Server time: 2017-08-18, 18:15

Sign in to follow this  

Imbalance of loremasters

So with the new promotions and seeing their clan relations, past game experience etc, I gotta ask; why is there no bandit-type loremasters?

I'm not saying the current loremasters are incapable, I'm just wondering why the imbalance.

Shouldn't there be a mix in play styles to make discussions more rounded and potentially fair? 

I'd just like to hear people's opinions on this

Why should it matter what RP style they prefer?Their job is to decide if a group fits the lore and such,what they like to play be it bandit or hero shouldn't matter.

Phoenix    1046

Why should it matter what RP style they prefer?Their job is to decide if a group fits the lore and such,what they like to play be it bandit or hero shouldn't matter.

+1

Jamie    1174

What difference would it make if all the Loremasters were all bandits? It makes no difference if they help people or not. It's about the dedication they have, and the skill of writing.

Spartan    997

I fail to see why it would be neccesary to have a "bandit" playstyle loremaster. Loremasters aren't picked because of their playstyle, they are picked for their abilities, motivation, teamwork etc etc.

+1

What difference would it make if all the Loremasters were all bandits? It makes no difference if they help people or not. It's about the dedication they have, and the skill of writing.

I fail to see why it would be neccesary to have a "bandit" playstyle loremaster. Loremasters aren't picked because of their playstyle, they are picked for their abilities, motivation, teamwork etc etc.

Reason is because of the hate towards bandits, it would be nice to have a voice for bandits in a team that has the power to accept or deny groups.

I'm not saying the current loremasters are incapable, I'm just wondering why the imbalance.

Indeed! I have to agree.

Nah. I don't see anything wrong with the new loremasters.

Volke    132

Galland may not rob people but he can pull off hostile rp very well ;). RP playstyle should have no affect on a loremaster similar that we don't have "bandit admins", "campfire GMs" ect. If they can do the work - and are hard workers : then by all means they should be worthy of the title . They clearly have been chosen in the belief that they will help flourish the community, so let's give them a chance to impress :)

Great Khan    52

+1

Spartan    997

Reason is because of the hate towards bandits, it would be nice to have a voice for bandits in a team that has the power to accept or deny groups.

If a bandit group fullfills the needed standards and requierments it will become official. It doesn't matter if the loremasters RP as bandits or not. The playstyle of the loremasters has no influence on the acceptance of groups. 

Like all staff members, they are requiered to be proffesional and not biased. If they weren't, they wouldn't be loremasters.

I think people are missing the point, I'm not questioning the loremaster's abilities. It would be nice to have a voice that is more focused on bandit clans.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Ironically there is no bandit groups anyways.

I get what you mean.

While, yes it would be good to have a LM known for his/her bandit type RP in order to help bandit groups in detail and give them more hints so that they improve RP, it is not 100% needed. Just because the current LM team is lacking a true bandit does not mean bandit groups are at a disadvantage. The LM, at least when I was staff, took some of their time and went IG with groups such as Immortals in order to get a brief look of their RP and how the hostile situations were going.

The LM, at least when I was staff, took some of their time and went IG with groups such as Immortals in order to get a brief look of their RP and how the hostile situations were going.

My understanding of that motion was it was part of the new policy... -_-

Anyways, I don't think the Loremaster's roleplay should depict their ability to approve and deny groups. Or affect their ability to write.

Roach    1519

This

zoyo    64

I dont really see the need to have loremasters from bandits clans. I understand that you want them to look at bandit groups from the perspective of a different play style, but really I dont think that's important when it comes to a loremaster's job. The loremasters judge groups based on whether or not the group makes sense / fits in with the DayZRP lore. You dont need to have a loremaster in a bandit group to understand other bandit groups.

Brad    155

Why complain about changes without seeing anything that progresses from them? 

Perhaps the new loremasters will help create something you enjoy, how will you know if you literally give them shit an hour after they have been chosen?

If you have ideas for the loremasters pm them rather than being negative from the get go, maybe try to help them with what you want to see?

A huge problem in this community are people assuming things won't go well before even letting the idea come to life.

zoyo    64

Perhaps the new loremasters will help create something you enjoy, how will you know if you literally give them shit an hour after they have been chosen?

If you have ideas for the loremasters pm them rather than being negative from the get go, maybe try to help them with what you want to see?

A huge problem in this community are people assuming things won't go well before even letting the idea come to life.

this +1

Vaine    23

I dont think we need a bandit focussed loremaster. I wouldnt say bandit groups hav3 been denied for being bandits that i know of

Conor    243

+1

Galland    87

I think people are missing the point, I'm not questioning the loremaster's abilities. It would be nice to have a voice that is more focused on bandit clans.

Then I shall be that voice, You got a new bandit group? Inform me I will roll with you guys for a day or a few and we see how it goes.

With other words you decide fine sir, you and all the others who want to deliver good hostile / bandit RP. Nobody will put stones into your way if the RP is excellent.

Jeez, slow down. I'm not giving them shit, nor am I complaining. I'm simply raising a thought of mine and opening it to the community. I'm not assuming anything, just a mixture of experiences have made me come to this opinion.

Please read through the comments before commenting

johnm5425    2

I think it would be a good idea so there could be a few bandit oriented lore events, however I don't think the LM has to be a bandit to do this.

But I suppose diversity is usually a good thing.

Brad    155

Jeez, slow down. I'm not giving them shit, nor am I complaining. I'm simply raising a thought of mine and opening it to the community. I'm not assuming anything, just a mixture of experiences have made me come to this opinion.

Please read through the comments before commenting

Very well.  I just don't see why people who appreciate the fine art of banditry can't help the LM team out if they need some inspiration.

Banditry is a huge part of this game, I for one would love to see the LM's put forth something that improves it over "hey give me your shit".  I think working with groups who are looking to fufill that role would be beneficial for the entire community.

Maybe the fact that they are not bandit themed players will give them knowledge in the area and be able to contribute in a new way?

(also maybe the people who would diversify this team, aren't applying for the position?)