated,

Jester

PS: My apologies if this is the wrong location, this is my first time back after a long absence due to a massive family emergency.

Bruce    0

Sounds a lot like Alcyone.

Many of them RP similarly, Volke for example collects books.

It's not a bad idea and if done correctly it could be interesting.

Sounds a lot like Alcyone.

I've just looked into the group, as I wasn't familiar, and yes, it does seem as a similar theme.  But, who knows where it might lead, as I'm a single man, not an entire campus.  Thanks for the feedback!

AndreyQ    0

I remember someone doing the same thing. It was quite entertaining so I guess you could go ahead and try it out and see if you enjoy doing it.

/moved to standalone discussion.

My thanks to you, I wasn't sure which was the appropriate subforum.  Thank you and my apologies.

Joules    274

I can see this being an entertaining prospect for you to play into. I've always wanted to start collecting books, but I never got around to it. Leaving notes is something I would highly recommend if you do it right (considering your character would write a lot of things down). Every time I run into a loose note, I get a little giddy thinking I might have found gold. The idea of the character using knowledge to survive I am excited to see how it gets pulled off. Using brain over brawn... I like it.

Anyway I would probably find some interest in the character if I met him and learned to trust the character. I would like to see you try this out and do it well.

So yeah, you should totally do it man. If I could recommend something it would be that your character should extract his information very subtlety. Try to lead the other person into divulging information without you actually asking them to.

Stagsview    624

Sounds like the storyteller from the shoodycast YouTube series. When I was reading this. Would be a great idea to be honest but it really depends on how you would play him/her.

zoyo    70

Sounds like a pretty interesting character to me. I wouldn't mind running into him some time.

I'd say go for it.

If I could recommend something it would be that your character should extract his information very subtlety. Try to lead the other person into divulging information without you actually asking them to.

I considered this, but as the character would be obsessed with getting as much information as possible, I don't really see him wasting time.  Besides, in his scared mind, the big strong guys with automatic guns might not see him as a threat when they learn he's just a scholar.