Server time: 2017-10-20, 18:12
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
MurmerGaming

Hiatus

So, I took a break from the game a little while after .58 because I was getting bored. I work nights so my chances of actually running into people is pretty much zero, and at that point if you weren't RPing there was no point in playing the game. Just got a new place, getting net soon(stealing my neighbors at the moment.) I just wanted to ask everyone; How is .59? How much has it changed gameplay, and ultimately is it a good update all around? I'm wanting to get back into it, but I don't want to sink in more time if it isn't considerably improved, due to the hours I log on at.

Clumsy    226

Having zombies back in is a plus. I too took a really long break during 0.58 but mainly

because I just couldn't get into DayZ without the Zs. So far whenever I've had time to play 

and the servers are up I've enjoyed the new update. Hearing my first zombie and the new sounds

they make brought back the horror to survival. I would say if you have the extra time just jump on and

play around for a bit. Try it for yourself.

Having zombies back in is a plus. I too took a really long break during 0.58 but mainly

because I just couldn't get into DayZ without the Zs. So far whenever I've had time to play 

and the servers are up I've enjoyed the new update. Hearing my first zombie and the new sounds

they make brought back the horror to survival. I would say if you have the extra time just jump on and

play around for a bit. Try it for yourself.

Have they balanced the zombies well? I remember last time they were in they were like a tank.

Jannik    0

all +1

zombies

new guns

new cars

new clothes

game runs better now (on my computer)

I think that .59 is just +1 here

there are some weird bugs but it's all something I can live with :)

Clumsy    226

I haven't had any issues with smacking them with a melee weapon and bringing them down. Only problem I'll say I have is the sounds.

They can be close but they will sound like they are right behind you when they are still a good distance away. I thought it was just me but

my boyfriend has said the same thing when he came across some in town.

Dusty    1586

It mainly depends on what excites you. If driving, explosions, zombies, new guns, etc. excite you, then you'll love this patch. If not, well there's always interesting RP and fun to be had. I am loving this patch, especially finding, fixing, and driving the new vehicles. Also, it's fun having the zombies back. They're fast, but you can outrun them. The zombies can be overwhelming, so it's best not to fire your weapon in a large city, unless you have loads of ammo to spare on the zombies as they swarm you. The new guns are pretty cool, though I've only tried out the new pistol, and SMG. Grenades and flashbangs are back, and I've had some fun testing them out on zombies and using them in pub servers. All in all, I think it makes the game a bit fresher, and adds more RP scenarios. Of course, every patch has it's bugs, but this patch is definitely liveable and even enjoyable.

Well, then I'm looking forward to returning to Chenarus. Especially since my towns main internet provider just upgraded from 30Mb to 300Mb net speeds.

zoyo    70

0.59 has brought a lot of new stuff the the table. I haven't had the chance to get into RP very much this patch due to the constant DDoS attacks, but I'm looking forward to it. Based off of my experience in pub servers I know RP is gonna be blast.

Hope to see you out there. :)